Going into adult life, everyone encounters several new and scary problems.
But one of the most common ones among them is perhaps that of hair loss. Almost everyone deals with this at one point in their lives or another. It is even inevitable these days, what with the constant stress of a hectic life.
There are many acclaimed solutions to this, and more and more are coming up daily. Each claim uses innovative and unique techniques to achieve the best results.
In extreme cases of hair loss like baldness, alopecia, hair thinning, etc., certain devices are built to work on low-level laser light technology and have brought positive results for many people.
The most common of these kinds of products are HairMax LaserBand and iRestore. They both function on this technology. They are both popular favourites among their customers. They both have many distinct features which differentiate them from each other.
- HairMax LaserBand is a medical-grade laser therapy device that treats hair loss and promotes hair growth, while iRestore is a low-level laser therapy device.
- HairMax LaserBand uses a patented hair-parting teeth mechanism to ensure maximum laser coverage to the scalp, while iRestore has a helmet-like design for hands-free use.
- HairMax LaserBand is FDA-cleared and clinically proven effective, while iRestore still needs to be cleared by the FDA and has limited clinical studies.
HairMax LaserBand vs. iRestore
The HairMax LaserBand is a hands-free, wearable device that uses low-level laser therapy to stimulate hair growth. The iRestore is a LLLT device designed to combat hair loss and promote hair growth. It uses medical-grade lasers and LEDs to stimulate hair follicles and is recommended for 25 minutes per treatment session, 3 times a week.
|Parameter of Comparison||HairMax LaserBand||iRestore|
|Structure||HairMax LaserBand has a band-like structure that is much thinner, and it only provides coverage to one part of the head at one time.||iRestore has a helmet-like structure, providing coverage to the entire head simultaneously.|
|Usage||Because of its band-like structure, it can only provide coverage to one part of the head at one time and hence is meant to be combed over the head repeatedly to achieve the best functioning and results.||Because of its helmet-like structure, it provides coverage to the entire head, can be used all over the head, and treat all the bald spots and hair-thinning areas at once.|
|Extra Products||In the case of HairMax LaserBand, four other hair care products, along with the actual device, are in the package. These include a shampoo, a conditioner, a revitalizer, and dietary supplements.||iRestore, however, comes with no other extra hair care products. Inside the packaging, it is just the iRestore helmet.|
|Laser LEDs||The band has 82 laser LED lights to help promote healthy and thick hair growth.||There are 51 laser LEDs inside the iRestore helmet, which work efficiently to promote healthy and thick hair growth.|
|Usage Time||HairMax LaserBand is meant to be used for 90 minutes on alternate days for 6 to 12 months for the best results.||iRestore is supposed to be used for 25 minutes for 3 to 6 months to achieve the best results.|
What is HairMax LaserBand?
HairMax LaserBand is a type of laser cap used to promote hair regrowth. It has proven to be very successful for many people and, thus, is a very popular hit in this industry. It works on low-laser light technology.
The mechanism of its working is that it uses low laser light to stimulate cells of the hair follicle to regrow hair.
Hair is supposed to be a protective covering against ultraviolet light; hence when the scalp is exposed to them in low amounts, which is stimulating enough to grow hair yet not too much to cause harm, proper hair growth is achieved.
HairMax LaserBand is unique in the way that it has a unique design. Instead of the typical cap or helmet-like design that provides full coverage to the scalp, HairMax LaserBand has a band-like design.
It has more laser LED, however. The ideal way to operate it is by repeatedly combing it over the head so that the whole of the scalp and all the areas that need to be treated are exposed to it and treated properly.
What is iRestore?
iRestore is another laser cap device used to regrow hair and often treats extreme hair loss cases like alopecia, baldness, or hair thinning. It has a helmet-like structure. It has 51 laser LEDs on its inner side, stimulating the cells at the hair follicle and causing them to regrow hair.
It provides full coverage to the scalp. Ideally, it should be used for 25 minutes on alternate days for 3 to 6 months. It has a hands-free and wireless design for easy use and portability. The iRestore Essential works on a rechargeable battery and an AC adapter.
It is said to have been very effective and has worked for many people. iRestore has thus earned a popular name.
Main Differences Between HairMax LaserBand and iRestore
- HairMax LaserBand has a band-like structure, which is comparatively much thinner and smaller, while iRestore has a helmet-like structure.
- HairMax LaserBand provides only partial coverage to the scalp; hence, the ideal way to use it is to comb it repeatedly over the whole scalp to expose it. iRestore has a helmet-like structure that covers the entire head at once and can be left on without moving it.
- HairMax LaserBand has 82 laser LEDs on the inner side, while iRestore has 51 on the inner side.
- HairMax LaserBand includes additional hair care products in the packaging, including shampoo, conditioner, revitalizer, and dietary supplements, while iRestore does not include any extra products.
- Ideally, HairMax LaserBand is supposed to be used for 6 to 12 months to achieve the required results, and iRestore is meant to be used for 3 to 6 months.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.