iRobot has been known to create some of the most advanced robot vacuums on the market. From vacuuming larger debris to mapping out the rooms that require cleaning, the range of iRobot Roombas can do it all.
- Both iRobot 675 and iRobot 677 are robot vacuums designed for cleaning floors and carpets efficiently with minimum human intervention.
- The primary difference between the two is the inclusion of a virtual wall barrier feature in iRobot 677, which allows users to restrict the robot’s movement to specific areas.
- The iRobot 677 is slightly more expensive than the iRobot 675 due to the additional feature of virtual wall barriers.
iRobot 675 vs iRobot 677
The iRobot 677 contains a “Virtual Wall Barrier” feature that allows you to designate a barrier for the robot to avoid. iRobot 675 does not contain a “Virtual Wall Barrier”, and it is cheaper.
|Parameters of Comparison||iRobot Roomba 675||iRobot Roomba 677|
|Colour||The colour of the Roomba 675 is all black.||The colour of the Roomba 677 has a few grey components, but the rest is black.|
|Cleaning precision||The Roomba 675 finds it difficult to clean only the rooms that require cleaning.||It is easier to program the Roomba 677 to clean specific parts of a room.|
|Price||The Roomba 675 is the cheapest one in the market at the moment.||The Roomba 677 is priced at a slightly higher price than Roomba 675.|
|Bin Volume||The Roomba 675 can hold around 300 millilitres of dirt in the bin.||This Roomba can only hold around 500 millilitres.|
What is iRobot Roomba 675?
The iRobot 675 is popular among individuals looking to procure a sturdy robot vacuum at a low price. This robot vacuum contains a very basic range of features of the iRobot brand.
This Roomba’s first and foremost feature is its dual brush technology. This feature is exclusive only to Roombas.
Both the Roomba 675 and 677 come with a Dirt sensor. This helps the vacuum to sense dirt and move towards it.
The Roomba 675 is under the control of the iRobot app. This app finds use in creating schedules for the Roomba to clean.
The parts of a Roomba require cleaning every month or so. The filters in the Roomba have to undergo replacement as well.
A disadvantage of using the Roomba 675 is that it can be noisy as it cleans. This can be a turn-off for most customers.
One has to empty the bin manually after it fills up. This can be a problem for people that suffer from dust allergies.
Another disadvantage is that it possesses the software to map out a room. Therefore, it can be hard to direct Roomba’s movement.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Works with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair, Carpets,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||iRobot Roomba 675 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Compatible with Alexa, Good for Pet Hair,...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is iRobot Roomba 677?
The Roomba 677 saw its release as an immediate upgrade from the Roomba 675. This Roomba has pretty much the same features as the Roomba 675.
This feature was the basis of the advanced room navigation in the later models.
Both the Roombas run for 90 minutes after charging for two hours. They also possess an RCONN Sensor, which helps the Roomba connect with the charging dock.
One disadvantage of this Roomba is that it cannot clean carpets well. Dirt that is lodged in the fabric cannot be removed easily.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||iRobot Roomba 677 Smart Wi-Fi Connected Multisurface Robot Vacuum with Alexa Connectivity and Pet...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||iRobot Roomba 694 Robot Vacuum-Wi-Fi Connectivity, Personalized Cleaning Recommendations, Works with...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between iRobot Roomba 675 and iRobot Roomba 677
- The Roomba 675 does not possess the Dual Mode Virtual Barrier that allows one to exert more control over the movement of the Roomba. This software is present in the Roomba 677.
- The Roomba 675 is quite noisy while cleaning. However, the Roomba 677 is much quieter.
- The Roomba 675 costs less in comparison to the Roomba 677.
- The Synchronization between the app and the Roomba 677 is much better than the Roomba 675. All schedules are followed accurately.
- The colour of the Roomba 675 is full black. This is not the case with the Roomba 677, as it has a grey head.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.