There are various versatile ways to dress and look attractive and smart. Many people are confused about the type of trousers or jeans they should wear. Two types of jeans are boyfriend jeans and mom jeans with distinct features and characteristics and are suitable for different kinds of people.
Boyfriend Jeans vs Mom Jeans
The difference between boyfriend jeans and mom jeans is that boyfriend jeans have more space or room in the thighs and posterior areas. On the other hand, mom jeans have a straight, flat front and a comparatively higher waist. It is highly stretchable and allows you to move around freely without any problem.
Boyfriend jeans are generally made of stretchy cloth, and it also has a highly elastic waistband thus making it more comfortable to wear when compared to mom jeans. It has a large amount of room in the waist area. They have a long waistline when compared to the mom jeans.
Mom jeans are an ideal option for women as they have a straight and flat front. Mom jeans are designed specifically for women. The legs of mom jeans are comparatively shorter than boyfriend jeans. The best part about mom jeans is that they immediately stretch as one wears them, thus helping someone move around without any restriction.
Comparison Table Between Boyfriend Jeans and Mom Jeans
|Parameters of Comparison||Boyfriend Jeans||Mom Jeans|
|Structural Appearance||The areas of the legs and crotch of boyfriend jeans are generally loose.||The areas around the thigh and waist in the mom jeans are generally loose.|
|Suitability||The boyfriend jeans are typically designed for all males.||The mom jeans are typically designed for all females.|
|Innovations||The boyfriend jeans are comparatively longer. As a result, the ankles can be innovated and made stylish by folding a little cloth.||The mom jeans may not be as versatile as boyfriend jeans. Due to its small length, the ankles cannot be innovated by folding the jeans.|
|Leg length||The leg length of boyfriend jeans is comparatively longer when compared to mom jeans.||The leg length of mom jeans is comparatively shorter when compared to boyfriend jeans.|
|Elasticity of waist||Since boyfriend jeans are designed for men, they do not have an elastic waist.||Since mom jeans are designed for women, they have a highly elastic waist.|
|Price||The price of boyfriend jeans is high. It is not available at all stores.||The price of mom jeans is comparatively lower due to which it is available at almost all stores.|
What are Boyfriend Jeans?
The boyfriend jeans are basically meant to suit the need of men. The waist of boyfriend jeans is generally short and straight. The length of the legs of boyfriend jeans is generally longer when compared to mom jeans. The boyfriend jeans are not available at all the stores. It has a high price.
The major pros of boyfriend jeans are:-
- The boyfriend jeans are highly comfortable and are also extremely stylish.
- They can be worn with any sort of T-shirt or shirt due to their versatile nature.
- In order to make your outfit unique, you can literally wear any kind of jewelry, belts, and shoes along with the boyfriend jeans.
- They can even be worn during meetings due to their highly versatile nature.
The major cons of boyfriend jeans are:-
- They are generally big and huge in the waist, which creates a bulky and unflattering appearance.
- You will always need a belt to wear a boyfriend jeans as it is very large.
- Boyfriend jeans are not suitable for all body types.
What are Mom Jeans?
Mom jeans are generally designed for women. Mom jeans typically have a small and high waist. Mom jeans became popular during the year 1980 when all the women and families considered them as a fashion statement. Anyone who wore mom jeans at that time was considered to be modern.
The major pros of mom jeans are:-
- Mom jeans are highly comfortable and easy to wear and generally suit the requirements of women and children.
- Mom jeans are highly cheap and are available at almost all the stores.
- An individual does not need to purchase highly expensive brands of mom jeans as a number of options are available at low prices.
- They are suitable for any type of girl, whether they are short, tall, curvy girls.
The major cons of mom jeans are:-
- They are highly uncomfortable for women who have large thighs.
- Mom jeans are very unflattering and not stylish at all.
- Wearing mom jeans too often will eventually lead to wear and tear of the mom jeans.
Mom jeans have comparatively shorter legs when compared to boyfriend jeans. Mom jeans are generally available in dark colours like navy blue and black as they were typically designed for women to look pretty on free days.
Main Differences Between Boyfriend Jeans and Mom Jeans
- Boyfriend jeans are generally designed for males, whereas mom jeans are generally designed for females.
- Since boyfriend jeans are designed for men, so they do not have an elastic waist, whereas mom jeans have a highly elastic waist.
- The boyfriend jeans are high prices whereas mom jeans are available at a comparatively lower price.
- Boyfriend jeans are not available at all the stores across the country, whereas mom jeans are available at almost all stores all across the country.
- The leg length of boyfriend jeans is long. On the other hand, the leg length of mom jeans is shorter when compared to boyfriend jeans.
Nowadays, jeans are available in different styles, forms, and designs in the market. Mom jeans and Boyfriend jeans are two popular types of jeans that are widely used by men and women all around the world. Both the jeans have different features and characteristics and are suitable for different individuals.
Every person must choose the type of jeans as per their convenience and budget. Every individual looks smart and attractive in different kinds of clothing, due to which a person must try out different brands. A person must read about different brands to purchase the right type of jeans.