From the morning till evening whomever we talk to in a metro city all the young people talk about Java, Core Java and other programming languages. The whole world is moving on these applications and the tools based on these programs.
Core Java is also Java but it is Java’s standard version. Though there are many editions in Java, core java is the foundation.
Even students in school can learn this Core Java. To learn Java, we must have some knowledge in Object Oriented Programming.
Java vs Core Java
The main difference between Java and Core Java is that Java is a programming language which is used for developing applications and applets. Core Java is the basic and raw form of Java which is used for designing application software for desktop as well as server environments.
Comparison Table Between Java and Core Java (in Tabular Form)
|Parameters of Comparison||Java||Core Java|
|Platform||Cross Platform||Computing Platform|
|Application||Mobiles, Websites, Servers and all||Enterprise levels in desktop and in server|
|Programming Language||Object Oriented Programming||Java Standard Edition|
|Packages||Java, Lang, awt, Javax||Java.lang.|
|Level||Basic||Advanced which deals in-depth|
What is Java?
Java, we can see this everywhere like in the mobiles, parking tickets, computers and literally in everything. From the moment we wake up till we sleep we live with Java and we work with Java.
Java is very simple but it is very powerful. Not one or two but millions of devices all around the world are using this.
It is readable and all the android apps are made with this Java. There is a famous slogan about Java because when you write the program once then we can use it anywhere and there is no need to recompile again and again.
This means we can use java in any kind of appliance that supports Java.
What is Core Java?
In other words, this is Java’s purest form. We have heard the term API which extends as Application programming interface.
Many general-purpose API’s are in used in this language. This also uses some of the special purpose API’s.
When we go deep into this core java it is not just a programing language but it is a complete package or an amalgamation of some libraries. As this is a part of Java, this has wide applications in both the general applications and also in the special purpose applications.
The name itself indicates that it is java but to the core level. So, using this we can learn the java’s core functionalities and to the deeper levels of Java.
This also covers most of the concepts like wrapper class and lists like array list, linked list and so on.
Main Differences Between Java and Core Java
- When it comes to the differences, Java has all the programming that is based on one of the high- level language called the object-oriented programming. It contains all the syntax that is derived from the C language and also the C++ languages.
- And in the same basic case, core java is a part and parcel of Java. Hence it is widely used in the various ways of developing codes that are portable which have a wide range of applications in desktop and also in environments of server.
- The platform of Java and Core Java are also different. Java uses a cross platform for the devices that are compatible java.
- And when we compare Java with other types programming languages, java has some implementation dependencies, this is why Java is designed. Core Java also uses Java as computing platform which is again used for the development of the java applications for both servers and also for desktops.
- Java is a secure programming language and it is also robust. Java is chosen as an independent of platform programming language and for this reason it is used in millions of applications like websites, servers, payphones and many others.
- Core java is nothing but the standard edition of Java. That is the reason it is named as Java Standard Edition Java SE.
- This has a wide range of application in an enterprise level of like the desktops and also for servers.
- Learning Java requires only basics and can be learned by the beginners. In the latter case core java includes some concepts of object-oriented programming, multi-threading, polymorphism and others.
When Java and Core java are compared, then we see no difference between them as core java is a part and parcel of java. But the difference is core java has in-depth detailing of java and also an amalgamation of few other programs.
Based on java programming language there are three computing platforms and one among the three is Core Java. Core Java also contains development tools like virtual machine.
Java is started as a simple language for internet but this java turned into a cross platform language that is developed ever before. Because of its ease of operation and access Java is being widely used all over the world.
Core Java is called the standard edition of java because all the other Java editions came from this.
Whatever the device we see there is java in it. Even in the development of apps we use java.
This class-based programming language which is in high-level is developed by Sun Microsystems and in the later stages it is taken by the Oracle Corporation.
Java is also used in the development of various applets and is architecturally neutral and is portable. Java and core java and other editions are all capable of executing the high-performance applications.
Automatic garbage collector is used by Java in order to manage the memory of the object life cycle.
Java is also used in making servlets which are used for the web development. Core java has applications in java and in other editions, one class of java can be extended to another class so this is called as inheritance of Java.
Java satisfies all the conditions for a safe, secure and robust use.
Key Differences Between Java and Core Java (PDF Format)
Download the key differences in .PDF format, to read or print them later:
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Table of Contents