There are many components that we need to remember while writing content online. As content developers, it is essential to assure readers that the information they obtain holds weight.
For this reason, there are a few strategies that we can use. These strategies create a sense of trust between the writer and the reader.
- Backlinks refer to links from external websites that lead to a particular website, improving its search engine rankings.
- Hyperlinks refer to clickable text or images that lead to another web page or a different section of the same page.
- Backlinks are a crucial aspect of search engine optimization, while hyperlinks are a fundamental element of web page navigation.
Backlink vs Hyperlink
The difference between Backlink and Hyperlink is that Backlink is a link created as a one-way path that links a given website to another. On the other hand, a Hyperlink is just any link used to navigate a given website.
|Parameters of Comparison||Backlink||Hyperlink|
|Pathway||A backlink allows a reader to move from an “outside” website to an individual’s website.||This link redirects a reader from an individual’s website to an “outside” website.|
|Forms||A backlink is present only as a link between the document or at the end.||A hyperlink can be present in the form of a media or link.|
|Representation||A backlink is only a reference to another article. A reader can use this for further reading.||The addition of a hyperlink is to allow the reader to access quick information without leaving the page.|
|SEO||On attaining more backlinks, one’s content will receive more exposure.||Hyperlinks are added to content only to create streamlined content. It does not have much value when it comes to affecting the algorithm.|
What is a Backlink?
A backlink is a crucial component when it comes to creating SEO-friendly content. Adding a link from another article or website to one’s website is known as a backlink.
This mention of another website’s link can be seen as an interaction between two websites.
The fact is that the Google algorithm follows specific criteria while selecting content. One of the essential criteria is determining if the content in question is of any value.
Backlinks play a significant role in creating a large portion of the deal.
To increase the number of backlinks to a website, one must follow specific steps:
- The most crucial step would be to find posts that contain sought-after ideas. Doing this allows one to use the same vision and write a longer, more informative post.
- It can also help create instructional content with words like Guide, “How to”, and “What.”
- Adding one’s content links to various social media platforms can also increase views coming in.
- Another valuable trick is to find the links on other websites that are ranking well. This search can be done online using Link Search and SEM Rush. One can add these high-ranking links to content.
Suppose one considers two individuals, A and B. A is a freelancer that writes about an event. This article catches the attention of B. B, an employee of a marketing company covering the said event.
So B writes their article and decides to mention A’s link. Therefore, B’s content is viewed by many people since it has more exposure and sees A’s link.
Consequently, one can conclude that A’s post has received a backlink from B. But that begs one question. What is B benefitting from this arrangement?
In addition to receiving information for research, B may receive many more backlinks from new individuals promoting the event.
This, in turn, grants both A and B’s site credibility. This credibility will increase traffic to B and subsequently to A. Therefore, both A and B will emerge winners in this encounter.
What is a Hyperlink?
A Hyperlink is merely a link added to a piece of content. Upon clicking this link, the reader will be directed to a webpage containing the required information.
A hyperlink is a set of words, in HTML, that are underlined.
This link either links to other websites, dictionaries, or glossaries. It is a tool that finds use in helping a reader skim through content quickly and attain specific information.
It also has another use in allowing the reader to access glossaries or references straightforwardly.
Adding a hyperlink can be in the form of a picture or other media. This allows a content developer to create content by using other websites or the media posted on other platforms.
There are two types of Hyperlinks. The first type is an internal link that can create a pathway for a reader to travel from one post on a website to another post on the same website.
The latter is an external link allowing a reader to traverse from one website to another that can be considered an outsider.
It can be demonstrated by taking the example of Wikipedia. The reference links at the bottom of a page are an example of external links.
Main Differences Between Backlinks and Hyperlinks
- A backlink is used as a reference link of a website on a foreign website. A hyperlink is just an HTML reference to navigate a website.
- A backlink adds a link to the content to support one’s views with other content. A hyperlink allows a reader to research further because using that link. You can reach a website.
- A backlink is only a link and is denoted as such. A hyperlink can be in the form of blue text or media.
- For SEO-backed content, it is crucial to attain backlinks. Hyperlinks do not have such roles.
- A strong Backlink increases traffic to your website and is used as a digital marketing strategy. On the other hand, a hyperlink is used to navigate to a given website.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.