These days people rely more on the internet due to the luxury they are getting – from food on wheels to shopping. Everything is available now at the doorstep with just a few clicks. And with this, the demand for e-commerce websites is also increasing.
But to start an e-commerce website, one has to look for many things, including a dropshipping plugin.
For example, one wants to start an e-commerce website, so he/she needs sellers; after meeting the needs, the owner looks for orders. So when a buyer places an order, the owner asks the seller to ship it to the buyer’s address by providing them with adequate money.
Now for a smooth shipping cycle, the right dropshipping plugin should be there that can continue this.
So to meet these needs, Oberlo and Dropified are apt but have differences.
- Oberlo is a Shopify app that allows users to import products from AliExpress, while Dropified is a standalone platform that integrates with multiple e-commerce platforms.
- Oberlo has a free plan with limited features, while Dropified requires a paid subscription.
- Dropified offers more advanced features, such as bulk product importing and automated order fulfilment, while Oberlo is more user-friendly for beginners.
Oberlo vs. Dropified
Oberlo is a dropshipping app that was created exclusively for the Shopify platform. It allows Shopify store owners to import products from AliExpress and other marketplaces easily. Dropified, on the other hand, is a standalone dropshipping platform that is compatible with multiple e-commerce platforms including Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce.
|Parameters of Comparison||Oberlo||Dropified|
|Limit To List Products Per Month||Oberlo allows its customers to list 10,000 products. Oberlo Pro, which allows 30,000.||Dropified allows its customers to list 15,000 products, whereas its Pro service allows 50,000.|
|Chrome Extension||Oberlo’s Chrome Extension only allows importing from AliExpress.||Dropified’s Chrome Extension allows working with various marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.Product Customisation|
|Product Customisation||Oberlo does not provide an advanced image editing tool.||Dropified provides the facility of advanced image editing tools.|
|Bulk Orders||Oberlo allows its users to create and sell products in bulk as they do not provide the Auto Place Orders for multiple orders.||Dropified allows its users to select multiple orders, making the order process run in the background.|
|Sale Channels||Oberlo has only one sale channel – Shopify.||Dropified’s sale channels include Shopify, Woocommerce, CommercialHQ, and GearBubble.|
|Supplier Channels||Oberlo has only one supplier channel – AliExpress.||Dropified’s supplier channels include – AliExpress, Alibaba, and 30+ more.|
|Customer Service||Oberlo’s customer support is 24/7 through e-mail, contact support agents, or live webcast.||Dropified only responds during business hours.|
What is Oberlo?
Oberlo is one of the dropshipping plugins which is most popular in the field due to its presence on the Shopify App Store since 2015, and it also indicates that it only supports the users of Shopify.
At the Shopify App Store, it is rated 4.7 stars out of 5. As of now, it has shipped, delivered, or sold over 85 million products worldwide.
The platform has made the hunting of products to sell online easy by giving access to look for various products such as cosmetics, toys, and electronics.
With a few clicks, it also helps to deliver the item directly to the customers. It also provides a free 30-day trial to its users without taking their credit card information.
What is Dropified?
It is yet another software or application that provides easy import service and a feature to manage the drop shipped or directly sold products to the customer in just a few clicks.
Here, without any hassle, one can import and sell products from selected vendors.
In basic words, Dropified helps its customers build a virtual store and then create contact with the suppliers and products. The rest of the things – inventory, packaging, and shipping – are all managed by Dropified.
Due to its automation feature, it guarantees its customers save 20 hours per week, and to get started with it, one only needs to have an e-commerce store with a Dropified account.
Main Differences Between Oberlo and Dropified
- Oberlo lets its customers list 10,000 products monthly, and its Pro service allows 30,000. Dropified allows its customers to list 15,000 products per month and 50,000 with Pro service.
- Oberlo’s Chrome Extension only allows importing from AliExpress. On the other hand, Dropified’s Chrome Extension allows working with various marketplaces like Amazon and eBay.
- With Oberlo, one can change product titles, and descriptions, edit product variants, adjust the weight of the products, change types and tags, and choose products’ images. Still, it does not provide an advanced image editing tool. Dropified provides the facility to edit product titles and prices, compare prices, weights, types, tags, vendor names, and descriptions, and it also gives an advanced image editing tool.
- Oberlo allows its users to create and sell products in bulk as they do not provide the Auto Place Orders for multiple orders. On the other hand, Dropified allows its users to select multiple orders and makes the order process run in the background.
- Oberlo has only one sale channel – Shopify. Dropified’s sale channels include – Shopify, Woocommerce, CommercialHQ, and GearBubble.
- Oberlo has only one supplier channel – AliExpress. On the other hand, Dropified’s supplier channels include – AliExpress, Alibaba, and 30+ more channels.
- Oberlo’s customer support is 24/7 through e-mail, contact support agents, or the live webcast, whereas Dropified only responds during business hours.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.