Bible is one of the holiest books in the history of the Christian religion. Not only it discusses the divine supremacy of Jesus Christ, but it also gives some insights into the history of this Globe.
But, few people know the difference between Christian Bible and Jehovah’s Witness Bible.
- The Jehovah Witness Bible, or the New World Translation, differs from the Christian Bible’s interpretation of certain words and phrases.
- Unlike the Christian Bible, the Jehovah’s Witness Bible removes verses about the Trinity and alters some passages to fit its teachings.
- The Christian Bible is widely accepted among various Christian denominations, while members of the Jehovah’s Witnesses only use the Jehovah’s Witness Bible.
Christian Bible vs Jehovah’s Witness Bible
Christian Bible is a holy book that includes the history of humanity, orthodox scriptures and ideas of the Roman Catholic church, which consists of 66 books. Jehovah Witness Bible is a type of bible that is based on the New World Technology and its writings, consisting of Greek and Hebrew Scriptures.
The Christian Bible, or the Bible, comprises texts and inscriptions related to Christianity and its origin. From the very start, the traditional Bible was written by hand.
It explains the supremacy of God, starting from its existence to divinity. The Christian Bible holds the old as well as new testaments.
The New World Translation inspires Jehovah’s Witness Bible. According to Jehovah, all 66 books in the Bible consist of analogy, and people shouldn’t take everything in it literally.
It is written in the words of the Jehovah’s witnesses, who were presumed to be another form of God.
|Parameters of Comparison||Christian Bible||Jehovah Witness Bible|
|Ideology of followers||Believers of the Christian Bible worship Jesus as their God as divine supremacy.||Jehovah’s Witnesses consider Jesus a saviour and son of their God, Jehovah. According to them, it was Jehovah who created this world with the help of their son.|
|Based on||Initially, it was recorded in songs and stories, later converted into writing on papyrus manuscripts.||It is totally based on New World Technology (NWT) and its writings.|
|Testaments||They refer to the Bible as a blend of the “Old” and “New” Testaments.||Instead of New Testaments, they use the word Christian Greek Scriptures, and in place of Old Testaments, they use Hebrew Scriptures.|
|Definition of God||They worship Jesus Christ and their messiah and God.||According to the Witnesses, Jesus is inferior to God. There is only one God, and that is Jehovah.|
|The Holy Spirit||There is nothing like a holy spirit mentioned in their ideologies.||Witnesses believe that the life force of Jehovah is the only holy spirit in this world.|
What is Christian Bible?
Christian Bible explains the orthodox scriptures and ideas of the Roman Catholic version. It combines old and new testaments from the 2nd to the 17th generation.
Since it is a collection of books, it discusses everything, ranging from Earth’s origin to God’s meaning. The initials of the Christian Bible started as melodies and were verbally conveyed to further generations.
The Christian Bible drives back to the time of Jews scriptures during 200 BCE. After a few generations, the stories and songs were framed down on papyrus manuscripts.
Considered to be a source of spiritual motivation by the devotees, it also comprises hymns, prayers, proverbs, parables, didactic letters, poetry, etc.
The Christian Bible has often done a lot to frame and shape the literature and history.
This set of books from the Christian Bible is regarded as divinely inspirited scriptures by a Christian creed. There are different versions of the Christian Bible in New Testaments viz.
Douay -Rheims Bible, the Revised Version, the American Standard Version, New King James Version, and many others.
What is Jehovah’s Witness Bible?
Jehovah is believed to be God’s other name by believers. It is said that this name has appeared more than 7,000 times in the Old Testament.
Jehovah is considered the father of Jesus, who was later helped by his son to create a world of biodiversity over a long duration.
According to this Bible, Jesus Christ, the Earth’s saviour, now sits on his father’s right hand in heaven. When it comes to Satan and the existence of demons, witnesses think that once Satan himself was an angel.
Overshadowed by the darkness, Satan rebelled against Jehovah with support from other angels, now considered demons.
According to the Witnesses, the world will soon become a global garden of Eden. From the perspective of Witnesses, life is a sacred gift from their God, Jehovah.
He is presumed to restore the world to a place that will lie in peace and fraternity. Witnesses also believe that as soon as a living body dies, its soul is sent to God’s memory.
They also assume that if a person dies under ordinary circumstances, he/she gets reincarnated to eternal life in paradise.
Main Differences Between Christian Bible and Jehovah’s Witness Bible
- The first and foremost difference between the Christian Bible and Jehovah’s Witness Bible lies in the ideologies of their Witnesses and Believers. The former regards Jesus as God. While the latter considers Jesus the son or the messenger of God.
- Christian Bible is written considering the old and new Testaments, whereas the Jehovah’s Witness Bible is based on New World Technologies (NWT).
- The Christian Bible believers think Jesus is the only messenger of God, but the witnesses of the latter one worship Jehovah as their God.
- As per the Witnesses, Jesus is believed to be the son of their God, Jehovah. In the Christian Bible case, they believe in the supreme power of Jesus as their God.
- Jehovah’s Witnesses consider Jesus as a saviour but not a God. At the same time, the believers of the Christian Bible think the opposite regarding their God.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.