There are many times when even the most developed countries have also faced difficulties and problems in their nation. And some of them include the great depression, world wars, low or poor economy, unemployment, and many more others. All these problems are the real obstacles in the path of the development of a nation.
- FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt) served as the 32nd U.S. President during the Great Depression and World War II, while Obama (Barack Obama) was the 44th U.S. president from 2009 to 2017.
- FDR implemented the New Deal programs to address economic recovery, while Obama implemented the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to reform healthcare.
- FDR focused on strengthening the federal government’s role in the economy, while Obama aimed to reduce inequality and increase access to healthcare.
FDR vs Obama
FDR (Franklin D. Roosevelt) served as the 32nd President of the United States from 1933 until his death in 1945, known for leading the country through the Great Depression and World War II. Obama (Barack Obama) served as the 44th President of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
FDR, or Franklin D. Roosevelt, was a leader who faced many difficulties or obstacles during his reign. The common people were quite impressed by his work, which led him to win the presidential elections four times. During his time, the unemployment rate percentage was said to be about 25 % which was not reduced. He does make sure that it shouldn’t be increased.
Obama was the upper house member of the assembly from the Illinois region. Even before winning the election for the post of President, he was nominated for the Noble Peace Prize. He worked to improve humanity and was always a supporter of environmentalists. The term of his work lasted for eight years consecutively.
|Parameters of Comparison||FDR||Obama|
|Full Name||Franklin Delano Roosevelt||Barack Hussain Obama II|
|Presidency Started In||1933||2009|
|Number of terms||Four times||Two times|
|Unemployment Percentage||25 %||7.5 %|
|Economic Plan||New Plan||Stimulus Plan|
|Nation Address||Through radio||Through Internet|
What is FDR?
FDR or Franklin Delano Roosevelt, the 32nd President of America. On 30 January 1882, he was born in New York. During his early life, he received his education privately and then went to Harvard, where he was influenced by his wife’s charitable work towards poor families in New York.
Firstly in his political life, he won a senate seat from Albany as a member of the Democratic. He then became a part of Woodrow Wilson and learned more about politics. As a politician, he was always progressive and honest with his promises.
Even when he was elected as the President, the people were so impressed by his term of work that he was the only President to be elected four times in office. He went through the two most tough situations in the country was the Great Depression and the Second World War. His way of communicating with his nation was through radio transmissions.
What is Obama?
Obama was a person belonging to a poor, backward family from Africa. He was also one of the first African presidents of the United States of America. He was at number 44th on the list of presidents and belonged to Democratic Party. He was an active politician and author at his time.
The term of Obama lasted twice that is, the people of the country elected him as their President two consecutive times. The term if Obama started in the year 2009 and lasted until 2017. Before becoming President, he served the upper house of the Illinois region.
He was a very humble and forward thinker person. The achievements he received were due to his work for the people’s security and humanity. Even he was a Noble Peace Prize Nominee just before he took oath for his Presidentship. He always worked for children’s education and campaigned about his work through the Internet.
During that time, he faced a great economic surge in the nation which led to the collapse of money flow in the market. But still, he managed to overcome it, and at that very time, the unemployment percentage rate became 7.5%. The economic plan he introduced was known as the Stimulus Plan.
Main Differences Between FDR and Obama
- The full name of FDR is Franklin Delano Roosevelt, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the full name of Obama is Barack Hussain Obama II.
- The presidential rule of FDR started back 88 years before, that is, in 1933, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the presidential rule of Obama started in the last decade, 2009.
- Roosevelt is said to be the only president of the United States of America to be elected four times, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, Obama was elected in the assembly for consecutively two years.
- At the time of the presidency of Roosevelt, the percentage of people in the nation who were unemployed was about 25 %, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, when Obama was the president of America, the percentage rate of unemployed people in the nation was reduced to 7.5 %.
- The economic plan that was introduced by FDR in the assembly was known to be a New Plan, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the economic plan that Obama introduced during his ruling time was known as Stimulus Plan.
- The unique thing that FDR used to address the nation and its people about the work of government was by radio transmission, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, at his time, Obama used the Internet for the campaign.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.