The widespread love for vehicles has increased and improved over time. The new technology has made transportation better, more fun, and safe for people.
Many big companies are manufacturing new, improvised, and better version with each passing year. One such example of a powerful model is Subaru Forester and Subaru Outback.
Both the models are immense loved and popular but may have a difference in the working, specifications, appearance, space, etc.
- The Forester is a compact SUV, while the Outback is a crossover wagon, offering a slightly different driving experience and design.
- The Outback provides more cargo space and a higher towing capacity than the Forester.
- Both vehicles offer excellent safety features, AWD, and off-road capabilities, making them popular choices for outdoor enthusiasts.
Subaru Forester vs Outback
The difference between Subaru Forester and the Outback is that the Subaru Forester model is smaller in exterior dimensions. The Subaru Forester model is light in weight approximation of about 3,449 pounds. Whereas comparatively, on the other side, the model Subaru Outback is larger in exterior dimensions. The Outback model is heavier and weighs in an approximation of about 3,634 pounds.
Subaru Forester is a model manufactured by the Japanese company Subaru. The model was released in back 1997 and has been improvised with the generations.
The model has been improvised for almost four generations, and when the third generation was launched, the appearance of the car was a bit crossover or SUV.
Outback is also one of the models manufactured by the Japanese company Subaru. It is also a crossover of SUV but with a medium size.
The overall weight of the car is about 3,634 pounds, and that makes it heavier than the other models. It is one of the most popular models manufactured by the company.
|Parameters of Comparison||Subaru Forester||Outback|
|Ride Quality||Less smooth ride||Smoother ride|
|Dimensions||5.5 inches in height||8’’ in height and 1’’ wide|
|Ride Height||The height is a bit high.||It has a feature of command high making the person look ahead better.|
|Style||It seems more like a Sport Utility Vehicle||Like a station wagon|
|Transmission||Subaru Lineartronic CVT from 2014||Subaru Lineartronic CVT from 2010|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||16.6 gallon||18.5 gallon|
|Towing Capacity||1,500 lbs||2,700 lbs|
What is Subaru Forester?
Subaru Forester is one of the models that is manufactured by the Japanese company Subaru, and the model is very popular worldwide.
The model was manufactured to compete with the other models of the company like – Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5. The model provides quite extra space both for legroom and headroom.
The rear passengers have proper comfort while sitting.
The model of the car has an engine of 2.5 litres, the capacity of the fuel storage tank is about 16,6 gallons. The seating capacity of the vehicle is a maximum of 5 individuals.
The model of the vehicle comes in six different exterior colors. The appearance of the vehicle is more like a sports utility vehicle and comes with a towing capacity of around 1,500 lbs.
The overall cost of the vehicle is a bit cheap and has an overall height of 67.5 inches.
What is Outback?
Outback is one of another model that is manufactured by the Japanese Company Subaru. The model gained quite huge popularity after it the released and was launched in the 1990s.
The model of the vehicle was improvised for many generations, and in 1996 it gets an appearance of a crossover mid-sized SUV.
The market competitors for the vehicle are – the station wagons. The vehicle has quite a good space for the legroom and rear passengers.
The vehicle model of the car has an engine of about 2.5 litres, and the storage capacity of the fuel tank of the vehicle is about 18.5 gallons which is more than that of the Subaru Forester.
The seating capacity of the vehicle is for 5 individuals. The towing capacity of the Outback model is 2,700 lbs. The overall cost of the vehicle is costlier because of the lavish features of the car.
The car came in five different exterior colors that are – blue pearl, grey metallic, ice silver, black crystal silica, and crystal white pearl.
Main Differences Between Subaru Forester and Outback
- Subaru Forester is a model by the Japanese company Subaru that gives the riding quality less smooth if it is to be compared on the other hand, with the same company’s other model Outback which gives a smoother ride.
- The dimensions of the Subaru Forester are somewhat around 5.5 inches in height, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the dimension of the Outback is nearly bigger and wide than Forester. It is nearly as high as about 8 inches and wide as about 1 inch.
- The Subaru Forster model of the company is cheaper, whereas compared, on the other side, the Outback model of the company is way costlier than the other model.
- The height of the rider from the ground is quite high in the Subaru Forester, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Outback model of the car has a feature for commanding the rider high and letting them look ahead a way better.
- The physical appearance of the Subaru Forester model is somewhat like that of a sport utility vehicle, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the physical appearance of the Outback model of the company somewhat looks like that of a Station Wagon.
- The Subaru Forester has a Subaru Lineartronic CVT transmission that was built in from the year 2014 in the modal, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Outback model has a Subaru Lineartronic CVT transmission that was built in from the year 2010.
- The Subaru Forester model has less capacity for the storage of fuel. It may store up to 16.6 gallons of it, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Outback model may store up to 18.5 gallons of fuel in the storage tank.
- The towing capacity of the model Subaru Forester is about 1,500 lbs, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the towing capacity of the model Outback is about 2,700 lbs.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.