Alcohol is a chemical(ethanol or ethyl alcohol) reaction found in several drinks, which causes drunkenness. It is primarily made through the process of fermentation.
Alcoholic drinks have a wide range of different drinks like beer, wine, whisky, rum, vodka, brandy, cognac, etc… Every drink has its peculiar taste with an introductory taste of alcohol. Among all these stiff drinks, scotch whisky is a drink which has an elite element and is ideal for ordinary people as well.
- Johnnie Walker Red Label is a blended Scotch whisky known for its bold flavor and versatility, often used in mixed drinks or cocktails.
- Johnnie Walker Black Label is a more premium blended Scotch whisky, aged for at least 12 years, known for its smooth, complex flavor profile, and often enjoyed neat or on the rocks.
- Both Red Label and Black Label are products of the Johnnie Walker brand, but they differ in flavor, the aging process, and preferred consumption methods.
Johnnie Walker Red Label vs Johnnie Walker Black Label
Johnnie Walker Red Label is a variety of scotch whisky made by Johnnie Walker, which is a non-aged whisky with a blend of 35 grains and malt whiskies. Johnnie Walker Black Label is a type of scotch whisky made by Johnny Walker, which is aged 12 years and has a blend of 40 whiskies.
The most beloved brand for scotch whisky is Johnnie Walker. This brand serves a wide range of whiskies which are recommendable across the world.
|Parameters of Comparison||Johnnie Walker Red Label||Johnnie Walker Black Label|
|Blend||A blend of 35 grains and malt whiskies.||A blend of 40 whiskies.|
|Age||Non-aged whisky||Aged for 12 years|
|Price||Rs. 2910.01 per 750 ml||Rs. 5190.00 per 750 ml|
|Colour||Orange brownish colour||slightly dark brown colour.|
|Taste||Strong taste||Mild taste|
What is Johnnie Walker Red Label?
Johnnie Walker is an elite brand of scotch whisky. The red label is one variety of scotch whisky among all productions of Johnnie Walker.
The red label is one the most admired scotch whiskies around the world. It is the best-selling scotch whisky since 1945, available in over 180 countries.
Johnnie Walker’s red label has a fascinating history. Primarily, this drink was named ‘special old highland whisky’, but in 1909 it was renamed as Johnnie Walker red label. The red label is an alcoholic drink with 40% ABV in it.
The red label has bold and versatile flavours, and taste buds can sense the taste of the sweetness of vanilla with cinnamon and the essence of white pepper. The uniqueness of the blend gives it a hot smokey flavour. It is a type of whisky which is suited with soda.
The red label is one of the most trusted and elite scotch whiskies in the world; it is so admired that it has received more than thirty awards. Three golds at international wine and spirit.
What is Johnnie Walker Black Label?
Johnnie Walker is a brand of scotch whiskies, and black label is another variety of this brand. Black label is scotch whisky admired across the world.
As the name suggests black label, the colour of this scotch whisky is dark and intense. It is also believed that the consumers themselves chose the name.
It is 80 proof blend of 40 different whiskies, aged twelve years. This liquor contains 40% ABV.
The taste of Johnnie Walker’s black label is admirable as it will give a sense of the intense sweetness of vanilla followed by orange zest and a beautiful aroma of spice and raisins layered with rich smoke, peat and malt. It has the complex richness of dark fruits and the sweetness of vanilla with well-balanced smokiness and aroma.
Main Differences Between Johnnie Walker Red Label and Johnnie Walker Black Label
- Johnnie Walker’s red label is a blend of 35 grains and malt whiskies, whereas Johnnie Walker’s black label is a blend of 40 whiskies.
- The red label is non-aged whisky; on the contrary black label is a twelve years aged whisky.
- The red label has a mild orange-brown colour, and the black label is slightly dark brownish.
- The red label has a strong smoky flavour as it contains pepper essence; on the other hand, the black label is mild in taste as it contains the sweetness of cinnamon.
- Johnnie Walker’s black label is more expensive ( Rs. 5190.00 per 750 ml) than Johnnie Walker’s red label(Rs. 2910.01 per 750 ml).
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.