Computers and electronic devices have become humans’ most valuable assets; we have advanced to a new level of development, and our lives have become much easier as a result of the computer and its networking system.
But one question that clicks our minds is how a website is created and how is it shared with so many people in the world? The answer is with the help of a Domain, it is the address of your website through which people land on your web page.
However, there is a need for Hosting as well to build a website.
For example, if you want to build a house you need to buy land, similarly in the world of the internet if you want to build your website you need to buy a host which can be considered as a piece of land and a domain is the address of that land.
- Google Domains focuses on domain registration, while AWS Route 53 provides domain registration and DNS management services.
- AWS Route 53 has more advanced features, like health checks and traffic flow policies, whereas Google Domains is simpler and more user-friendly.
- Google Domains has a fixed pricing model, while AWS Route 53’s pricing is based on usage.
Google Domains vs AWS Route 53
Google Domains is a domain registration service that offers a simple and user-friendly interface for purchasing and managing domain names, providing domain privacy protection for free. AWS Route 53 is a highly scalable and reliable DNS service that is part of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Google Domains is a domain registration facility provided by Google, it makes it simple to link to other Google services such as Google suite, Google Adsense, etc, we can either register a new domain or transfer an existing one.
Once the domain is created, we may then utilize that name to construct a website, bespoke email accounts, and integrations with third-party, among other things.
AWS Route 53, also known as Amazon Route 53, is a fully managed, scalable Domain Name System (DNS) facility that is a segment of Amazon.com’s Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud computing platform.
Its name relates to both the classic roadway US Route 66 and the location for DNS server demands TCP or UDP port 53, which was introduced in 2010.
|Parameters of Comparison||Google Domains||AWS Route 53|
|Launched||June 13, 2014||December 5, 2010|
|Services||Fast, safe, and dependable technology, privacy protection, email forwarding, domain forwarding, and custom subdomains.||Domain Name System (DNS), domain name registration, and health-checking online services that are highly accessible and scalable.|
|Usability||If you already use Google Cloud Services or are a member of the Google Community, this is incredibly simple to use.||The usability of AWS is considered to be good as its console provides a single interface from which you can quickly configure everything.|
|Category||Domain Registration||DNS Management|
|Companies that use these facilities||Orbital, Plato, Farmioc, etc||Airbnb, Pinterest, Amazon, etc.|
What is Google Domain?
Google Domains is the domain name provider that is run by Google. It includes personal domain registration, DNS hosting, DNSSEC, Dynamic DNS, domain redirection, email redirecting, etc.
Google Cloud DNS and Google Workspace are both supported natively by Google Domain.
Free email redirecting is included with Google Domains, permitting you to establish up to 100 personalized email pseudonyms that will instantly transfer to your current email account.
You may also join up for Google Workspace with your Google Domains and offer all those on your staff a corporate email address example: Xyz@company.
Google Domain includes some of the most efficient and reliable features that will make it easier to control the domain and enhance the quality of your webpage. Some of the features are given below:
– Network that is quick, secure, and dependable.
– Security of Personal information
– Domain transfer and email forwarding.
– Subdomains that are unique to you.
– Domain management solutions and tools that are simple to use.
– Effortless connection with the most popular website developers.
– New domain extensions
We came across different aspects of Google Domain, but still, one question remains unanswered, What is specific about Google Domain, that we should opt for it? Well, you can consider the following points:
-For a single, clear cost, you’ll get all you need, along with extra features. There are no other surprises. There is no additional cost. It’s exactly what you’re looking for.
– Professional and less tricky, Google Domains has the resources and services to assist you in creating a professional-looking website.
– Meet quality and dependability; make your website and online presence more powerful by leveraging Google’s resources.
What is AWS Route 53?
AWS is a fully managed and stable technology it is used to create AWS Route 53. The DNS servers’ dispersed structure ensures a continual capacity to direct the end users to your application.
Features like AWS Route 53 Traffic Flow and routing control help you increase reliability by enabling you to simply create redundancy to redirect your visitors to a different place if your main application endpoint goes down.
AWS Route 53 is built to deliver the level of reliability that critical applications demand. And its Service Level Agreement guarantees the availability of AWS Route 53.
AWS Route 53 provides domain registration assistance, including the ability to find for and register accessible domain names, as well as migrate existing domain names to Route 53 for management. It also includes the following features for its users:
– It protects your recurrent DNS requests within the AWS Route 53 Resolver with the Route 53 Resolver DNS Firewall.
– Route 53 Application Recovery Controller: Routing Control,
– Controller for AWS Route 53 Application Recovery: Security regulation
– Global traffic administration that is simple to use and cost-effective:
– Routing depends on latency Send end users to the AWS region with the least amount of latency.
– End users are routed to a specific endpoint that you select based on their geographical region using Geo DNS.
– Administration Console, AWS Management Console and AWS Route 53 work together and eliminate the need for coding.
If we opt for AWS Route 53, what are the benefits that will be added to our part, and what is specific about it? To answer that, you can consider the following points:
– Traffic Flow in AWS Route 53 directs traffic depending on a variety of factors, including endpoint health, geographical region, and response time.
– AWS Route 53 can keep track of your software’s development and performance, as well as your web servers and other tools.
– AWS Route 53 provides domain name registration options, allowing you to look for and acquire suitable domain names, as well as move current domain names to Route 53 for administration.
Main Differences Between Google Domain and AWS Route 53
1. Weighted Round Robin is not supported by Google Domain, whereas AWS Route 53 supports it.
2. As compared to Google Domain, AWS Route 53 is highly available in many countries.
3. Name cheap, Squarespace, GoDaddy, etc. are some of the competitors of Google Domain, whereas Loadmaster, Enterprise ADC, A10 Thunder ADC F5 BIG-IP, Load balancer, etc are some of the competitors of AWS Route 53.
4. Tools integrated with Google Domain is Google Site, on the other hand, the tools integrated with AWS route 53 are SignalFx, Cloudcraft, AWS Shield, etc.
5. According to some critics, the Google Domain falls short in terms of feature updates and roadmaps when compared to Amazon Route 53’s direction.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.