During the ’90s, our grandmother and mother use to apply some homemade pack or face mask on the face to keep it healthy and moist, or just eat healthy and nutritious food. Nowadays, pollution and junk food consumption has increased to a level where proper care of skin has to be done. Otherwise, it can lead to acne, pore, or in general, not healthy skin.
And in our generation, we cannot wait for the result of homemade organic packs. Everyone needs the result fast and quick. This lead to an increase in usage of various skin-related products, face washes, skin oils, serum, and several face packs. Now sometimes, we get confused between bio-oil and vitamin C serum. Both of them have their role and effect on the skin.
Bio Oil vs Vitamin C Serum
The difference between Bio-oil and Vitamin C Serum is that Bio-oil has larger molecules making its consistency comparatively thick, whereas Vitamin C Serum has smaller molecules making it thin as water. They both have different ingredients and usage. Although when it comes to usage, bio-oil serves more purposes than Vitamin C Serum.
Bio-oil is oil made of calendula, lavender, rosemary, and chamomile. Not only this, it is enriched with vitamin A and E and other ingredients, which are very helpful in treating any hyperpigmentation or scars related problems. It is also very useful as it keeps the skin hydrating, which is essential for healthy skin.
Vitamin C serum is a facial serum used for hydrating and treating several skin-related problems. It is very affordable for the good it does to the skin. It contains L-ascorbic acid, tocopherol (vitamin E) or glutathione, ferulic acid and is suitable for even sensitive skin types. Vitamin C helps in lightening the acne scars and wrinkles, and many more.
Comparison Table Between Bio Oil and Vitamin C Serum
|Parameters of Comparison||Bio Oil||Vitamin C Serum|
|Meaning||It is a type of cosmetic oil.||Type of facial serum enriched with vitamin c.|
|Type of||Face oil||Face serum|
|Used for||soften wrinkles and reduce hyperpigmentation||Reducing acne scars and discoloration.|
|Contains||calendula, lavender, rosemary, and chamomile etc.||L-ascorbic acid, tocopherol ferulic acid.|
|Side Effects||Skin Irritation and Redness||Redness and itching|
What is Bio Oil?
It is the oil used for lightening the scars and hyperpigmentation. It has various usage and benefits and can be used in more than one way. It can be used at night, left overnight on the face or in the morning as suitable.
Bio-Oil is considered beneficial for the following:
- For Wrinkles: bio-oil contains vitamin A which is useful in lightening the skin and also promotes hydration making skin more plum, hence, reducing the wrinkles.
- For Acne Scars: it is considered best for lightening and reducing acne scars. It can cure any type of acne scars easily and have positive results in doing so far.
- For Dark Spots: it helps cure the problem of hyperpigmentation or commonly known as dark spots, which are caused due to ultraviolet rays.
Side Effects: in general, bio-oil is natural and does not have any harsh side effects, but sometimes on sensitive skins, it can cause redness or irritation. Therefore, it is always advised to do a patch test before applying it directly to the face. And also, it is advisable to check all the ingredients to make sure you are not allergic to any of them.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Bio-Oil Skincare Oil, Body Oil for Scars and Stretchmarks, Serum Hydrates Skin, Non-Greasy,...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Vitamin C Serum?
It is a gel-based serum containing Vitamin C. It is best for hydrating skin and removes the scars on the face. It is best for all types of skin as it is not thick and does not have any harmful ingredients. Vitamin C is otherwise also is most beneficial for the body, and when applied directly to the face, it works the best.
It is not only helpful in removing scars but also even out the skin, helps in treating the problem of hyperpigmentations, reduces the dark circles under the eye (which is so common nowadays due to lack of proper sleep), it helps in collagen production and making the skin plum, therefore, removing the wrinkles, etc.
Vitamin C serum is very easy to use. Just 2-3 drops should be applied to the skin before moisturizing. Before applying on the skin, it should be applied on hand or any other area to make sure you are not allergic to it. Otherwise, it can only cause little irritation and redness on the first use and afterwards no side effects.
Therefore it is clear how using this serum is beneficial and gets absorbed quickly due to watery consistency.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||TruSkin Vitamin C Serum for Face, Anti Aging Serum with Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, Organic Aloe...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Bio Oil and Vitamin C Serum
- Bio-Oil is a type of face oil, and Vitamin C Serum is face serum.
- Along with the soften wrinkles and hyperpigmentation Bio-oil also treats the scars and stretch marks on the body and smooth the skin, whereas Vitamin C Serum is used for reducing acne scars and the problem of discolouration.
- Bio-Oil Contains Various elements such as calendula, lavender, rosemary, and chamomile, and Vitamin E and A along with tocopherol, which helps in enhancing the skin, and ingredients of Vitamin C Serum includes L-ascorbic acid, tocopherol (vitamin E) or glutathione, ferulic acid.
- Firstly Vitamin C Serum is applied to the face as most of the Vitamin C Serum has a thin consistency, and then Bio-oil is applied, which has a relatively thick consistency.
- Vitamin C Serum is used for the face, whereas Bio-oil can be used on any part. For example, it is highly recommended for the lightening of stretch marks.
Well, there is no confusion between Bio-Oil and Vitamin C Serum with all the above differences. They were not common earlier, but now we know their needs them and the effect they have on our skin. Digital platforms such as Instagram and YouTube have provided an advantage in usage of these products, as influencer all over the world displays the importance of these products, and this is one of the main reason why people are becoming obsessed over them.
Before using any product on the skin, a patch test should be done to check if it is allergic to the skin or not.
Last update on 2021-10-22 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- 1 Bio Oil vs Vitamin C Serum
- 2 Comparison Table Between Bio Oil and Vitamin C Serum
- 3 What is Bio Oil?
- 4 What is Vitamin C Serum?
- 5 Main Differences Between Bio Oil and Vitamin C Serum
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 References