Email marketing is cost-effective and a good marketing strategy for a small business to grow. The United States, on average, sees a 4300 per cent return on investment(RTO) for businesses.
Email marketing is easy to manage, allows you to make direct contact with your clients, and gives you full control.
It is important to understand that a big part of your success depends on email marketing. Choosing a good email marketing software is the most important task.
- Constant Contact offers an easier-to-use interface with a simple email editor, while Mailchimp offers a more complex interface with advanced marketing tools.
- Constant Contact offers more live customer support options, including phone and chat support, while Mailchimp offers support mainly through email and online resources.
- Constant Contact’s pricing is based on the number of contacts. In contrast, Mailchimp’s pricing is based on the number of subscribers, which may result in a more affordable option for smaller businesses.
Constant Contact vs MailChimp
Constant Contact charges based on the number of contacts in your email list and have a more traditional and straightforward interface. Mailchimp’s pricing is based on the number of subscribers and emails sent per month, and the interface is more modern, intuitive and user-friendly.
|Parameter of Comparison||Constant Contact||MailChimp|
|Email Marketing Features||Constant Contact has a fantastic set of features like autoresponders, adding surveys, and coupons.||MailChimp has powerful features like campaigns triggered by segment and email sequences. However, it does not offer a proper workflow view.|
|Design and Flexibility||Constant Contact provides a decent set of stylish and necessary templates. There are 100 templates available.||MailChimp also provides 80 templates which is lesser than Constant Contact. However, these templates are quite impressive.|
|Price||Constant Contact offers a free trial of 30 days, after which you get unlimited emails by just providing your credit card information.||MailChimp has even better plans than Constant Contact. The plans are very flexible for different customers according to their needs.|
|User Interface||Constant Contact has a pretty impressive and user-friendly interface but gives a little less satisfaction than MailChimp.||MailChimp has a very elegant and simple designed interface. Even if you visit MailChimp for the first time, you won’t feel like that.|
|Deliverability||Constant Contact email deliverability is around 97 per cent, which is very effective.||MailChimp has a deliverability of around 96 per cent, which is good but slightly lesser than Constant Contact.|
|Customer Support||Constant Contact offers phone and chat support during business hours. However, these are not quite active.||MailChimp has 24/7 email customer support and chat help only for business hours. The support team is much more active and responsive than Constant Contact.|
What is Constant Contact?
Constant Contact is one of the world’s most widely used marketing services. It is the fastest-growing email marketing software and is a highly beginner-friendly service provider. Customers can easily contact our email templates and marketing calendars and manage the email lists.
It has amazing customer support with live chats, email community support, and a vast library of highly helpful resources. Aside from online training, Constant Contact also provides in-person live seminars.
Through this, small business owners quickly learn the fundamentals of email marketing, which results in the growth of their businesses with advanced strategies.
What is MailChimp?
MailChimp is a premium email marketing service. It provides performance reports, offers easy-to-use templates, social sharing, mobile apps, surveys, and a lot more. MailChimp is quite popular due to its clean, intuitive, and affordable services.
It is highly compatible with different software and has 2-way compatibility with Google Forms, Sheets databases, and Salesforce.
Recently, MailChimp has started offering advanced features. However, these are not truly advanced, as reported by many customers. Customer support is restricted to emails and chats only. However, support is highly active and responsive.
Main Differences Between Constant Contact and MailChimp
- Constant Contact, as well as MailChimp, has a powerful set of features like surveys, coupons, and campaigns. However, MailChimp does not offer a proper workflow view.
- Constant Contact offers a decent set of necessary templates, which are a hundred in number. On the other hand, MailChimp offers eighty templates which are a little less than constant contact.
- Constant Contact provides a 30-day free trial, after which you can get unlimited emails by offering your credit card information. Mailchimp has even more amazing plans than Constant Contact. The provided plans are extremely flexible according to different customers.
- The deliverability that is found in Constant Contact is around 97% which is very effective. On the other hand, MailChimp has a deliverability of around 96%. Both have impressive deliverability; however, MailChimp lags a little here.
- Constant Contact provides phone and chat support only applicable for business hours, whereas MailChimp has 24/7 email customer support and chat help. It was found that MailChimp is a lot more active and responsive as compared to Constant Contact, with a late reply.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.