Several people belong to a specific territory. Thus they retain the name of the country they originally belong to. Chinese differs from Japanese people in the difference of their facial structure, eye angle, complexion, handwriting, chopsticks, religion, make-up, and text vowels and many more.
Chinese vs Japanese
The difference between Chinese and Japanese lies in the place they belong to, the difference in their face structure, angle of eyes, complexion they possess, their writings, their chopsticks, the religion they follow, their makeup and the vowels in the text. The pale complexion of Chinese people is well-known. However, the complexion of Japanese people is white red.
People who are Chinese are those who were born in China, have Chinese citizenship, or were born in China. People in China wear either very simple or neutral make-up. The majority of Chinese people practise Buddhism. This religion is based entirely on Gautam Buddha’s teachings, preaching, and words, which recommends frequent meditation practice. The Chinese texts date from the second millennium BC.
According to popular belief, Japanese people are those who were born in Japan, have Japanese citizenship, and are citizens of Japan. Red lipstick and smokey make-up are common in Japanese culture. Shintoism is the primary religion and belief of the Japanese people. This religion is associated with “animism” and focuses on the superiority of nature.
Comparison Table Between Chinese and Japanese
|Parameters of Comparison||Chinese||Japanese|
|Basic understanding||People belonging to China.||People belonging to Japan.|
|Complexion of People||Pale complexion.||Whitish red complexion.|
|Angle of eyes||Pointed downwards.||Pointed upwards.|
|Make-Up||Take up very basic/neutral make-up.||Red lipstick and have smoky make-up.|
|Religion they follow||Buddhism.||Shintoism.|
|Writings Origin||2nd millennium BC.||8th century CE.|
|Vowels in Texts||10||5|
|Chopsticks||Longer in length and thicker in width.||Shorter than the Chinese chopsticks.|
|Structure of Face||Long and wide.||Round-shaped|
What is Chinese?
In layman’s terms, persons who were born in China, have Chinese citizenship, or were born in China are referred to be Chinese. Chinese people are noted for having a light skin tone. In the case of Chinese people, their eyes are angled downwards. Chinese women wear either very simple or neutral make-up.
The predominant religion of the Chinese people is Buddhism. This religion is solely based on Gautam Buddha’s teachings, preaching, and words, which recommends regular meditation practice. Chinese texts can be traced back to the second millennium BC. The Chinese alphabet has ten vowels.
The Chinese chopsticks are longer and wider than those used in other countries. Chopsticks are made in China from either wood or bamboo. The Chinese have a face that is long and wide in shape. Chinese people make up the world’s largest population.
What is Japanese?
The term “Japanese” refers to people who were born in Japan or who have Japanese citizenship and are citizens of the country. On the face, Japanese people have a white, red colour. The Japanese people’s eyes have an upwards pointing slant. Red lipstick and smokey make-up are common among Japanese women.
Shintoism is the main belief and religion of the Japanese people. This religion is tied to “animism” and emphasises the superiority of nature. The origins of Japanese writing can be traced back to the eighth century CE. The number of vowels contained in Japanese literature is five.
The chopsticks used by the Japanese are shorter than those used by the Chinese. Only wood is used in the production of Japanese chopsticks. The face of a Japanese person is usually round. Japanese people are part of an ageing population and are far fewer in number than Chinese people.
Main Differences Between Chinese and Japanese
- In laymen terms, the people who originally belong to China, possess the citizenship of China or who are born in China are referred to as Chinese. On the other hand, as per the layman understanding, those people who are born in Japan or possess the citizenship of Japan and belong to the country of Japan are referred to as Japanese.
- Chinese individuals are known to have a pale complexion. On the other hand, Japanese individuals possess a whitish red complexion on the face.
- In the case of Chinese people, the angle of the eyes is pointed downwards. On the other hand, the angle of the eyes of the Japanese people is pointed upwards.
- Chinese people either take up very basic make-up or a neutral one. On the other hand, Japanese people are usually on red lipstick and have smoky make-up.
- Chinese people follow Buddhism as their main religion. This religion is purely based on the teaching, preaching and words of Gautam Buddha, which suggests practising meditation regularly. On the other hand, Japanese people follow Shintoism as their main belief and religion. This religion mainly emphasises the superiority of nature and is linked to “animism”.
- The origin of Chinese writings can be traced back to the 2nd millennium BC. On the other hand, the origin of Japanese writings can be traced back to the 8th century CE.
- The number of vowels constituted in the writings of the Chinese is ten in number. On the other hand, the number of vowels present in the writings of the Japanese is five in number.
- The chopsticks used by the Chinese are longer in length and thicker in width. On the other hand, the chopsticks used by the Japanese are shorter in length than the Chinese chopsticks.
- Chinese manufacture their chopsticks either out of wood or bamboo. On the other hand, the Japanese Chopsticks are manufactured only from wood.
- The shape of the face possessed by the Chinese is long and wide. On the other hand, the Japanese usually possess a round-shaped face.
- Chinese accounts for the largest population in the globe. On the other hand, the Japanese are a part of an ageing population, and they are much lesser in number when compared to the Chinese.
In Chinese handwriting, there are ten different vowels. Chinese chopsticks are longer and wider than those used in other countries. Wood or bamboo are used to make Chinese chopsticks. Chinese people have a long and wide face form. Chinese people make up the majority of the world’s population. The angle of the eyes is inclined downwards in Chinese people.
The Japanese have an upward-pointing eye angle. The Japanese texts date from the 8th century CE. The Japanese have five vowels in their writings. The Japanese chopsticks are shorter than those used by the Chinese. Wood is the only material used to make Japanese chopsticks. The face of the Japanese is typically round. When compared to the Chinese, the Japanese are a member of an ageing population.