Both Coconut Milk and Coconut Water are extracts of the coconut tree and are of great nourishing properties. Both coconut milk and coconut water are different in their own ways of health benefits, color, and texture.
- Coconut water comes from young, green coconuts, while coconut milk originates from grated, mature coconut flesh.
- Coconut water has a light, refreshing taste, whereas coconut milk has a rich, creamy flavor.
- Coconut milk contains more calories and fat than coconut water, making it ideal for cooking and baking.
Coconut Milk vs Coconut Water
Coconut water is a clear, fat-free liquid. Unlike coconut water, coconut milk is a processed by-product and is not derived naturally. Coconut water comes naturally within the fruit, while coconut milk is made by grating the flesh of mature, brown coconuts and simmering it in hot water.
When it comes to Coconut milk, it is very luscious to taste, and it’s much like milk. It is processed from the white flesh of the brown coconuts manually. This coconut milk possesses a comparatively high fat and oil percentage. Coconut milk can be further made into Coconut cream.
Coconut water is a different kind of drink compared to coconut milk. We find Coconut water sold by many vendors on the street side. Coconut water is generally a refreshing beverage. Many people believe that it is a good aid for Diarrhea. Coconut water is agitated to obtain coconut vinegar.
|Parameters of Comparison||Coconut Milk||Coconut Water|
|Texture||Coconut is white color milk-like opaque liquid.||Coconut water is more like a translucent liquid.|
|Taste||It is luscious in taste.||It is sugary in taste.|
|Fats and energy contents||Coconut milk contains high content of both fat and energy.||Coconut water has comparatively low fat and energy.|
|Naturality||It is processed manually from the white color flesh of the matured brown coconuts.||It is produced naturally within the coconut.|
|By-products||Coconut skims milk, Coconut milk powder, Coconut cream, Soy milk enrichments, etc. are some of the products we obtain from coconut milk.||Coconut vinegar can be produced by agitating/fermenting coconut water.|
|Uses||It is said that it can be used in horticulture.||It is used in harvesting.|
|Chemical Present||Lauric acid is present in the fatty content of coconut milk.||Potassium is present abundantly in coconut water.|
|Health benefits||Weight loss, rich in antioxidants, betterment of immunity, promising improvement of the quality of skin and hair is some of the health benefits.||Coconut water is rich in nutrients, reduces excessive body heat, and also aids in curing kidney stones. Also, many people believe that coconut water is a suggestable treatment for diarrhea.|
|Health risks||Excessive consumption of coconut milk leads to an increase in blood cholesterol.||Excessive consumption of coconut water leads to acute kidney failure, loss of consciousness, and heart arrhythmia, and sometimes leads to death.|
What is Coconut Milk?
Coconut milk is a white color milky liquid that is processed from the white flesh of the matured coconut. It is a beverage that is high in fat and calories.
Coconut milk has almost 65-70% water content, 20-25% fat content, 5-8% carbohydrates, and 2-3% of proteins. Its fatty content consists mostly of lauric acid. Apart from these substances, coconut also beholds manganese, magnesium, phosphorous, and iron.
Coconut milk is classified as coconut cream, coconut milk and coconut skim milk founding on its viscosity. Apart from these, coconut powder is also made from coconut milk. Cheese and custard production and soy milk enrichments kind of processes use coconut milk.
Coconut milk aids in the loss of weight and increases immunity, and improves the health of skin and hair. On the other side, excessive consumption leads to the growth of the cholesterol chart of one’s personal health.
Coconut milk is used in horticulture, too, as it is studied that it speeds up the growth of the seeds.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Thai Kitchen Organic Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 13.66 fl oz (Pack of 12)||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Simply Asia Unsweetened Coconut Milk, 13.66 fl oz - One 13.66 Ounce Can of Unsweetened Coconut Milk,...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Coconut Water?
Coconut water is a sweet-tasting translucent kind of liquid that is used as a raw beverage by most of the population. Coconut water is evidently sold on the street side by vendors for the people as a refreshing drink.
Coconut water is augmented to form coconut vinegar as a by-product. Coconut water is a very much famous kind of drink, especially in South Indian parts.
Coconut water has 90-95% of water content, 4% of carbohydrates, and lesser than 1% of fatty content.
Coconut water is a very good suggestion to reduce excessive body heat. It is rich in nutrients and helps in the cure of kidney stones. Yet researchers say that limitless consumption of coconut water is a risk.
It may lead to acute kidney failure, loss of consciousness, and also heart arrhythmia, and at times leads to death.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Vita Coco Coconut Water, Pure Organic | Refreshing Coconut Taste | Natural Electrolytes | Vital...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Vita Coco Organic Coconut Water, Pressed, More "Coconutty" Flavor, Natural Electrolytes, Vital...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Coconut Milk and Coconut Water
- Coconut milk is a beverage that is milky white and opaque, but coconut water is transparent juice.
- Coconut milk is manually processed from the white edible part of the matured coconuts, but coconut water is naturally obtained.
- The by-products obtained from coconut milk are coconut powder, coconut cream and coconut skim milk. The by-product obtained from the coconut water is coconut vinegar fermenting the water.
- Coconut milk has a large number of fats and calories, but coconut water has a comparatively low amount of them.
- Lauric acid is present in abundance in coconut milk, but in coconut water, potassium is present in abundance.
- Coconut milk is used in horticulture as they say that it promotes the growth of seeds, and coconut water is used in harvesting.
- Coconut milk helps to improve the quality of skin and hair and also improves metabolism. Coconut water aids in reducing body heat and treats diarrhoea.
- Excessive consumption of coconut milk leads to an increase in cholesterol. Limitless intake of coconut water leads to acute kidney failure, loss of consciousness, and heart arrhythmia, and sometimes leads to death.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.