Detergents are one of the most demanded products in the Fast Moving Consumer Goods market. There are different types and brands of detergent available in the market. High-efficiency detergents and regular detergents are two popular types of detergents that are popular all around the world.
High Efficiency Detergent vs Regular Detergent
The difference between High-efficiency detergents and regular detergents is that High-efficiency detergents are made especially for advanced and high-efficiency washing machines, whereas regular detergents are made in such a way that they support and can be used in normal and basic washing machines.
High-efficiency detergents are specifically designed for highly efficient and advanced washing machines. Since advanced washing machines use less water hence here, detergents play a very important role in making the clothes clean. The price of these detergents is generally higher than the regular ones, but experts recommend only these detergents to be used in High-efficiency washing machines.
Regular detergents are detergents that are used in normal and basic washing machines. Regular detergents are not advised to be used in high-efficiency machines as it requires extra water and neutralizes the benefit of advanced washing machines. The price of regular detergents is far less than the highly efficient detergents.
Comparison Table Between High Efficiency Detergent and Regular Detergent
|Parameters of Comparison||High Efficiency Detergent||Regular Detergent|
|Suitable Washing Machine||High-efficiency detergents are specifically used for highly efficient and advanced washing machines.||Regular detergents are advised to be used only in regular and basic washing machines.|
|Water usage||High-efficiency detergents use comparatively lesser water when compared to regular detergents and produce lesser suds. It also is more compact and concentrated.||Regular detergents use fairly a large amount of water to make the clothes clean and produce a large amount of suds. Regular detergents are lesser compact and concentrated.|
|Price||The price of high-efficiency detergents is comparatively higher when compared to regular detergents.||The price of regular detergents is comparatively lower when compared to the price of high-efficiency detergents.|
|Consumption||High-efficiency detergents require less amount of electricity and water hence is cost-effective.||Regular detergents require an adequate amount of electricity and water.|
|Logo||The high-efficiency detergents carry a HE logo in their packets due to which they can be easily distinguished from regular detergents.||The regular detergents do not carry any such logo hence no HE logo indicates the packet is a regular detergent.|
|Capacity||High-efficiency detergents are capable of cleaning more clothes.||Regular detergents are capable of cleaning lesser clothes in comparison to high-efficiency detergents.|
What is High Efficiency Detergent?
High-efficiency detergents are used in advanced washing machines only and require less amount of water and electricity to wash the laundry hence are cost-efficient. Yes, the price of these detergents of good brands is out of the reach of lower-middle-class families.
The target audience and potential customers of these detergents are people who possess advanced washing machines thus are capable of purchasing these detergents on a monthly basis. Some tips and guidelines for using these detergents are:-
- One must not mix and use liquid and powdered detergent at the same time as it may damage the dispenser.
- Use branded high-efficiency detergents for better results.
The amount of suds created by these detergents is comparatively lower when compared to regular ones. The major advantages of using High-efficiency detergents are:-
- The use and consumption of water and electricity are reduced to a very great extent when high-efficiency detergents are used.
- Clothes are better cleaned and washed with the help of these detergents.
- It also increases the life of the machine and cuts down the maintenance charge.
- The return on investment of using high-efficiency detergents is more than any other detergent.
What is Regular Detergent?
Regular detergents are one of the most commonly and widely used detergents all around the world since most people do not own advanced washing machines. One most important thing that one should keep in mind is not to use regular detergent in advanced washing machines as they clog the dispenser.
One of the major drawbacks of using regular detergent is the immense amount of water and powder that is used in washing clothes. It also consumes units of electricity hence doesn’t prove to be much cost-effective. Yes, the price of regular detergent is less, but the return on investment may not be satisfactory.
It is fine to use regular detergents, but one must keep the following things in mind:-
- One must not use regular detergents in High-efficiency washing machines.
- A person using regular detergents must use only branded and quality detergents to avoid any damage to the machine.
Main Differences Between High Efficiency Detergent and Regular Detergent
- High-efficiency detergents are specifically used for washing clothes in advanced and highly efficient washing machines, whereas regular detergents are used in conventional washing machines.
- High-Efficiency detergents require less water and produce less suds, whereas regular detergents require an adequate amount of water and produce a good amount of suds as well.
- The price of high-efficiency detergents is very high. On the other hand, the price of regular detergents is comparatively lesser.
- The amount of electricity used by high-efficiency detergents is limited. On the other hand, the units of electricity used by regular detergents are high.
- High-efficiency detergents carry a HE logo in their packet, which helps in differentiating them from regular ones, whereas regular detergents do not have any logo on their package.
- High-efficiency detergents are capable of washing more clothes, whereas regular detergents are capable of washing lesser laundry.
Detergents are one of the most used FMCG products whose demand never goes down. Detergents also come in various forms like liquid and powder. High-efficiency and regular detergents are well-known and famous types of detergents that are widely used by a large number of people.
Both of these types differ from each other in various domains and aspects. High-efficiency detergents are used in advanced washing machines, whereas regular detergents are used in conventional washing machines and require an adequate amount of water and electricity. Both the detergent types are useful and have various pros and cons, but one must make the right purchase decision after taking into consideration his/her needs and wants.