Bolt Action rifles are available from the 18th Century. Over time, these rifles formed a formidable firearm during the World Wars too.
Bolt Action: These are a type of rifles that needs manual intervention in handling the cartridges for both loading and unloading.
There are many types of Bolt Action rifles available in the world. The basic functionality in the bolt action remains the same however, there are variants in the form of cartridge chamber and barrels.
The most prominent bolt action rifles are the Remington 700 ADL and BDL.
ADL: Average Deluxe
BDL: Better Deluxe
They both have most of the operations similar. An ADL can be enhanced to BDL with certain changes in the base plate. However, they both differ from one another.
The name as well suggests us that there must be operational ease and better functionality of the BDL rifles.
Remington 700 ADL vs BDL
|Parameter of Comparison||700 ADL||700 BDL|
|Magazine||It has blind magazine. It is fixed.||It has hinged magazine. It can be loaded without even moving the bolt|
|Base Plate||Does not have a baseplate||It has a base plate|
|Stocks||Made of wood or synthetic plastic||Made of only wood|
|Trigger||Cannot be adjusted and it is prefixed for the amount to be shot||The trigger can be adjusted|
|Fore End Cap||ADLs do not have this||They are fitted with Fore-end Cap that acts as a recoil buffer|
What is Remington 700 ADL?
It is a bolt action rifle that was manufactured by the Remington Arms. This series of centre fire bolt action rifles were manufactured in the year 1962.
The Magazine of a 700 ADL is considered blind. As such, it can be opened only from the top.
These rifles are differentiated based on the stocks too. The SPS has high-quality wood and BDL has higher quality compared to SPS too.
This indeed was designed to produce in mass which the American Government preferred that time. When the rifles were made, it was manufactured for the right-handers.
What is BDL?
The base plate that is available in this model facilitates the user to load the firearm without even moving the bolt. The fore-end cap at the tip of the stock is an added device to the BDL.
The trigger system, unlike the 700 ADL, can be adjusted. It is called the X mark pro-trigger system. The BDL was the inspiration to make shotguns in future.
BDL is still the top-grade centre fire hunting rifle even after 50 years. The cartridge chamber had changed the most number of times in the history of BDL so far.
Main Differences Between Remington 700 ADL and BDL
- The main difference between Remington 700 ADL and BDL is the magazine type. The blind magazine type of 700 ADL makes it a bit rigid while BDL has a hinged magazine that makes it flexible to load.
- The Remington 700 ADL does not have a base plate whereas BDL comes with a base plate and that makes it more versatile.
- Both are names for its accuracy, however, the Stocks of ADL are made of wood or plastic while the stock of BDL is made of high-quality wood.
- The fore-end cap unit is not available in the ADL whereas it is the BDL’s first technical advancement in the rifle.
- The trigger of 700 ADL is set for the right amount of pull and it is fixed. The BDL comes with Pro-trigger system, that makes the user adjust the trigger pull too.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️