Photography and capturing the moment is one of the best things nowadays. Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 are two amazing compact cameras launched by Nikon that provide tremendous resolution and picture quality. Although these two vary from each other in a few aspects, which include zoom capabilities, s6200 can achieve nearly 10X optical zoom whereas, s6100 is simply 7X optical zoom.
Nikon Coolpix S6100 vs S6200
The difference between Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 is that Nikon Coolpix s6100 has a 3-inch touchscreen interface that facilitates the user to interact with the screen directly. S6100 is user-friendly with the advantage of the enormous VR image stabilization that helps the user to capture astonishing pictures. On the contrary, Nikon Coolpix s6200 launched in the market with 10X optical zoom capability. The screen of this camera is 2.7-inches, which is a bit smaller than s6100. For navigation, you have to rely on a set of buttons provided on the right side of the screen.
Nikon Coolpix s6100 is a high-performance, user-friendly compact camera first introduced in the market in the year 2011. It is a 16.0MP camera with in-built image stabilization and 7X zoom capability. This compact sensor camera allows the user to record HD movies in 720p.
Nikon Coolpix s6200 is a compact digital camera introduced in the market by Nikon with 10X optical zoom capability. The screen of s6200 is a bit small, that is 2.7-inches, with a set of a button on the right side of the camera screen that facilitates the navigation while attending to the camera.
Comparison Table Between Nikon Coolpix S6100 and S6200
|Parameters of Comparison||Nikon Coolpix S6100||Nikon Coolpix S6200|
|Touchscreen||S6100 has a touchscreen interface that facilitates the user||S6200 does not have a touchscreen interface|
|Optical Zoom||7X Zooming capability||10X Zooming capability|
|Storage File System||DPOF, EXIF, DCF||EXIF|
|Number of Shots||210 shots||250 shots|
What is Nikon Coolpix S6100?
Coolpix s6100 was first introduced in the market by Nikon in the year 2011 with a 3-inches touchscreen panel interface. This user-friendly compact camera facilitates the user to conveniently interact with the touchscreen and avoid repetitive presses.
Technical specifications of Coolpix s6100 include:
- 16.0 million effective pixels with nearly 16.44 million image sensors.
- 7.0X zoom lens and effective glass lens with 28mm wide-angle coverage.
- The advanced VR image stabilization facilitates the user to capture amazing pictures
- inbuilt animated character effects, and it also allows the user to create slideshows.
- Coolpix s6100 has an enormous feature that helps the user to record HD movies at 720p with stereo sound in just one touch.
What is Nikon Coolpix S6200?
Introduced by Nikon, this compact digital camera is launched with 10X zoom capability and a 2.7-inches screen. The functioning and navigation of this camera depend on a set of the button which is provided on the right side of the screen. In the digital zoom aspect, s6200 can manage up to 2X. This compact camera can record movies at 1280×720 pixels (720p) resolution and support various types of memory cards like SD, SDXC, SDHC.
Specification of Coolpix s6200 are:
- 1280×720 pixels (720p) Resolution that allows the user to record amazing HD movies
- EXIF Storage File System
- 74MB inbuilt memory
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Exposure Modes include Program mode and Scene Mode
- 2.7 inches Display size with a set of the button on the right side of the screen for the navigation
- 4.6 meters flash range
- CCD Sensor
- 10X Optical Zoom
- USB and HDMI Connectivity
Main Differences Between Nikon Coolpix S6100 and S6200
- Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 are two compact camera models introduced and launched by Nikon. These two cameras vary from each other in screen size. Coolpix s6100 has a 3-inch touchscreen that facilitates the user to easily access all the features and avoid the typical repetitive presses while scrolling the menu. On the contrary, Coolpix s6200 has a 2.7-inch screen with a set of buttons on the right side for navigation.
- Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 have different zooming capabilities. The optical zoom of Coolpix s6200 excels over s6100 as it can achieve nearly 10X optical zoom, while on the other side, s6100 can attain up to 7X. The requirement of the zooming capability of the camera varies from user to user.
- In digital zoom, the Coolpix s6200 can manage only up to 2X. On the contrary, Coolpix s6100 has 4X digital zoom. This digital zoom is one of the least used features. It is used by the user when there is no other option. In most cameras, it is important to exhaust the optical zoom capability before using or employing the digital zoom.
- Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 are operated on a rechargeable Li-ion battery and support various types of memory cards, including SDHC, SD, and SDXC. These two compact digital cameras have different storage file systems. Coolpix s6100 has EXIF, DCF, DPOF storage file systems that facilitates the user to easily store their pictures and images. On the contrary, Coolpix s6200 has an EXIF storage file system.
- The number of shots captured by the camera varies from one another. Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 have the same frame rate, which is 30, but they offer a different number of shots which consequently affect the choice of the user. The number of shots offered by Coolpix s6100 is 210 shots, and on the other side, the shots offered by Coolpix s6200 are 250.
Nikon Coolpix s6100 and s6200 both are good choices and have identical capabilities. The user can take their decision by analyzing their requirement. They can decide if they want to have a touchscreen interface, easy navigation or an extended optical zoom. Both of these cameras have specific features and capabilities that fit well according to the need and the usage of the user.