Google Cardboard is a form of virtual reality device that Google created. Google Cardboard is less expensive and may be purchased for a low cost.
This is a very basic device that may be used with any phone. Oculus and Samsung collaborated on Gear VR, which is referred to as high-end VR.
The Gear VR is more expensive, and not everyone will be able to afford it. As a result, it is an expensive option.
- Google Cardboard is an affordable, accessible virtual reality (VR) option made of cardboard, whereas Gear VR is a more expensive, higher-quality VR headset.
- Gear VR offers a better user experience with higher-quality lenses and a more comfortable fit than Google Cardboard.
- Google Cardboard is compatible with various smartphones, while Gear VR is limited to Samsung devices.
Google Cardboard vs Gear VR
Google Cardboard is a very basic handheld device that powers a virtual reality (VR) experience using a smartphone. Its viewer is a passive headset and is less expensive. Gear VR, is a high-end virtual reality headset device developed by Samsung and Oculus that is more expensive and has an active headset.
Google Cardboard is a device that allows you to turn your existing smartphone into a full-fledged virtual reality headset. A type of reference standard is Google Cardboard.
This is created by the user to immerse themselves and gain a VR experience. Google Cardboard is a paper-based virtual reality headset.
As a result, any layperson may purchase or construct these types of VR devices. Google Cardboard costs five times less than Samsung’s Gear VR.
The Gear VR is equipped with ground-breaking virtual reality technologies. It’s also a wireless headset with a range of premium Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
It is also coupled with the most up-to-date head-tracking technology. The Gear VR is a form of virtual reality device that has a lot of technology built into it and can blow people’s minds away.
The initial cost of Oculus and Samsung’s Gear VR is roughly five times that of Google Cardboards.
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Cardboard||Gear VR|
|Made up of||Paper||Technology|
|Suitable for||Beginners||Pro Users|
|Technology||Any phone||Samsung Galaxy smartphones|
|Pricing||Five times lower||Five times higher|
|Developed by||Oculus and Samsung|
What is Google Cardboard?
Google Cardboard is a paper-based virtual reality technology. As a result, any layperson may purchase or construct these VR devices.
Google Cardboard is five times less expensive than Samsung’s Gear VR.
Google Cardboard is a device that allows users to turn their existing smartphone into a full-fledged virtual reality headset. A reference specification is something like Google Cardboard.
This is created by the individual to immerse themselves and gain a VR experience.
Google Cardboard is a form of virtual reality device that is a Google product and innovation. Google Cardboard is less expensive and may be purchased for a low price.
This is a very simple device that can be plugged into any mobile phone.
What is Gear VR?
The Gear VR is a form of virtual reality system with a lot of technology built-in that can blow people’s minds away. The initial price of Oculus and Samsung’s Gear VR is roughly five times that of Google Cardboards.
These gadgets have beautiful visuals, as well as a trackpad, headphone jack, diopter wheel for eye correction, and volume control.
The Gear VR is built on ground-breaking virtual reality technologies. It’s also a wireless headset that’s light and compatible with Samsung’s premium Galaxy handsets.
It’s also coupled with the most up-to-date head-tracking technology. Samsung, in collaboration with Oculus, has integrated “state-of-the-art” Oculus technology into the latest Galaxy series of smartphones.
Gear VR, often known as high-end VR, is a collaboration between Oculus and Samsung. The Gear VR is more expensive, and not everyone can afford it.
As a result, it is not a cost-effective option.
This is an Oculus-powered revolutionary headgear that combines advanced features with new features to provide a one-of-a-kind feature as well as a realistic virtual experience.
Main Differences Between Google Cardboard and Gear VR
- Google Cardboard is a type of VR device which is a product and innovation by Google. On the other hand, Gear VR, which is called high-end VR, is a product and innovation by Oculus and Samsung together.
- Google Cardboard is less expensive and comes in an affordable cheap price range. This is a very basic device whose compatibility can be fit into any mobile phone. On the other hand, the Gear VR is more expensive and can not be bought by everyone. Thus, it is not a budget-friendly choice. This is an Oculus-powered revolutionary headset combining the advanced features with new features to get a unique feature along with a real experience that is immersive virtual.
- Google Cardboard is a device that helps in transforming the existing smartphone of an individual into a full-fledged VR device. On the other hand, The Gear VR is made up of a VR technology that is groundbreaking. It is moreover a combination of wireless headset, lightweight with a series of flagship Samsung Galaxy smartphones. It is also combined with the latest technology of head-tracking.
- Google Cardboard is a type of reference specification. This is built by the individual herself or himself to get immersed and acquire a VR experience. On the other hand, Samsung technology, along with Oculus technology, has incorporated the Oculus tech, “state-of-the-art” with the new series of smartphones of Samsung’s Galaxy. These devices possess stunning graphics along with a trackpad, headphone jack, eye-adjustment diopter wheel, and volume control.
- Google Cardboard is simply a VR system that is made up of Paper. Hence, any layman can buy or build these types of VR systems. On the other hand, the Gear VR is a type of VR system which is made up of plenty of technology ingrained into it, which can blow the minds of people away.
- Google Cardboards are priced five times lower than Gear VR of Samsung. On the other hand, The initial price of Gear VR of Oculus and Samsung is around five times higher than that of Google Cardboards.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.