People are always looking for the best tool for working on the Internet. Several marketing people have got a lot of web-optimization tools to choose from. However, the top website optimisation tools are Hotjar and Crazy Egg.
If you are looking for the attention of the website viewers, then the heatmap tool these companies provide comes into effect. These are the two best options available in this vast market. But, it all depends upon the interests of the users.
- Hotjar and Crazy Egg are website optimization tools that provide heat mapping, visitor recording, and analytics features.
- Hotjar offers additional features such as surveys, feedback polls, and conversion funnels, while Crazy Egg focuses more on A/B testing and website optimization experiments.
- Hotjar is geared more towards user research and understanding user behaviour, while Crazy Egg focuses on improving website conversions and performance.
Hotjar vs Crazy Egg
Hotjar is a comprehensive feedback, information provider and analytics tool that offers features such as heatmaps, visitor recordings, conversion funnels, form analysis, surveys, and feedback polls. Crazy Egg primarily visualises website user behaviour through heatmaps and scroll maps.
Another single difference is that Hotjar is laser-focused on businesses online.
|Parameters of Comparison||Hotjar||Crazy Egg|
|Designed For||Hotjar is designed for marketing and product teams.||Crazy Egg is developed for businesses of all sizes, selling to customers online.|
|Rating||4.5/5 stars||4.7/5 stars|
|Ease of Use||4.5/5 stars||4.6/5 stars|
|Customer support||4.1/5 stars||4.5/5 stars|
|Features and Functionality||4.4/5 stars||4.5/5 stars|
|Number of users||1-499||1-1000+|
|Value for money||4.1/5 stars||4.5/5 stars|
What is Hotjar?
Hotjar is a website analyzing a company that provides its users with tools such as heatmaps, session recordings, and surveys. The company was founded in 2014 and boasted of being self-funded, profitable, and a fully distributed company.
The mission of Hotjar is to understand how different users behave on your website. Hotjar is based in over 180 countries and has a team that works remotely throughout Europe, the Americas, and Africa.
Hotjar helps users understand how to grow conversions by making changes and improving UX. One of the tools that it provides you with is the Heatmap tool.
For those who do not know what a heatmap tool is: a heatmap is a tool that calculates attention by grabbing the HTML of your page.
After your page has been grabbed, it is analyzed with the parts that people interact with. One of the biggest advantages of Hotjar is that it is an ‘all- in- one analytics and feedback tool.’
And other than that, Hotjar also provides services from other marketing tools. Some examples are ClickTale, SurveyMonkey, and Qualaroo.
What is Crazy Egg?
Founded by Hiten Shah and Neil Patel in 2006, Crazy Egg is a testing platform. This awesome platform has been created to help people improve their website conversion rate.
If you are a business owner like, say, suppose you own an online store, then using the tools provided by Crazy Egg might be beneficial for you and as well as your business.
Crazy Egg also provides tools like heat maps. Crazy Egg’s service providers provide plenty of resources that empower its users to get the best possible results on your website. Crazy Egg has evolved in the past few years so that it is people’s choice whenever they need heat mapping tools.
The company has the best reviews on the internet and has all the latest resources, so conducting an online business becomes easy for you. Staying competitive in this recent world is very difficult, and this is why Crazy Egg has brought the perfect solution for you.
Crazy Egg also updated its services and brought newly added built-in integrations into it. They are Google Tag Manager, Shopify, HubSpot, Optimizely, and Squarespace.
The pricing model of Crazy Egg is quite simple, and one can select which is most suitable for them. Five different pricing categories are offered: Basic, Standard, Plus, Pro, and Custom.
Crazy Egg also offers a free 30-day trial for newcomers. And, if you think that it is not the one, you can always back out of Crazy Egg.
Main Differences Between Hotjar and Crazy Egg
- Both these companies are the best in their way. However, people tend to stick to Crazy Egg because people found out that Crazy Egg creates a better user experience.
- Hotjar has a forever free plan which attracts most people; however, Crazy Egg does not have a forever free plan but a 30-day free trial.
- Crazy Egg has a list report displaying all the elements on your page that have received a click, whereas Hotjar does not have click data.
- More than 290,000 websites use Crazy Egg; on the other hand, Hotjar is used by about 425,000 websites.
- Hotjar leads in countries like the US and the UK, whereas Crazy Egg leads in Iceland, Ethiopia, and Cote d’Ivoire.
- The quality support provided by Hotjar is much better than Crazy Egg because Hotjar offers both phone and live chat support, whereas if your plan at Crazy Egg is the lowest, then you can expect the lowest level of support from them.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.