Brands promise to be the best, most innovative, and most durable. People build their trust in a brand and expect it to provide quality service. Brands prosper on the foundation of people’s faith. Such two brands are Nike and Puma.
Both of these brands are manufacturers of footwear, apparel, and accessories. Both of these competing brands are very much successful and extraordinary.
- Nike is an American multinational corporation that designs, develops, and sells athletic footwear, apparel, and equipment.
- Puma, on the other hand, is a German multinational corporation that designs and manufactures athletic and casual footwear, apparel, and accessories.
- While both companies focus on sports and fitness, Nike has a larger market share and a wider product range. At the same time, Puma is known for its stylish designs and collaborations with fashion designers.
Nike vs Puma
The difference between Nike and Puma is that Puma fails to offer the innovative design and style and the uniqueness which Nike offers nonchalantly. Both brands have modern technologies to provide you with the best comfort and quality, but Nike always stands out from its competitors with the help of its unique approach and efforts.
Nike is an American company widely famous worldwide for manufacturing world-class sportswear. Its unique styles and trends fascinate everyone. Their comfortable, flexible shoes take care of your feet and give you a walk experience you never had before.
The brand value of Nike is approximately 34.8 billion U.S. dollars.
Puma is a German sportswear brand. They are very fashionable and thus popular among the young generation. They have successfully combined sports and fashion in their collection and therefore made significant progress in the competition with other brands.
They claimed their place in the business rapidly and firmly.
|Parameters of Comparison||Nike||Puma|
|Founded Headquarter Revenue Collection Cost Position||Nike was founded on 25 January 1964.||Puma was founded in 1948.|
|Headquarter||Nike’s headquarter is in Beaverton, Oregon, United States.||Puma’s headquarter is in Herzogenaurach, Germany.|
|Revenue||Nike’s revenue is US$ 18.6 billion.||Puma’s revenue is US$ 4 billion.|
|Collection||Nike has a vast collection, and it makes unique shoes for every season and situation.||Puma also has a vast collection, but it is not known to make shoes for every season like Nike.|
|Cost||Nike is costly.||Puma is comparatively inexpensive.|
|Position||Nike is the world’s largest sportswear company. Puma’s rank is third in the list of the world’s largest sportswear companies.||Puma’s rank is third in the list of the world’s largest sportswear companies.|
What is Nike?
Nike, the American sportswear manufacturing company, is the world’s largest. Formally it was known as Blue Ribbon Sports. Later it took its name from the Greek goddess of victory, Nike, and became Nike Inc.
We can undoubtedly say that the name justifies itself as the brand comes out victorious in the race with the other sportswear brands.
Nike’s vast collection can fulfil all your demands. Their unique technologies give your feet the best comfort. Their Air technology makes the shoes comfortable and light, and the rubber makes them long-lasting.
The shoes’ design, style, and function make the brand excellent and one of a kind.
With the changing times, the brand took many environmental decisions and sustainable efforts. As a result, the brand was successful to lowers its Carbon Dioxide footprint in the year 2010. They also recycle their shoes, and their products use polyester made from plastic.
Their innovative approach towards the brand keeps the brand ahead in the race.
Nike does its marketing by sponsoring European football clubs such as Arsenal and Barcelona. Nike’s logo, the swoosh, bestows the adrenaline rush one expects from sports brands.
Their slogan, “Just Do It”, is probably behind their innovative doings, as they are flawlessly and constantly doing it.
To enjoy the best quality, one has to pay a handsome prince. Nike shoes are not for everyone as they are costly and sometimes alleged to be more expensive than their value.
What is Puma?
Starting from scratch, Puma, the German brand, is now one of the leading brands for sportswear. It is one of the fastest-growing companies, and now it is standing with top companies like Nike and Adidas. Puma has become a competitor of Nike due to its rapid growth.
Puma gained popularity among the masses with its reasonable prices and stylish urban outlook. Puma provides the same amount of comfort as Nike with almost the same quality and costs less.
Expensive shoes are bound to be the best; Puma smashes this impression and proves that providing quality at an affordable price is possible.
In the World Cup of 2006 in Germany, 11 out of 32 countries wore Puma jerseys. The brand’s logo shows a fierce jumping puma, and just like the logo, the brand takes a long leap and reaches its goal of success.
Main Differences Between Nike and Puma
- Nike is known for making unique shoes, and its collection is vast. Puma also has an impressive collection, but when compared with Nike, it can not win.
- Nike is costly, and people often complain that it is more expensive than its value. On the other hand, Puma is known to have a reasonable price for its quality shoes.
- Nike only gives military discounts; other than that, the brand offers no different values. But puma is famous for providing deals and promotions. Thus it is more popular with ordinary people.
- One can get any shoes from Nike; it offers all kinds of shoes that meet your needs and requirements. The brand’s variety will not fail to seize your awe. Despite having an extensive collection, Puma fails to offer as much as Nike.
- Nike shoes are best for sports, but Puma marks its uniqueness by blending sports and fashion. Puma shoes are comfortable and, at the same time, fashionable.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.