Microsoft office standard and office professional are two MS Office systems commonly used to do projects, reports, and documents on computers, laptops, mobile phones, etc. They consist of some applications for this purpose which are used widely worldwide by all kinds of people.
- MS Office Standard is a basic version of Microsoft Office, while Office Professional has advanced features.
- Office Professional includes applications like Access, Publisher, and Skype for Business, which are not in Office Standard.
- While both versions are suitable for personal and business use, Office Professional suits larger organizations with more advanced needs.
MS Office Standard vs. Office Professional
The difference between Microsoft office standard and Microsoft office professional is their software applications. The standard version offers only PowerPoint, excel, word, and Outlook, which are generally used for essential purposes like schoolwork, small business projects, etc. At the same time, the professional version contains PowerPoint, excel, word, outlook, and Skype for business use by more professional users.
Microsoft Office standard is a system of MS Office that provides some basic applications for creating projects, documents, etc., on computer systems.
It is used by students studying in schools and colleges for home purposes and for small business projects. It consists of PowerPoint, Excel, word, and Outlook. It also gives access to the web versions of Word, PowerPoint, and access.
Microsoft office professional is the MS Office system that provides more facilities than the basics. This system is commonly used for big businesses, professional marketing, etc.
This is the professional version of Microsoft Office standards. It consists of Access, PowerPoint, excel, word, outlook, and Skype for business. It also provides web access to these applications.
|Parameters of Comparison||MS Office Standard||MS Office Professional|
|Definition||It is a system of MS Office that provides some basic applications for creating projects, documents, etc.||The MS Office system provides some more facilities than the standard one.|
|Uses||Used for basic work by small businesses, school, and college students, and even for home purposes.||Used for more professional work by big businesses and professional marketing.|
|Applications||Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher.||Access Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Skype for business and publishers.|
|Tools||Available in a drop-down menu.||Task-based menus are displayed automatically.|
|Outlook||Have Basic features.||Have advanced features.|
|Video conferencing||Not available||Available|
What is MS Office Standard?
Microsoft Office standard is a system of MS Office that provides some basic applications for creating projects, documents, etc., on computer systems. These applications are used widely worldwide by all kinds of people.
It is commonly used by students studying in schools and colleges for home purposes and small business projects. In the standard version, the tools are generally in the drop-down menu, where a person can select any tool for their current need.
It provides a particular application to the users, such as Word. Ms. Word is a famous MS Office application for creating projects, documents, notes, assignments, letters, etc. It is straightforward to use. Another application that MS Office Standard provides is PowerPoint.
The application represents the data in slides through pictures, texts, videos, animations, graphs, etc. The standard version also consists of ms outlook, used for sending and receiving emails, organizing and managing emails, contacts, and a person’s calendar.
And the fourth application is Ms excel, in which one can store data in spreadsheets containing many rows and columns. MS Office Standard is a useful system for storing and sharing content.
MS Office Office Professional?
Microsoft office professional is the MS Office system that provides more facilities than the basic one. This system is commonly used for big businesses, professional marketing, etc.
This is the professional version of Microsoft Office standards. It consists of some applications for its users like Access, PowerPoint, excel, word, outlook, and Skype for business. It also provides web access to these applications.
Apart from the few same applications as the standard version, MS Office Professional offers more applications like Access, which is used to provide various tools for searching, sorting, creating, and formatting data.
The professional version of the Outlook app has even better features than the standard version. It helps instant search any e-mails and provides a “to-do” bar that displays organized information about tasks and new e-mails.
The office professional also automatically displays a tasks-based menu and toolbar, making it easier to work on.
Main Differences Between MS Office Standard and Office Professional
- MS Office Standard is generally used to do basic work for small businesses, schools, colleges, and even home-based work. In contrast, MS Office Professional is used to do professional tasks such as for big corporations, professional marketing, etc.
- In the standard version, the tools are in the drop-down menu, where users must select the required tools. Whereas in the professional version, the taskbar is displayed automatically, making it easier to use,
- The standard version and the professional version have the Outlook application; however, this has more features than the professional version.
- Ms office Standard provides software applications like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, and Publisher. In addition to these applications, the professional version includes Access and Skype for business.
- The professional version provides users with HD video conferencing benefits, whereas the standard version doesn’t.
Conclusion these software applications.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.