Everyone is aware of the term Banking. But What is Banking, have you ever wondered? Well, Banking can be considered a driver which drives the economy financially. For any economy in the world, Banking is essential. Banking consists of cash, credit, and all financial transactions.
Maintaining a balance between families, companies, states, and nations is vital.
- Corporate banking serves large businesses, providing financial solutions like loans, cash management, and trade finance. In contrast, private banking caters to high-net-worth individuals, offering personalized wealth management and investment services.
- Private banking provides a more personalized and relationship-focused approach, assigning dedicated relationship managers to clients. In contrast, corporate banking focuses on the financial needs of businesses, with less emphasis on individual relationships.
- Corporate banking deals with higher transaction volumes and larger loan amounts than private banking. It targets organizations with complex financial needs, while private banking works with individual clients to help them achieve their financial goals.
Corporate Banking vs Private Banking
Corporate banking is a type of banking that serves businesses, whereas private banking caters to high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs). Corporate banking offers loans, trade finance, and cash management, while private banking provides wealth management, investment advice, and other personalized financial services. Corporate banking often involves large transactions and focuses on helping businesses grow, while private banking focuses on preserving and developing the wealth of individuals.
Corporate Banking is a subsidiary of business banking. It is meant for the corporate world. It is the smaller version of the business world. It provides many services like credit facilities, treasury services, Fixed asset requirement financing services, Commercial Services, Employer services, etc.
It is a specialized form of a commercial bank.
Private Banking was meant for individuals with tremendous wealth to manage their finances. It was ‘private,’ very different from retail and saving banks. Private Banking can be considered to be the pioneer of how banking originated.
It provides financial services, investment, payments, brokerage, and asset management to the customer on a personal level than on a considerable level.
|Parameter of Comparison||Corporate Banking||Private Banking|
|Definition||Corporate Banking is meant for companies and organizations etc.||Private Banking is for individuals who have a high net worth income.|
|Established||It was established in America after the second world war in the 1950s.||It was established in Switzerland and UK in the year 1685.|
|Largest Bank||The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is the largest corporate bank in the world.||UBS Global Wealth Management is the largest private bank in the world.|
|Limit||In Corporate Banking limit set to withdraw money is set by the particular company.||The limit set here to withdraw money is less than almost 20 lacks per day.|
|Roles & Functions||It provides credit & loan management, asset, cash management, capital formation, and other financial services.||It provides banking, investment, tax management, perks, privacy, and high investment returns.|
What is Corporate Banking?
Corporate Banking is a distinguished arm of Commercial banks. Now Corporate Banking has been quite popular in recent times. It deals explicitly with businesses and companies. The work of Corporate Banking is to find solutions for industries ranging from large to small.
From small grocery or Kirana stores to large industries, all the things or help are provided by Corporate Banking.
Corporate Banking was created to distinguish it from Investment Banking. It has become so important because of the profit it gives to the banks. For Commercial banks, corporate banks are the highest source of income. For some, it is the key source of earning money.
It is because corporate banking involves organizations or companies with ample working capital.
Loans taken from Corporate Banks are more significant, giving a higher interest rate than regular loans. Corporate Banking, the term originated in the year 1933 in the United States of America. Corporate Banking is quite similar to Retail Banking.
But the significant difference between the two is the amount of money and profit involved in the former.
Today in the modern world, Corporate Banking has become one of the most significant contributors to the development and growth of a company.
With the fusion of technology, the banking industry has become more productive and has the means to fulfil the customer’s needs and expectations.
What is Private Banking?
Private Banking offers personalized financial services to HNWI clients ( High-Net-Worth Individuals) of retail banks. It provides the most common financial services like savings and checking accounts.
Private Banking will give you a personalized experience. A Relationship Manager handles all the accounts of HNWI clients. A Relationship Manager plays a very crucial role.
A manager or Private Banker handles everything for a client, from arranging a house mortgage to paying bills. Private Banking has many advantages, like various perks, privileges, etc. One of the primary benefits is Privacy.
All the dealings and services provided to the HNWI clients are confidential. The bank offers all clients’ preferences and discounts depending on their needs.
Due to technological advancements, Private Banking is now provided on the Internet and mobile phones, and they also search for new markets according to clients’ value propositions. There were 10 largest private banks in the world in 2019.
Main Differences Between Corporate Banking and Private Banking
- Corporate Banking is meant for companies and organizations etc. It deals specifically with businesses. Private Banking is for individuals with a high net income and gives a personalized experience.
- Corporate Banking was established in America after the second world war in the 1950s. Corporate Banking was established in Switzerland and UK in the year 1685.
- The Industrial and Commercial Bank of China is the largest Corporate Bank in the world.UBS Global Wealth Management is the largest Private Bank in the world.
- In Corporate Banking limit set to withdraw money is set according to the client. The limit set in Private Banking to withdraw cash is less than almost 20 lacks per day.
- Corporate Banking provides credit & loan management, asset and cash management, capital formation, and other financial services. Private Banking provides savings, investment, tax management, perks, privacy, and high investment returns.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.