Regarding the battle of budget tablets, two of the key names are Microsoft Surface Go 2 and iPad. In the matter of battle-winning, it is a bit more complicated than saying one is much better in comparison to the other.
Which tablet works best is completely dependent on the needs.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 and iPad are two of the great machines but offer only a certain amount of flexibility. A versatile system is pretty much there and offers much more for the price compared to a budget laptop.
This article focuses on differentiating Microsoft Surface Go 2 and iPad to choose the best for your needs.
- Microsoft Surface Go 2 is a versatile 2-in-1 tablet that runs Windows 10, while iPad is Apple’s flagship tablet that operates on iPadOS.
- Surface Go 2 offers the flexibility of a detachable keyboard, built-in kickstand, and support for a stylus. At the same time, iPads are known for their streamlined design, vast app ecosystem, and integration with other Apple products.
- Both devices cater to different user needs and preferences, with the Surface Go 2 being more suited to productivity tasks and the iPad excelling in entertainment and ease of use.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 vs iPad
The difference between Microsoft Surface Go 2 and iPad is their dimensions. Microsoft Surface Go 2 provides a length of 9.7 in, a width is 6.9 in, and at last, its height is 0.3 in. On the other hand, the iPad offers a length of 9.8 in, a width is 6.8 in, and a height is 0.3 in.
When it comes to outside about the Microsoft Surface Go 2, not much has changed. It is built on similar principles of design as other surface devices.
On the back, it has a brilliant kickstand that generally extends up to 165 degrees.
iPad is a tablet computers lines that are marketed, developed, and designed by Apple Inc. It runs the mobile operating systems of iPadOS and iOS.
As of 2020’s second quarter, it is the most popular computer tablet by sales. More than 500 million iPads as of September 2020 have been sold by Apple.
|Parameters of Comparison||Microsoft Surface Go 2||iPad|
|Weight||1.2 pounds||1.1 pounds|
|Processor||Intel Pentium Gold 4425Y and 8th Gen Intel Core M3||A12 Bionic|
|Stylus||Surface pen||Apple pencil|
|Storage||64GB eMMC and 128GB SSD||32GB and 128GB|
|Keyboard||Type cover||Smart keyboard|
What is Microsoft Surface Go 2?
Microsoft developed a tablet computer that is 2-in-1 detachable, namely Surface Go 2. It is the Surface Go’s second generation and has been superseded in Oct 2021 by the Surface Go 3.
From May 12, 2020, it was available for purchase.
But with improved performance, battery life, and a larger 10.5-inch display, one specific model performs faster than the original 64%. It is the first time in this small device a processor of Intel Core M is offered.
To the small lineup of the surface, this model is the addition number 5. Its goal is toward children, enterprises, students, and schools.
Compared to Microsoft Surface Go 2, it features a bigger screen. The cheaper models have a processor of Intel Pentium Gold.
Microsoft Surface Go 2 features a fanless and new processor, namely the 8th Gen of Intel Core m3. The power delivery consists of USB C and Surface Connect ports.
An infrared sensor on the front-facing camera supports login with Windows Hello.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||New Microsoft Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Pentium - 4GB Memory - 64GB - Wifi -...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||New Microsoft Surface Go 2 - 10.5" Touch-Screen - Intel Pentium - 8GB Memory - 128GB SSD - Wifi -...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is an iPad?
An iPad is a PC tablet that is mainly designed by Apple Inc. It features a 10.2-inch touch screen that allows users to interact with finger strokes directly.
It is a portable device that can be used for watching movies, web browsing, playing games, listening to music, reading eBooks, among other things.
When it comes to the most notable features, it offers a massive number of applications, long battery life, and a vibrant display.
This device is also equipped with sensors of the environment, like a magnetometer, ambient light sensor, and accelerometer. Through the Apple App Store, this device can download the application.
Web browsing is generally carried out through the web browser of Safari. Since it has an accelerometer, browsing the web and other applications can be done in either portrait or landscape mode.
All of the 350,000 apps are for the iPhone can also run on this device.
For applications that fail to install through the App Store, a method, namely jailbreaking, is generally used by hackers. In the US, this method is considered legal but discouraged by Apple.
The operating system of iOS mobile mainly runs on the iPad.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Apple iPad (10.2-Inch, Wi-Fi, 32GB) - Space Gray (Renewed)||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Apple iPad Air 2, 16 GB, Space Gray (Renewed)||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Microsoft Surface Go 2 and iPad
- In terms of dimensions, Microsoft Surface Go 2 provides a length of 9.7 in, a width is 6.9 in, and at last, its height is 0.3 in. On the flip side, the iPad offers a length of 9.8 in, a width of 6.8 in, and a height of 0.3 in.
- Microsoft Surface shows the great value of the camera Go 2 with its selfie-shooting front camera of 5 megapixels, which captures photos much clearer than the 1.2-megapixel camera of the iPad.
- Both the Microsoft Surface Go 2 and iPad have headphone jacks, but in connectivity, Microsoft Surface Go 2 beats iPad with micro-SD, USB-C, and surface connector, while the only lightning port is on the iPad.
- The 10.5 inches Microsoft Surface Go 2’s display measure is 1920 X 1280 pixels. On the other hand, the iPad’s 10.2 inches got it beat on resolution with its pixel panel of 2160 X 1620.
- When it comes to battery life, Microsoft Surface Go 2 offers a runtime of 11 hours 39 minutes which is beaten by the battery life of the iPad with 12 hours 57 minutes.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.