Blue Yeti Pro version offers an enhanced audio experience as the sample bit rate is at an elevated value of 192 kHz. The difference in the sound quality of the recordings created by each model is the most seminal bone of contention between the two.
- The Blue Yeti X has a higher sampling rate of 24-bit/48kHz compared to the Blue Yeti Pro’s 16-bit/48kHz sampling rate.
- The Blue Yeti X has a built-in LED metering system that helps you to adjust the audio levels, while the Blue Yeti Pro does not.
- The Blue Yeti Pro comes with more polar pattern options, including stereo, bidirectional, omnidirectional, and cardioid, while the Blue Yeti X only has cardioid and omnidirectional options.
Blue Yeti X vs. Blue Yeti Pro
Blue Yeti X is a microphone model designed with a sampling rate of 24-bit/48kHz and a built-in LED metering system for adjusting the audio. It comes with four polar pattern options. Blue Yeti Pro is a microphone model mostly used for gaming and streaming, with two pattern options and a 16-bit/48kHz.
|Parameters of Comparison||Blue Yeti X||Blue Yeti Pro|
|Sample Bit Rate||Blue Yeti X offers a sample bit rate of 24-bit/48kHz.||Blue Yeti Pro offers a sample bit rate of 24-bit/192kHz.|
|Condenser Capsules||The Blue Yeti X model has 4 condenser capsules.||The Blue Yeti Pro model has 3 condenser capsules.|
|Weight||This variant is heavier than the Blue Yeti Pro model. It weighs approximately 1.2 lbs.||This variant is lighter than the Blue Yeti X model. It weighs approximately 1.14 lbs.|
|Desktop Stand||A desktop stand is included with the Blue Yeti X model.||No desktop stand is included in the box.|
|Frequency Response Range||20 Hz-20 kHz.||15 Hz-22 Hz.|
|Signal-to-Noise Evaluation||100dB.||114 dB.|
|Price||Blue Yeti X is a lucratively priced USB microphone.||Blue Yeti Pro is a premium model and, thus, priced relatively higher than the brand’s other offerings.|
|Power Requirements||62mA-203mA.||5V 500mA.|
What is Blue Yeti X?
Blue Yeti X is an improvement on the original Yeti model as this innovative USB microphone is equipped with 4 condenser capsules that induce clarity to all audio recordings.
The Yeti X model has other improvements, like a LED meter that allows the user to check if his or her voice is too high or low for the best recording output.
This flagship product operates on all the coveted 4 modes, including the Cardioid and Omnidirectional ones. It is fitted with a smart knob that allows users to easily switch between the gain, headphone, and blend modes.
Another beneficial aspect of the Yeti X model is its low market price. This lucrative, versatile, and quality product offer staunch competition to the other variants of the Yeti range available in the market.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Logitech for Creators Blue Yeti X USB Microphone for Gaming, Streaming, Podcasting, Twitch, YouTube,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Blue Yeti X Professional Condenser USB Microphone with High-Res Metering, LED Lighting & Blue Voice...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Blue Yeti Pro?
The Blue Yeti Pro model was launched and marketed as one of the most premium offerings from the renowned Yeti microphone range.
It delivers on these claims by recording high-definition audio at a formidable sample bit rate of 24 bit/192 kHz. This model is revered as the highest-quality USB microphone available in the market.
Yeti Pro has 4 polar patterns, including the Cardioid, Bi-directional, Stereo, and Omnidirectional modes.
As a premium model, the microphone’s price is on the relatively higher end of the price spectrum. The Blue Yeti Pro model is truly one of the very best in the current category of versatile microphones in the market.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Logitech for Creators Blue Yeticaster Pro Broadcast Bundle with Yeti USB Microphone for Gaming,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Blue 1967 Yeti Pro USB Condenser Microphone, Multipattern||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Blue Yeti X and Blue Yeti Pro
- The main difference between the two models is that the former creates audio recordings with diminished sound quality compared to the latter’s high-resolution audio recording abilities. The bit rate of each model is different. At the same time, the Blue Yeti X model offers a bit rate of 24 bit/48kHz, while the Blue Yeti Pro model offers a sample bit rate of 24 bit/192kHz.
- The Blue Yeti X model has 4 proprietary Blue condenser capsules compared to the 3 proprietary condenser capsules used in the Blue Yeti Pro model.
- The weight of the Blue Yeti X model is higher than the Blue Yeti Pro model. The former variant weighs approximately 1.2 lbs, while the latter weighs around 1.14 lbs.
- The package containing a Blue Yeti X model includes a desktop stand. This additional offering is absent from the list of add-ons included in the Blue Yeti Pro package.
- The signal-to-noise ratio for each variant is different. While Blue Yeti Pro offers a signal-to-noise value of 114 dB, Blue Yeti X offers an SNR of 100 dB.
- The frequency response range of each USB microphone is also dissimilar. Blue Yeti Pro has a frequency response range of 15 Hz-22 Hz, while Blue Yeti X has a frequency response range of 20 Hz-20 kHz.
- The power requirements for the two models are contrary to each other. While the Blue Yeti Pro model has a power requirement of 5V 500mA, the Blue Yeti X model has a power requirement range of 62mA-203mA.
- The market price of each model is distinctly different. While the Blue Yeti Pro model is one of the most premium offerings of the Blue USB microphone models, the Blue Yeti X model is comparatively cost-effective and affordable.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.