Graphic designing has become one of the key requirements for the organisations these days as it helps to attract the customers or viewers’ attention on their respective social media platforms.
Table of Contents
Not only firms but also there are several pages or people who too look for persuasive visual content for their accounts.
We can create graphics for blogs, online advertisements or Television advertisements, social media, etc.
So to develop such creative graphics, there are myriad of platforms associated with it. And from them, two of the popular graphic designing platforms are PicMonkey and Canva.
Both of them serve quite a good service to their customers and is equally giving a neck-to-neck fight to each other in the market.
But is also crucial to know about their features and limitations to go ahead with the right choice.
PicMonkey vs Canva
The difference between PicMonkey and Canva is that PicMonkey focuses on photo-editing with basic edits, filters, and overlays. Whereas Canva targets to create graphics suitable for posters, business cards, letterheads, etc.
|Parameters of Comparison||PicMonkey||Canva|
|Primary Focus||It is used and primarily focused on photo editing techniques.||It is primarily focused on producing graphics for posters, cards, announcements, etc.|
|Stock Photos||It has no stock photos available in its library.||It has stock photos available but with paid mode.|
|Image Format and Quality||It provides low, medium and high quality of images while downloading with PNG and JPEG format.||It has no image quality setting while downloading but has three format option – PNG, JPG, PDF.|
|Resize Image||It has no option to resize an image.||It gives the facility to resize the image but in a paid package.|
|Photo Editing||It gives an advance level of photo editing tools and filters to its users.||It gives a basic level of photo editing tools and filters.|
|Direct Share||It allows to directly share on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Email, Pinterest and Tumblr.||It allows to directly share on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Email.|
What is PicMonkey?
It is an online photo editing application which also provides graphic designing services which can be accessed by its users both via a mobile phone (through the application) and laptop or PC (through a web browser).
Coming towards what it offers, PicMonkey has features that incorporate photo editing tools and graphic design.
It also has designed a template for invitation cards, business cards, announcements, etc.
Free users can access most of the features whereas the premium members have the full permission to tools and features of the design and photo editing.
It also includes the sharing and saving of images to social media handles like Facebook, Twitter and Email.
For downloading an image, it provides users with three options to choose the quality of the image – low, medium and high.
What is Canva?
It is associated with graphic designing that allows its users to create business and invitation cards, flyers, posters, Facebook cover and a lot more.
Canva also has pre-designed templates to get ideas and even to use them and customise them. It also has a gallery or library for stock photos that are available at a cost.
It can be accessed via both a mobile application and web browser with an interface that is quite simple and easy to navigate.
Canva is available in three plans – Free plan, Pro plan and Enterprise plan – the last two plans are paid ones.
The picture quality it provides after downloading an image is suitable for social media platforms.
Canva also has introduced a video editing feature on both web and mobile application, which is quite simple with easy tool navigation.
Main Differences Between PicMonkey and Canva
- PicMonkey is much more focused on photo-editing, whereas Canva is primarily focused on graphics.
- PicMonkey does not provide its users with stock photos. Canva has its library that provides its users with stock photos.
- PicMonkey has the image quality option which is basically of three-tier – low, medium and high. Canva has no such picture quality setting.
- PicMonkey images can be downloaded in JPEG and PNG format. On the other hand, images or graphics made it designed in Canva can be downloaded in JPG, PNG and PDF format.
- PicMonkey does not provide the feature to resize an image. Whereas Canva provides the feature to resize the image but only to paid package users.
- As PicMonkey is focused on photo editing, it has advance level tools and filters to edit pictures. But as Canva is more associated with graphics, it only has a basic level of photo editing tools and filters.
- After downloading or completing one project, PicMonkey allows to directly share it on Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Email, Pinterest and Tumblr. Whereas Canva allows to directly share it on Facebook, Twitter, Email and Instagram.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️