Bible is a source of god’s direct speech through which people can attain salvation, according to many beliefs of people who follow the Christian religion. Both of
these bibles are similar in the most way, but a few differences lead to separate followers. Hebrew Bible is a derivative of the Holy Bible.
- The Hebrew Bible is the original text of Judaism, comprising 24 books, while the Holy Bible includes the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament, comprising 66 books.
- The Hebrew Bible was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, while the Holy Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek.
- The Hebrew Bible does not include the story of Jesus Christ, while the Holy Bible includes the story of Jesus Christ, his life, teachings, death, and resurrection.
Hebrew Bible vs Holy Bible
Hebrew bible is the sacred book of the Jewish people that consist of 24 books which are the Old Testaments, and it is also known as Tanakh. Holy bible is the main bible that is followed by Christians, Catholics, Protestants and members of the Orthodox Church. It has two books, the Old and New Testament.
Hebrew Bible is also known as Tanakh. It is a set of 24 books, making it a whole Bible library. It only consists of the Old Testaments of the bible.
It is also known as the original language of the Bible in Christian culture.
The Holy Bible is the Bible mainly followed. It contains both Testaments, which are New Testament and Old Testaments.
It contains 66 books about Protestants, 73 about Catholics, and 81 about the orthodox. It includes the whole life cycle of Jesus Christ in it.
|Parameters of Comparison||Hebrew Bible||Holy Bible|
|Definition||It also consists of religious text and scriptures, but along with them, it includes Torah.||It is a collected book form that consists of religious text and scriptures.|
|Consists of||It only consists of the old testament.||It contains both of the testaments (old and new).|
|No. of sections||There is a total of 3 reasons in the Hebrew bible.||There are 4 main sections in Old Testament and 4 in the New Testament.|
|No. of books||There is a total of 24 books in the Hebrew bible library.||There is a total of 66 books by protestants, 73 by Catholics, and up to 81 by orthodox.|
|Prophets||The twelve minor prophets in the Hebrew Bible are combined into a single book.||Each of the twelve minor prophets has its books.|
What is Holy Bible?
The holy bible is a book believed to contain the guidances of god to follow by the Christian religion and the Jews. It includes laws, stories, prayers, and songs.
This book also contains the history of Jesus Christ. Includes information about events that occurred around 0 AD.
It also has information about the birth, death, and whole life of Jesus Christ. It explains how his followers spread his message and teachings around the world.
The Bible was brought together around 100 AD. It was initially Greek and converted into English in the 14th Century.
The Bible was turned into English so that people could read it themselves, But many churches were against it as reading the bible was the priest’s work.
But it was finally wholly translated and printed into Modern English by the early 16th century. And now, it has been translated into more than 450 languages.
There are two divisions of testaments in the Bible:
- The Old Testament.
- The New Testament.
People have different views of the Bible. Christians believe that Bible is the direct word of god to people. Some believe that only the Old Testament is accurate, and others believe both are true.
What is Hebrew Bible?
The Hebrew Bible, also known as Tanakh, is a set of books based on the Hebrew language and Torah. Hebrew Bible is made up of a total of 24 books.
The Hebrew Bible consists of old Christian Testaments. The New Testament is not included in the Hebrew bible. Hebrew is just the original language of the Bible.
They also contain some parts of Araimic, the Books Of Ezra and Daniel. There is no proof of when or where the Hebrew Bible was brought together.
It tells us about the Creation of the World and The emergence of human civilization. It also tells us how the religions like Christianity, Islam, and Judaism came to be.
These Scriptures were written mainly in books by Ezra and Araimic Books. The original Hebrew Books were rumoured to be written between 1200 to 100 BCE.
The Hebrew Bible is divided into mainly 3 sections:–
- Torah “Teachings”
- Neviim “Prophets”
- Ketuvim “Writings”
Tanakh is the name given to the three of them combined. The three sections are also divided further on.
The Old Testament section contains information about the prophecy of Jesus Christ getting born as one of God’s forms on Earth.
Main Differences Between the Hebrew Bible and Holy Bible
- The Hebrew Bible only contains old testaments, whereas the Holy bible holds both old and new testaments.
- There are 4 sections of the Old Testament and 4 sections in the New Testament in the Holy Bible, whereas there are only 3 sections in the Hebrew Testament.
- The Holy bible contains 66 books for Protestants, 73 for Catholics, and 81 for orthodox, whereas the Hebrew bible has 24 books.
- There are 12 minor prophets in the Hebrew Bible combined into a single book. Even though Ezra and Nehemiah are compiled in a single book, whereas every 12 minor prophets have their book in the Holy Bible, Ezra and Nehemiah consist of their books belonging to them.
- The Holy Bible has more and new generation followers, too, whereas the Hebrew bible has only those followers who practice and have faith in old rituals.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.