Now and then, new dishes are introduced, and some became popular because its taste and nutrients. A recent example of these is the bowls. The 2017 year has been the best for the food sector as meal bowls were introduced and from them are being made. They were introduced in Australia and come in three varieties, Poke Bowl, Buddha Bowl, and nourish bowl.
All these bowls are nutritious and the same time is delicious. They are the perfect example of healthy taste. While all the, are recently introduced, people get confused between them. In this article difference between Poke and Buddha bowl have been cleared so that you can choose between them with all the knowledge.
Poke Bowl vs Buddha Bowl
The difference between Poke Bowl and Buddha Bowl is that the, while poke bowl consists of most of the seafood along with rice on the other hand Buddha bowl generally have vegetable and seeds in it also most of the time it is vegan also. Different ingredients in them lead them to differ in terms of calories and people who eat them (vegetarian and non-vegetarian), and many more.
A poke bowl is a bowl that contains non-vegetarian food items. The main ingredient is tuna fish and rice. Additional ingredients could also be added as per preference. It is in more demand due to its exclusive taste and high calories. It is rich in nutrients, mainly proteins, and fibers.
Buddha Bowl, or Macro Bowl, is a dish served in a bowl and mainly consists of vegetarian and vegan food. It is a full meal in itself and can be eaten at any time of the day. It is rich in carbohydrates and vitamin E and also healthy for all-over development of the body as it has green vegetables and seeds.
Comparison Table Between Poke Bowl and Buddha Bowl
|Parameters of Comparison||Poke Bowl||Buddha Bowl|
|Type of food||Non vegetarian||Vegetarian|
|Contains||Fish, avocado, seeds, etc.||Veggies, and seeds, etc|
|Rich in||Proteins and fibres.||Vitamin E, proteins, carbohydrates, etc.|
|Calories||500-700 calories||400-500 calories|
|Also called||Only called as a poke bowl.||Macro bowl and hippie bowl|
What is Poke Bowl?
A bowl with tuna and other food items is called a poke bowl. Tuna is the star ingredient, making it more special. It also has rice, which is cooked well and place under the toppings.
Although tuna is the main ingredient, it can be replaced by any other fish based on the customer’s preferences. And at the end, seasoning or seeds and sauces are added to give it some extra taste with some green veggies.
Expect all the above ingredients. Poke bowl is not limited to them, any vegetable or seeds or anything can also be added (as it also a customized dish), but basically, the normal poke bowl consists of the above items.
This bowl is famous among the population who loves seafood, especially tuna. In fact, this has resulted in less tuna availability in the market, which eventually made the poke bowl more expensive. But if someone looking for a high-calorie food or dish, this is the best option, due to the presence of seafood it has more than 500 calories in it.
What is Buddha Bowl?
It is a bowl meal, which is very colorful in appearance has all the vegetarian food inside it, served in both hot and cold manner. And contains the following:
- Beans or legumes
- Roasted vegetables
It is a vegetarian as well as a vegan bowl. Therefore, every person can have it. It is very healthy for body development as it contains all the nutrients required for growth, such as carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fibers, etc. In vitamins, it especially has vitamin E, which is very helpful for minting a good immune system and heart as well. It very easy to be made and can be made at home too with all the above-mentioned ingredients which are easily available and affordable at the same time.
Benefits of Buddha Bowl include:
- It is good for eye health as it is rich in antioxidants.
- Beneficial for skin and hair as it contains Vitamin E.
- Fulfill the requirement of fluid in our body as it is highly hydrating.
- Control the cholesterol level.
- Have anti-aging properties.
- Increase metabolism and boost immunity.
- Great for the digestive system.
Main Differences Between Poke Bowl and Buddha Bowl
- Poke Bowl is more suitable for people who eat non-vegetarian too, as it contains non-vegetarian food mostly. This also limits its reach to a certain section of the customer while Buddha bowl can be eaten by anyone as it is vegetarian and sometimes also vegan.
- Poke bowl consists of rice, salmon, ginger, seaweed, sesame, tuna, edamame, and many other veggies and sauces, while Buddha bowl consists of grains, veggies, and seeds, etc.
- As poke bowl has the main ingredients like fish, it is rich in proteins most and also other fibers also. On the other hand, Buddha Bowl is healthy for the eyes, contains Vitamin E, carbohydrates, and all the nutrients of vegetables.
- The presence of tuna fish makes Poke Bowl more expensive as tuna fish is very less available in the market while Buddha bowl is not that much expensive when compared.
- Poke bowl has more calories (around 500 to 700) than any other bowl due to non-vegetarian content in it, whereas Buddha Bowl has comparatively fewer calories (around 400 to 500).
- Buddha bowl is called with more than one name that includes Macro bowl and hippie bowl while Poke Bowl is only called by one name.
Therefore, now there is no confusion between both the bowls. They both have been top when it comes to healthy food, and that is the reason it has been among the most selling food item in Australia since its origination. They can be anytime, in breakfast, lunch or dinner. These are easily available in Australian restaurants. Otherwise, also they are not very difficult to make, it can be prepared at home also as most of the ingredients are easily available.
Except for these two bowls, the third is a nourish bowl. It is the most versatile among the three, as you can add ingredients according to your taste.