Entertainment has changed its form many times over a long time, whether the films or theatre has been modified.
Music is no less; music plays a vital role in human life music for many purposes, like working out, relaxing, or even partying. Music evolved as the instruments and technology that power the music changed its form.
Today, many studios use the highest quality equipment like the microphone, speakers, headphones, and recording rooms, resulting in excellent musical acoustics due to the quality of the instruments.
Making great music is not all the person listening also wants to experience music in a quality way. Therefore, many companies and manufacturers have started making quality headphones and speakers for personal use, resulting in an excellent listening experience.
Many brands are competing today to manufacture the most selling product. Still, Harman is one of the brands that sells and manufactures the bestselling equipment in the studio and personal use equipment.
The Harman Onyx is the best-selling portable speaker, with Onyx 3 and Onyx 4 acing the market and becoming the bestselling products.
- Harman Onyx 3 and Harman Onyx 4 are both portable Bluetooth speakers from the same brand, but the Onyx 4 has some upgraded features compared to the Onyx 3, such as improved battery life and USB-C charging.
- The Harman Onyx 4 also has a higher output power of 50 watts than the Onyx 3’s 40 watts, which can result in a louder and more immersive sound experience.
- However, the Harman Onyx 3 is still a reliable and high-quality portable speaker option, especially for those who don’t need the extra features of the Onyx 4.
Harman Onyx 3 vs. Harman Onyx 4
The Harman ONYX 3 has a 50 watts wattage output, a battery life of 5 hours, and 4.1 Bluetooth. The Harman ONYX 4 has a higher wattage output of 60 watts, a longer battery life of up to 8 hours, an improved design with a sleeker and more modern look, and supports Bluetooth 5.0.
|Parameters of Comparison||Harman Onyx 3||Harman Onyx 4|
|Meaning||The Onyx 3 is the best-selling speaker. It offers excellent sound quality as it has a great set of woofers. It also offers excellent built quality with the speaker grill in the front and leather at the back to give an outstanding style.||The Onyx 4 is the second bestselling speaker. It offers an excellent sound quality than the onyx three because it offers excellent bass and balances the highs and mids significantly; it also provides the same sleek design with leather and speaker grill.|
|Playtime||The Onyx 3 offers 5 hours of playing time on a single charge.||The Onyx 4 offers 7 hours of playing time on a single charge.|
|Bluetooth Version||The Onyx 3 comes with an older 4.1 version.||The Onyx 4 offers the latest 4.2 version.|
|Special features||A chain of three speakers can be connected to produce more prominent sounds.||A chain of a total of 100 speakers produces more prominent sounds.|
|Color Options||The Onyx 3 offers two vibrant colors that are purple and blue.||The Onyx 4 offers three classic colors that are white, black, and blue.|
|Ports offered||It offers two ports: one micro-USB for charging and a 3.5mm aux port.||It also offers two parallel ports: one micro-USB port and a 3.5 mm aux port.|
What is Onyx 3?
The Harman Onyx 3 is one of the best-selling speakers in the market. It is made of the best materials, with a removable grill in the front and leather padding at the back that acts as anti-slipping material and offers some design.
The Onyx 3 offers the old Bluetooth 4.1 version and a mono setup with two woofers and 60 Watts output. The bestselling feature is that it can connect up to 3 speakers simultaneously to make more prominent sounds.
The speakers’ downside is that it does not offer any waterproof system, which makes it not portable to beach or pool parties. The speaker also offers a generous 2600 mAh battery that lasts around 5 hours on a single charge.
It also offers two colors to choose from. One is blue, and the other is purple.
What is Harman Onyx 4?
The Onyx 4 is the 2nd bestselling speaker but offers more than the Onyx 2.
The speakers offer the same building with a leather cushioning pad and a non-removable grill; the speakers have better and upgraded woofers that provide the same but yet an excellent 60 Watts output.
The speakers offer the latest 4.2 Bluetooth version with a massive 3000mAh battery that lasts 7 hours on a single charge.
The bestselling feature of the speaker is the stereo setup that can be made when two speakers are joined via the HK Connect app, which is only available for the Onyx 4. It can also connect a 100-speaker chain simultaneously, the most outstanding feature of any speaker.
The speaker’s bass quality is better than the Onyx 3, and it offers an outstanding balance between the mids and high that balances the music.
No products found.
Main Differences Between Harman Onyx 3 and Onyx 4
- The Onyx 3 offers 2600 mAh and lasts 5 hours on a single charge, whereas the Onyx 4 offers a 3000 mAh battery that lasts around 7 hours.
- The Onyx 3 offers the older version of Bluetooth, Bluetooth 4.1, which only enables the connection of 3 speakers simultaneously. In contrast, the Onyx 4 uses the latest version that is Bluetooth 4.2, making it helpful to connect 100 speakers’ chains simultaneously.
- Both the speakers offer excellent bass quality, but the Onyx 3 provides a tight and numb base, whereas the Onyx 4 is not a significant bass upgrade, but it does offer a little punch to the quality. Both speakers provide some great mids and highs, but the Onyx 4 provides a significant frequency in the highs.
- The Onyx 4 offers a capability with the HK connect app that enables two speakers to join and provides a stereo setup that is a much better setup than the mono setup. In contrast, the Onyx 3 only offers a mono setup.
- The Onyx 3 offers pop colors that are blue and purple, whereas the Onyx 4 offers vibrant and decent colors that are white, black, and blue.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.