Godaddy and Bigrock are both companies that provide hosting solutions to customers. Both Godaddy and Bigrock are reputed sources for purchasing a domain.
These two companies also provide services like shared hosting, cloud hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers, Website builders, and email hosting solutions. Godaddy and Bigrock have attracted many customers and thus have a strong customer base.
Both companies are old web-hosting businesses and have huge experience handling customers. Since both serve their customers with similar services, they have slight differences.
The services provided by these companies become very useful to small businesses, professionals, and individuals too. The services provided by them somewhat promote entrepreneurship and help bring out start-ups.
There are also several other alternatives available. Some of them are Bluehost, Domain.com, Siteground, Hostgator, DreamHost, and many others. But Godaddy and Bigrock are the two most reputed service providers the users would look into.
- GoDaddy is a web hosting and domain registration company that offers a wide range of services, including website builders, email marketing, and e-commerce tools. At the same time, BigRock focuses primarily on web hosting services.
- GoDaddy has a more user-friendly interface and offers a wider range of customization options, while BigRock offers more affordable hosting plans and reliable uptime.
- GoDaddy has a larger customer base and brand recognition, while BigRock is more suitable for small businesses and individuals who need basic web hosting services.
Godaddy vs Bigrock
GoDaddy is considered more expensive than Bigrock, especially regarding domain registration and is known for its excellent customer support. Bigrock offers significantly lower prices for domain registration and hosting plans, making it a popular choice for budget-conscious customers.
|Parameter of Comparison||Godaddy||BigRock|
|Year of Establishment||1997||2010|
|Headquarters||Scottsdale, Arizona, United States||Mumbai|
|Datacentre Locations||US, Europe, Asia||US, India|
|Number of Shared Hosting Plans||4||3|
|Disk Space||Unlimited (Excluding Starter and Economy Plan)||Unlimited (Excluding Starter Pack)|
|Free Domain||1 Free Domain||Not Available|
|Premium DNS||Available||Not Available|
|Money- Back Guarantee||30 days||30 days|
|1-Click Application Installer||Available||Available|
What is Godaddy?
Godaddy is one of the oldest and most trusted service platforms for entrepreneurship and their start-ups. The company is based in the United States and started back in 1997.
Godaddy provides hosting solutions to its customers/users with different hosting plans according to the needs of an individual. The company aims to gain as many customers as possible by giving them all the help and tools they need to grow online.
Now, entrepreneurs with brilliant ideas in their heads can use their services to showcase his/her business to the world. Users who have knowledge of social media marketing or, say, digital marketing can opt for this service.
Godaddy has about 14 offices which dot from Seattle to Belgrade. The company empowers more than 20 million entrepreneurs every day. Godaddy also boasts about its customers trusting their domain names.
Godaddy has a branch in Hyderabad, which is for Indian entrepreneurs. The founder of Godaddy, Bob Parsons, named his hosting company ‘Jomax Technologies’ which later became Godaddy.
What is BigRock?
Bigrock, on the other hand, is an Indian-based company that started in 2010 with its headquarters in Mumbai. Bigrock, too, started to provide the best hosting solutions for aspiring entrepreneurs.
Bigrock boasts when it comes to their services. They provide their clients with a complete product suite that helps them grow their online business.
Bigrock provides domain registration, web hosting services, business-class email services, e-commerce solutions, website builder products, and digital certificates.
The company also boasts about giving first-class service to its customers for over ten years. The company supports its users via chat, call, and email. The process of using their service is quite easy and thus makes it a user-friendly hosting solution.
Users with intermediate knowledge of technology can opt for their services because the innovation team has designed the application so that the users can operate it easily.
Bigrock is now a part of the Endurance International Group (Endurance International Group is a technology company).
Main Differences Between Godaddy and Bigrock
- Godaddy and Bigrock have some differences when it comes to their security features. Godaddy, on the one hand, provides web-security services; on the other hand, Bigrock provides anti-virus and rootkit scanning tools to their users. These tools help prevent hacking and other cybercrime.
- Godaddy and Bigrock provide users 99.9% of the server time, and both companies boast regarding their uptime services.
- Godaddy has a money-back guarantee of 45 days, whereas Bigrock, on the other hand, offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. Godaddy slightly lacks in this area, maybe because of their huge customer base.
- Godaddy becomes a little expensive regarding their choices of domains in various areas. However, Bigrock is providing services to its customers at a slightly lower rate than Godaddy.
- Godaddy charging a higher price does provide the new users with a single free domain, whereas Bigrock, on the other hand, does not offer any free domain for its newcomers. Godaddy is slightly more reputed than Bigrock because the company roped in MS Dhoni as their Brand Ambassador in India.
- The reliability is much better in Bigrock than in Godaddy. The reliability score is about 6 out of 10 in Bigrock, and Godaddy only scores 3 stars out of 10.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.