Blue Yeti Pro version offers an enhanced audio experience as the sample bit rate is at an elevated value of 192 kHz. The difference in the sound quality of the recordings created by each model is the most seminal bone of contention between the two.
Blue Yeti X vs Blue Yeti Pro
The difference between the Blue Yeti X and Blue Yeti Pro models is that the sound quality offered by the former model is pronouncedly diminished, while the Blue Yeti Pro variant offers the customer high-resolution, superior sound quality recordings. Blue Yeti X boosts a sample rate of 24 bits/48KHz, while the Blue Yeti Pro version is known for its higher sample bit rate of 24 bit/192kHz.
Comparison Table Between Blue Yeti X and Blue Yeti Pro
|Parameters of Comparison||Blue Yeti X||Blue Yeti Pro|
|Sample Bit Rate||Blue Yeti X offers a sample bit rate of 24-bit/48kHz.||Blue Yeti Pro offers a sample bit rate of 24-bit/192kHz.|
|Condenser Capsules||The Blue Yeti X model has 4 condenser capsules.||The Blue Yeti Pro model has 3 condenser capsules.|
|Weight||This variant is heavier than the Blue Yeti Pro model. It weighs approximately 1.2 lbs.||This variant is lighter than the Blue Yeti X model. It weighs approximately 1.14 lbs.|
|Desktop Stand||A desktop stand is included with the Blue Yeti X model.||No desktop stand included in the box.|
|Frequency Response Range||20 Hz-20 kHz.||15 Hz-22 Hz.|
|Signal to Noise Evaluation||100dB.||114 dB.|
|Price||Blue Yeti X is a lucratively priced USB microphone.||Blue Yeti Pro is a premium model and thus, priced relatively higher than the other offerings of the brand.|
|Power Requirements||62mA-203mA.||5V 500mA.|
What is Blue Yeti X?
Blue Yeti X is an improvement on the original Yeti model as this innovative USB microphone is equipped with 4 condenser capsules that induce clarity to all audio recordings. The Yeti X model comes with other improvements like a LED meter that allows the user to check if his or her voice is too high or low for the best recording output.
This flagship product operates on all the coveted 4 modes including the Cardioid and Omnidirectional ones. It is fitted with a smart knob that allows users to easily switch between the gain, headphone, and blend modes.
Another beneficial aspect of the Yeti X model is its low market price. This lucrative, versatile, and quality product offer staunch competition to the other variants of the Yeti range available in the market.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Blue Yeti X Professional Condenser USB Microphone with High-Res Metering, LED Lighting & Blue Voice...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Blue Yeti Pro?
The Blue Yeti Pro model was launched and marketed as one of the most premium offerings from the renowned Yeti microphone range. It delivers on these claims by recording high definition audio at a formidable sample bit rate of 24 bit/192 kHz. This model is revered as the highest quality USB microphone available in the market.
The Blue Yeti Pro model is fitted with 3 condenser capsules that deliver superior quality recordings. It features a frequency response range of 15 Hz-22 Hz and a single-to-noise ratio of 114 dB. Yeti Pro is equipped with 4 polar patterns including the Cardioid, Bi-directional, Stereo, and Omnidirectional modes.
As a premium model, the price of the microphone is on the relatively higher end of the price spectrum. The Blue Yeti Pro model is truly one of the very best in the current category of versatile microphones in the market.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording & Streaming on PC and Mac, 3 Condenser Capsules, 4 Pickup Patterns,...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Blue Yeti X and Blue Yeti Pro
- The main difference between the two models is that the former creates audio recordings with diminished sound quality when compared to the latter’s high-resolution audio recording abilities. The bit rate of each model is different. While the Blue Yeti X model offers a bit rate of 24 bit/48kHz, while the Blue Yeti Pro model offers a sample bit rate of 24 bit/192kHz.
- The Blue Yeti X model has 4 proprietary Blue condenser capsules as compared to the 3 proprietary condenser capsules used in the Blue Yeti Pro model.
- The weight of the Blue Yeti X model is higher than the Blue Yeti Pro model. The former variant weighs approximately 1.2 lbs, while the latter model weighs approximately around 1.14 lbs.
- The package containing a Blue Yeti X model includes a desktop stand. This additional offering is absent from the list of add-ons included in the Blue Yeti Pro package.
- The signal to noise ratio for each variant is different. While Blue Yeti Pro offers a signal to noise value of 114 dB, Blue Yeti X offers an SNR of 100 dB.
- The frequency response range of each USB microphone is also dissimilar. Blue Yeti Pro has a frequency response range of 15 Hz-22 Hz, while Blue Yeti X has a frequency response range of 20 Hz-20 kHz.
- The power requirements for the two models are contrary to each other. While the Blue Yeti Pro model has a power requirement of 5V 500mA, the Blue Yeti X model has a power requirement range of 62mA-203mA.
- The market price of each model is distinctly different. While the Blue Yeti Pro model is one of the most premium offerings of the Blue USB microphone models, the Blue Yeti X model is comparatively cost-effective and affordable.
The Blue Yeti X and Blue Yeti Pro models share several similarities in terms of their design as well as features. Both offer the standard Cardioid and Omnidirectional polar patterns and operate within the mono stereo sound field. However, the difference between the two are also quite pronounced.
The most seminal dissimilarity can be noted in terms of the sound quality offered by each USB microphone variant. The Blue Yeti X model lacks the sophistication of the sample bit rate embodied by the Blue Yeti Pro model. At 24 bit/192 kHz, this model outperforms the Yeti X variant.
Moreover, the two also differ in terms of their market price points, condensation capsules, frequency response ranges as well as power requirements. These dissimilarities must be cognized to make an informed decision between the two models.
Last update on 2021-02-22 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Table of Contents