Several companies across the world make different types of drinks. These include soft, cold, hard, and sparkling water. Sparkling water is very common among the German people. It is a drink that is infused with carbon dioxide. It is infused under pressure, which results in a bubbly drink. Among the sparkling water, the most famous and preferred are the Bubly and Lacroix.
Both of them are very similar. Lacroix is very old, whereas Bubly is new. Both these sparkling water have several flavours resulting in different tastes and fragrances.
- Bubly is owned by PepsiCo, while National Beverage Corporation owns LaCroix.
- LaCroix offers more flavors than Bubly, but Bubly has a slightly higher carbonation level.
- Bubly uses natural flavors, while LaCroix uses natural essential oils.
Bubly vs LaCroix
The difference between Bubly and Lacroix is that Lacroix is an old drink that was invented earlier, and Bubly is newly introduced. They are also different in terms of flavours and fragrances available. They have different costs and come in different tastes. Lacroix mostly has the upper hand in everything as it is well-known among everyone.
Bubly is carbonated water introduced in 2018 with several flavours and a strong fruity fragrance. And if a person likes the strong candy scent, this is the perfect drink for him. It is not widely popular as it was recently introduced but has gained popularity due to its fragrance.
Lacroix is sparkling water introduced in 1981 and comes in more than four flavours with a very mild fragrance. People who prefer taste over aroma tend to like the Lacroix more than any carbonated water. It is well established, as introduced a long time ago.
|Parameters of Comparison||Bubly||LaCroix|
|Components||Calories nutrition free, with no added sugar, preservatives, and additives.||Carbonated water, gluten-free, kosher, vegetarian|
|Taste||Mild taste||Strong and natural taste|
|Flavours||Has fewer flavors||Have more flavors|
|Fragrance||Strong fragrance||Mild fragrance|
What is Bubly?
It is carbonated water with zero added sugar and preservatives. It is named as natural, but it is still unclear what ingredients are added to make it in a particular flavour. A new range of caffeine is also introduced, which has 35g of caffeine per serving.
It comes in varieties of 15 flavours, which include Lime, Grapefruit, Lemon, Blackberry, Strawberry, Mango, etc. Most of them are single-flavoured (of one fruit), but a few are a combination of two or three fruits. Bubly is more dominant in fragrance rather than flavour. Some of the flavours are very bland.
While most of the flavours taste excellent, some fail to match the expectation level. The most famous and preferred flavour is orange. It tastes very natural and has a tangy taste.
Having Bubly does not cause any harm to the body, but it can lead to certain minor diseases, such as tooth decay, if the consumption is increased.
Bubly has its place in the market; there are many other options also. But it would be a great choice for a person who likes the candy fragrance and the mild yet refreshing taste in a drink. It is also preferred more than soda.
What is LaCroix?
It is sparkling water with carbonated water and natural flavours. Along with that, it is also gluten-free, kosher, and vegetarian. The packaging of it is very simple with vibrant colors, which attract the customer.
The flavour is written clearly on the can. It comes in more than 50 flavours which include Lemon, Lime Cran-Raspberry (Razz-Cranberry), Orange, Berry Pamplemousse (Grapefruit), Apricot, Mango, Passionfruit, etc. and is on top when it comes to taste. It tastes so good and natural. It tastes exactly like the fruit and is very refreshing. The famous flavour which tastes the best includes lime and tangerine.
Apart from the taste, it has a nice and mild fruity fragrance. It does not have a candy-like fragrance like Bubly, but still, the fragrance is not bad at all. It was introduced before Bubly; therefore, it is always ahead of the customer’s preference.
There was a case filed against this drink that this is not an all-natural drink as it claims but uses synthetic ingredients, but nothing was proved. Therefore it is believed that this drink’s flavours are purely natural.
This drink is preferred by anyone more into taste rather than the smell of it.
Main Differences Between Bubly and LaCroix
- The Lacroix was invented in 1981 and now comes in a variety of flavours available across the world, while Bubly was introduced in 2018 recently and is not very famous among everyone.
- Bubly and Lacroix have similar ingredients, except that in Lacroix, it is mentioned that it is Carbonated water, gluten-free, kosher, and vegetarian, whereas there is no such information mentioned on the Bubly packet.
- The taste of Bubly is mild and not very natural as compared to the Lacroix, which has a very strong and natural flavour; most people find it very refreshing as its flavours are very natural.
- In flavours also, Lacroix is ahead as it was introduced earlier; therefore, there are several flavours of it in the market, whereas Bubly does not have many flavours in comparison.
- When it comes to fragrance, Bubly wins the race. Bubly is a very strong and appealing fragrance that attracts most consumers, whereas there is no or very little fragrance in Lacroix.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.