Cloud service is any service that can be availed by users by demanding through the internet. It would provide cloud computing services that would take care of database management and storage of this database. They are designed for ease in access to different applications and files.
Cloudways and AWS are two different services that one can avail for their cloud storage systems. They have different functionalities and it is important to know the difference. The knowledge of their difference would help one to know the usage of the two.
Cloudways vs AWS
The difference between Cloudways and AWS is that Cloudways is only a hosting provider whereas AWS, or Amazon Website Services, is a cloud computing service availed by developers and others. Since they are two different features, they also have contrasting functions.
Cloudways are a hosting provider that is used by PHP developers for deploying various applications with these systems support. They are supported by various CMS like WordPress, Drupal and Moodle. They have various services and functions that would help users.
AWS, that is short for Amazon Website Serves, is a cloud computing service that is formed as a subsidiary of Amazon.com. They are used by developers, website designers, and companies with client-side applications. The services and features provided are useful for consumers.
Comparison Table Between Cloudways and AWS
|Parameters of Comparison||Cloudways||AWS|
|Meaning||It is a hosting provider for developers.||It is a subsidiary of Amazon and a cloud computing service.|
|Services||They give cloud-based virtual service that depends on the providers and disk space that is chosen.||They provide various services that include infrastructure and building blocks tools.|
|Functions||It manages all cloud services from a single console as well as give access to PHP developers.||They perform basic functions like computing, storage and database management.|
|Availability||It is available for all countries and regions with the same benefits and features.||They are also available in various countries and regions but have region-specific data storage and features.|
|Back-ups||Cloudways are backed up daily. It is done on Cloudways itself and does not require an external source.||Aws is also backed up but they have a different management service called AWS backup service for backing up the required information.|
What is Cloudways?
Cloudways is a one-click managed Cloud Hosting service that can be availed across any region and country. The services provided by the Cloudways are only dependent on the provider and disk space that is chosen by the consumer.
They provide full hosting services and allows one to even deploy new applications through the services support. One of their main services includes hosting providers for the required providers.
They also provide a good balance between affordability and functionality when it comes to cloud-based management of CMS. They optimize the speed, performance and security of the CMS being used under their support.
The company was found in January 2011 in Malta and their headquarters is still located in Malta. They offer various and rich features for the PHP developers for the development of their new applications.
What is AWS?
AWS is Amazon Service Website. It is a cloud computing system that was based on-demands through the Amazon.com. It also provides API to individuals and companies.
They provide all the basic services of any computing system like storage and database management. Other than individuals and companies, their computing services can also be availed by the government
One of the main services that are availed through AWS is the EC2 or Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud. This allows users to have the consumers to have a set of virtual computers available to them at all times.
They have their service backup called AWS backup service that backs up all the functions performed on the website by the consumer. It was launched on March 2006 under Amazon.
Main Difference Between Cloudways and AWS
- Cloudways is a hosting provider for developers where they develop and deploy different applications. On the other hand, AWS or Amazon Web Services is a subsidiary of Amazon for cloud computing services that store, manage and guide the data from the internet.
- The services included by both are very different from one another. Cloudways provides a cloud-based virtual service. But this service is dependent on the providers or the disk space that is chosen by the consumer. Whereas, the services provided by AWS include technical infrastructure and building blocks tools.
- Since they are two different cloud services, they have different functions as well. The functions of Cloudways are managing the cloud services of all types and devices through one single console. Their functions also include allowing PHP developers for deploying applications with this system’s support. AWS have basic functions of a cloud computing service like computing, storage and database management.
- The availability is also an important factor for availing the two services. While Cloudways is available in all the regions and countries, the same cannot be said for AWS. The services and functions of Cloudways do not depend on availability in a country or a region as it is available everywhere with the same features. But the features of AWS are region-specific. Certain features are only for specific regions or countries and cannot be accessed by the rest.
- Cloudways are a backup source in itself. So the files or contents saved in Cloudways are backed up on daily basis without external source or help. But this is not true for AWS. They have a separate service for maintaining backup functions called AWS back-up services. The main aim of this service is backing up of functions performed through AWS.
Cloudways and AWS are different cloud-based systems that avail of different services for different purposes. Cloudways are generally used by the PHP developers for their applications to have the necessary support. Whereas AWS is not only used by developers, but also by client-side applications, individuals and other companies.