Smartwatches have brought a revolution in everyday life since their invention. Fitbit has developed a series of smartwatches that have been very popular in the market.
But when choosing the perfect Fitbit smartwatch, there are many confusions. The most common is between the Fitbit Versa 2 and Fitbit Versa Lite.
- Fitbit Versa 2 and Versa Lite are two popular models of fitness smartwatches with distinct features and functionalities.
- Fitbit Versa 2 has a built-in microphone and Amazon Alexa integration, while Versa Lite lacks these features.
- Fitbit Versa 2 also has a slightly larger battery capacity and can store and play music from the device, which is impossible on Versa Lite.
Fitbit Versa 2 vs. Fitbit Versa Lite
Fitbit Versa 2 is a smartwatch launched by Fitbit in September 2019 and features a sleek design and smart features for monitoring health and fitness. Fitbit Versa Lite is a lighter version of Fitbit Versa 2 and is for those who want the basic functions of a smartwatch without spending too much.
The difference between Fitbit Versa and Fitbit Versa Lite, apart from their almost half and very different prices, is that Fitbit Versa Lite is a similar version of the Fitbit Versa 2 but lacks certain of its features like the AMOLED display, floor climbing tracking, Alexa built-in, on-screen workouts, etc.
|Parameter of Comparison||Fitbit Versa 2||Fitbit Versa Lite|
|Price||Fitbit Versa 2 comes with all its features for $199.99 to $229.||Fitbit Versa Lite is a similar model of Fitbit Versa 2, without many features, and comes for $99.95 to $159.99.|
|Battery Life||Fitbit Versa 2 has a battery life of over 6 days.||Fitbit Versa Lite has a battery life of over 4 days.|
|Colors||Fitbit Versa 2 is available in over four varieties of colors. These include black/carbon aluminum, stone/grey mist aluminum, copper/petal rose aluminum, and Bordeaux/copper rose aluminum.||Fitbit Versa Lite is available in two colors only, including Marina blue and Mulberry silver. The mulberry silver comes with a lilac or white band.|
|WiFi||It can be connected to WiFi.||It cannot be connected to WiFi.|
|GPS||GPS can be activated on it when connected to a smartphone.||GPS cannot be activated on it at all.|
|Main Fitness Features||Fitbit Versa 2 has many health and fitness features, including female health tracking, guided workouts, sleep analysis, heart rate monitoring, floor climbing, and lap tracking.||Fitbit Versa Lite has comparatively fewer fitness features for the user, including female health tracking, heart rate monitoring, and sleep analysis.|
|Design||Fitbit Versa 2 has more buttons in its design. It has two buttons on the right side and one on the left.||Fitbit Versa Lite has just one button on the right side, so it has a much less complicated design.|
|Other Features||Fitbit Versa 2 has onboard stage music, can be connected to Alexa, and has Fitbit Pay.||Fitbit Versa Lite has no other special features like the Fitbit Versa 2. It does not have onboard stage music or Fitbit Pay and cannot connect to Alexa.|
What is Fitbit Versa 2?
Fitbit Versa 2 is a smartwatch launched by Fitbit in September 2019. It then easily became one of the best smartwatches on the market owing to its sleek design and smart features that were perfect for any busy adult to monitor their health and fitness throughout the day.
It has many features that can be very helpful throughout the day for maintaining and tracking fitness. These include female health tracking, guided workouts, sleep analysis, heart rate monitoring, floor climbing, and lap tracking.
This roughly translates to tracking your steps and calories, doing guide workouts from a screen, and having a separate health tracking system for females.
As far as its other technical features and design are concerned, it also has a lot of variety. The Fitbit Versa 2 has a slim and sleek design, is available in over six colors, can play onboard stage music, can be connected to Alexa, and has Fitbit Pay.
No products found.
What is Fitbit Versa Lite?
Fitbit Versa Lite, of course, as the name predicts, is a lighter version of the Fitbit Versa 2. It was launched in March 2019, and it is perfect for people who want just the basic functions of a smartwatch and do not wish to spend much on it.
Fitbit Versa Lite comes in a price range that is almost half of the Fitbit Versa 2. It lacks many features, which are a big hit in the Fitbit Versa 2.
It has female health tracking, heart rate tracking, and sleep analysis. It cannot be connected to other smart devices and does not contain Fitbit Pay.
There is no place for GPS or WiFi in this Fitbit smartwatch either. It is available in two different colors with an option for two choices in bands in one of them. It is not a very fancy or extravagant smartwatch with many top features, but it does the basic work of a smartwatch.
This, coupled with its much lower price range, also makes it a big hit among people.
No products found.
Main Differences Between Fitbit Versa 2 and Fitbit Versa Lite
- Fitbit Versa 2 comes at a price range of $199.99 to $229, while Fitbit Versa Lite comes from $99.95 to $159.99, almost half of Fitbit Versa 2.
- The main fitness features of Fitbit Versa 2 include female health tracking, guided workouts, sleep analysis, heart rate monitoring, floor climbing, and lap tracking. The leading fitness features of Fitbit Versa Lite include female health tracking, heart rate monitoring, and sleep analysis.
- Fitbit Versa 2 is available in four colors: black/carbon aluminum, stone/grey mist aluminum, copper/petal rose aluminum, and Bordeaux/copper rose aluminum. Fitbit Versa Lite is available in only two colors, Marina blue and Mulberry silver, where the Mulberry silver comes with a lilac or white band.
- Fitbit Versa 2 has onboard stage music, can be connected to Alexa, and has Fitbit Pay, while these features are unavailable in Fitbit Versa Lite.
- Fitbit Versa 2 has two buttons on the right side and one button on the left, while Fitbit Versa Lite has just one button on the right.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.