Bongs are also called ‘water pipes.’ Radically, they are a tool for decontaminating the smoke via water to make it more reliable and smooth.
Eventually, the more water fills the smoke, the pleasanter. Over the past years, a broad spectrum of surpassing bongs addressed them as the desired selections for smokers.
They differ in their different designs, materials, and features. They are made from diversified materials Silicone, Borosilicate (Pyrex) Glass, Ceramic, Acrylic, and likewise.
These appear in various sizes, plenty of filter containers, and colours. However, the most popular ones are made up of Acrylic or Glass ones.
- Acrylic bongs are lighter and more durable than glass bongs, making them less likely to break if dropped.
- Glass bongs provide a cleaner taste and smoother smoke than acrylic bongs, which can affect the overall smoking experience.
- Acrylic bongs are generally less expensive than glass bongs and come in a wider range of colors and designs.
Acrylic vs Glass Bongs
Acrylic bongs are made of plastic and are generally less expensive than glass bongs. They can also come in various shapes, sizes, and colours, making them more customizable. Glass bongs are generally more expensive than acrylic bongs. They are also more fragile than acrylic bongs.
|Parameters of Comparison||Acrylic Bong||Glass Bong|
|Materials||The material of acrylic bong is made up of plastic.||The material of glass bong is made up of as it is called glass.|
|Costs||It is more affordable to buy than glass bongs.||It is more expensive to buy than acrylic bongs.|
|Chemical Reaction||Change occurs in the smell and the taste of its smoke after coming in contact with heat. It turns into an undesirable flavour.||The taste and smell of its smoke do not change even after coming in contact with the heat. It keeps the authentic flavour better and more natural as it is.|
|Durability||Acrylic Bong is more durable than glass bong.||Glass Bong is less durable than an acrylic bong.|
|Quality||The material is thinner than glass ones.||The material is thicker than the acrylic ones.|
|Clean||They are harder to clean as compared to a glass bong.||They are easier to clean than the acrylic bong.|
|Maintenance||It does not break easily after dropping or compressing. The material is strong enough not to break easily.||It can break easily after toppling in the wrong way or dropping. It is fragile enough to break.|
|Portability||Easier and lighter to take anywhere by packing it in a suitcase.||These bongs are heavier and sensitively fragile unless having a special suitcase they’re heavier to carry. So they’re better for indoor use.|
What is Acrylic Bong?
Acrylic Bongs possess a stimulating, artistic, and friendly appearance. The design of the models has several shapes, colours, and bodies. They are formed up of thinner plastic material and so are more long-lasting.
The benefit of obtaining acrylic bongs is that they are affordable and effortless to carry anywhere.
The body is amply sturdy enough not to break easily, even after falling or squeezing. They are lighter in weight to transport anywhere while travelling.
On the downside, they are hard to clean. If not, the smoking experience worsens after reacting to the heat.
What is Glass Bong?
Glass Bongs resemble simplistic, contemporary, and neat than Acrylic. Its design is more personal, hand-blown, and freakish. They are a build-up of glass, as they are acknowledged. It is simpler to cleanse them.
These are expensive products as they are aesthetic materials. Even after coming in contact with the heat, it still manages to sustain the initial taste, flavour, and smell of smoke. That results in the inert smoking experience.
On the downside, as glass, they have a sensitive body. That is less durable and easily breakable after toppling in the wrong way or dropping it.
The material is thick, but it is also fragile. Because of their robust body, they are heavier to carry anywhere. To save them from breaking, they need a special suitcase while travelling or are better to use indoors.
Main Differences Between Acrylic and Glass Bongs
- Acrylic bongs are made of plastic, and Glass bongs are made of glass material.
- The former bongs are affordable, and the latter are expensive ones.
- After coming in contact with heat, the flavour of the smoke in acrylic changes. At the same time, glass maintains its authenticness of it.
- Acrylics are more durable than glass ones.
- The acrylic bong has thinner material. On the contrary, glass bong has thicker material.
- The first ones are harder to clean, while the second ones are easier.
- Acrylics are easy to maintain. Conversely, glass is sensitive that is easily breakable.
- It is lighter to travel with acrylic. On the other hand, glass is the heavier one.
- While travelling, acrylic is the best choice to take with you. Whereas glass is better for indoor use.
This article has been written by: Supriya Kandekar
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.