Resin is a liquid material that is used to protect certain materials from unwanted particles. It is popularly used to make art. One thing to keep in mind before using any type of resin is that it should be used at room temperature or as indicated in the bottle’s instructions. Otherwise, the resin may not be useful.
Art Resin and EnviroTex are the companies that sell resins used in the making of different types of art to customers. One should know the difference between their resin and confirm its details before buying it from their provider or vendor.
- Art Resin is a brand of epoxy resin that creates glossy and clear finishes on artwork and other surfaces, while Envirotex is a brand of pour-on resin that can be used on various surfaces.
- Art Resin is self-levelling and has a longer working time than Envirotex.
- Envirotex is more affordable than Art Resin but may require multiple coats to achieve a high-gloss finish.
Art Resin vs EnviroTex
The difference between Art Resin and EnviroTex is that Art Resin is known for not turning yellow after coating. EnviroTex, like other resins in the market, does turn yellow after some time. Also, Art Resin is BPA and Toxin-free with UV protectant. The resin by EnviroTex does not possess these features.
Art Resin is a resin company. These products are claimed to be non-toxic, and they provide all the materials to start and complete artwork. They can be used in the making of any wooden structure, craft project, coating photos, and many other pieces as well.
EnviroTex is a water-based epoxy resin that has been on the market since 1969. The company behind the product is Environmental Technology Inc., ETI in short, which sells EnviroTex Lite. They have the original 1:1 formula of hardener and resin.
|Parameters of Comparison||Art Resin||EnviroTex|
|Year of discovery||2008||1969|
|UV protectant||Art Resin is a UV protectant well as it has no fumes and solvents as well.||EnviroTex is not UV protected, and the resin might be affected if it catches sun rays.|
|Product sizes||There are more amount of resin sizes by Art resin, starting from 8 Oz to 10 gals.||EnviroTex has resin options from 4 Oz to 1 gal.|
|BPA/Toxin free||Art Resin is both toxin-free and BPA-free.||The resin of EnviroTex is neither BPA-free nor Toxin-free.|
|Product range||The product range of Art Resin is costlier than other resin available in the market. There can be many reasons for this.||EnviroTex is cheaper in comparison to Art Resin.|
What is Art Resin?
Art resin is a type of resin that is used for coating types of art pieces. People commonly use it to safeguard their art from water or any other material. It is BPA, Toxin-free as well as has UV protection in its formula.
Art Resin is best known for preventing the art from turning into a yellowish color, which has been seen earlier with the use of other types of resins. This gives the product an edge over its competitors. They also sell a 32 oz size kit which includes all the materials to be used by beginners.
The product has UV stabilizers that protect the art from harmful rays. They also have a resin calculator through which one can get the proper information on the amount of resin that is to be used on a particular material.
What is EnviroTex?
Envirotex is a water-based compound used for different coating types of materials that provide a gloss over them. On their “resin crafts blog” website, people can find different DIYs and crafting ideas to try with EnviroTex resin.
The product is used after all the work on the particular material is finished and poured on top of it, covering the product from all sides. The company claims that the resin starts to gloss over the product in a span of 8 hours, and the resin is fully cured in a span of 72 hours.
For the use of resin, one has to mix a hardener and a resin. The average ratio for the resin to hardener would be 1:1, but it totally depends on the material that it is being used on. It can get scratched easily. Thus it is important to keep it somewhere safe.
Main Differences Between Art Resin and EnviroTex
- Both of the products are ideal for different types of materials. Art Resin is by artists for artists who do crafts and other art projects. While EnviroTex is used for things as well.
- It is seen that resin by EnviroTex turns yellow over a period of time, something that has been the problem of resin products for many years. But, while using Art Resin, it does not turn yellow.
- Art Resin claims to be odorless, and it has been seen that it is in comparison to other resins. On the other hand, EvinorTex, like other resins, has some odor.
- Art Resin has UV protection that safeguards the artwork from harmful rays and hot weather, while EnviroTex does not contain UV protectants.
- Art Resin takes more time to cure than EnviroTex’s resin. The reason can be because it is said the longer a resin takes to cure, the lesser chance of it being yellowish in the future.
- EnviroTex is not Toxin or BPA-free. Art resin, on the contrary, is toxin-free as well as BPA-free. Thereby it is safer than other resins.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.