Listen audio version
Logo design is your primary brand mark. It identifies your businesses, your entity, or your venture with a single kind of touchpoint. It is an identity or a mark acquired by an organization or a firm to identify its products. It is a kind of graphic mark whose aim is to promote the company.
Brand identity is that identity that creates the voice, the personality, and the face of your company. It is what a brand is made up of. It is the personality of one’s business and the assurance to your customers to bring out nice products to them.
Brand Identity vs Logo
The difference between brand identity and logo is that a logo describes a business or a company via a symbol or a graphic mark but in the case of brand identity, it is the visual aspects that completely build up the overall brand.
Comparison Table Between Brand Identity and Logo (in Tabular Form)
|Parameter of Comparison||Brand Identity||Logo|
|Concept||Brand identity is an assembly of many components that an organization creates to give good impression to customers.||A logo is the identity of a brand that represents an organization and makes it recognisable to the customers.|
|Representation||It is the perceptible characteristic that completely builds up the brand universally.||It depicts a business or a firm through a symbolic representation.|
|Faith to customers||It is the personality of one’s business and the assurance to your customers to bring out nice products to them. It helps to achieve audience faith and confidence.||It is an icon or a symbol that customers and individuals remember to get a symbolic visualization of a brand.|
|Cost||The cost for a good brand identity strategy starts from $10,000 and can go as high as $100,000.||The cost for a good and unique logo starts from $100 and can go in thousands.|
|Advantages||It creates a good and strong relationship between the brand and the customer. It helps differentiate core and extended identity.||A good and an impactful logo can create a good and strong first impression on customers minds.|
What is Brand Identity?
A Brand identity is a collection of tools used by an organization or a company to create a brand image. It is the personality of one’s business and the assurance to your customers to bring out nice products to them. It is basically an aim for impactful and strong relationship between the brand and the audiences. This is an added value that a brand gains, aside from its functional benefits.
How one can build up a strong Brand Identity?
- Establish key business goals.
- Examine the company and the market.
- Identify its customers by conducting surveys.
What are the advantages/importance’s of a Brand Identity?
- It helps create a self-expressive benefit that becomes a mode for consumer to express his/her personality.
- A strong and a powerful brand name helps to keep the organization in the mind of the customers for a very long time.
What is Logo?
The purpose of a logo is to promote the company or brand in front of public. A logo is the mark or emblem that is used by a company to identify its product. The pattern of a logo can only be a symbol or a symbol combined within text or text written in a particular fashion. It is actually designed for easy remembrance and recognition of a brand or a company.
What are the most important principles of Logo Design?
There are 5 principles that one should follow to ensure a good impression on the customers.
- The logo should be straight forward and unique.
- It is to create so that the customers should get a memorable image of it.
- The logo should be very relevant to the brand’s topic.
- One should use the minimum number of colours to make an effective and readable logo.
- The design should be scalable and adaptable.
Main Differences Between Brand Identity and Logo
- The major difference between a brand identity and a logo is that a logo narrates a business or an organization through a symbol or a graphic mark but in case of brand identity, it is the optical characteristic through which the company builds up the overall brand.
- It helps to gain audience faith and get their belief and trust towards the brand or the company whereas Logo is an icon or a symbol that customers and individuals remember and can easily recognize to get a symbolic visualization of a brand.
- It creates an impactful and strong relationship between the brand and the customer for a very long term whereas a unique and an informative Logo can create an excellent and a healthy first impression on customer’s minds and helps them for easy recognition and remembrance of the brand.
- Brand Identity mainly works through strategies, whereas logo designing works through many different components including setting of design and colours for logo, text to be written for a logo, and etc.
- Logo design is important component of Brand identity whereas Brand identity has no work to do with Logo design. Logo designing is an independent body in itself but without a good brand identity, there is no meaning of a logo
Brand identity is a combination of so many aspects that represents a firm or an organization while the logo is just a symbol or a design adopted by an organization or a firm to identify its products.
The major difference between a brand identity and a logo is that a logo depicts a firm or an organization through a symbol but in case of brand identity, it is the ocular outlooks that completely build up the brand. The combination of both brand identity and logo making can help a company or an organization to reach the customers effectively and faithfully.
Table of Contents