The liquid is very important for our life, an incompressible fluid. It is one of the fundamental states of matter besides gas, solid and plasma. The liquid doesn’t have a fixed shape and can flow very easily.
Liquids have many uses, such as solvents, lubricants, and coolants. Two types of liquids that are beneficial are Vitamin C serum and Lemon Juice. Both are found naturally in our environment.
For example, Vitamin C is found in food and sunlight, and Lemon is a Citrus fruit.
- Vitamin C serum is a skincare product that contains concentrated vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant that helps brighten and even out the skin tone. At the same time, lemon juice is a natural source of vitamin C that can also be used in skincare but in a less concentrated form.
- Vitamin C serum is formulated to have a lower pH than lemon juice, which makes it more effective at penetrating the skin and delivering its benefits. In contrast, lemon juice can be too acidic for some skin types and may cause irritation or sensitivity.
- Vitamin C serum is a more stable and reliable source of vitamin C for the skin than lemon juice, as it is less prone to oxidation and degradation. In contrast, lemon juice can lose its potency quickly and may not deliver consistent results.
Vitamin C Serum vs Lemon Juice
Vitamin C serum is a skincare product that contains a high concentration of ascorbic acid, a form of vitamin C that is easily absorbed by the skin. Lemon juice contains vitamin C, but in lower concentrations compared to vitamin C serum and can be harsh on the skin and cause irritation or dryness.
Vitamin C Serum is used as an anti-ageing agent, and it helps in maintaining smoothness, glowy, and even skin. Vitamin C was discovered in the year 1912 and was isolated in 1933 to produce it chemically.
Because before that, it was found naturally in different types of foods like strawberries, citrus fruits, guava, broccoli, kiwifruit, Brussels sprouts, and bell peppers. Vitamin C serum is found to be safe for all skin types.
Whether you have oily skin or are hypersensitive (rash may occur), it is very safe to use and has some side effects.
Lemon Juice is extracted from lemon and has been used for thousands of years. Its origin is unknown. It is used in lemonade, cocktails and soft drinks. Lemons are a flowering plant belonging to the family of citrus fruit.
It is popular in South Asia and most commonly found in Northern India. The sour taste of lemon in lemon juices makes it a key ingredient in lemonades and drinks. The origin of the lemon is unknown, but it was believed to be first grown in Assam, India.
|Parameters of Comparison||Vitamin C Serum||Lemon Juice|
|Origin||It was discovered in 1912 by Albert Szent-Györgyi and Walter Norman Haworth.||Its origin is unknown and was grown first time in Assam, Burma and China.|
|pH||It has a pH value ranging from 2.6 to 3.2.||It has a pH value of 2.|
|Side effects||Redness, itching, skin irritation are some of its side effects.||It can cause dryness, peeling of the skin and erode your enamel.|
|Uses||It brightens complexion, makes skin even, reduces wrinkles etc.||It helps in digestion, blood sugar, weight loss etc.|
|Application||It is applied twice a day.||It is healthy to drink lemon juice daily.|
What is Vitamin C Serum?
Vitamin C is also known by the name ascorbic acid. It is very important for our diet in the body. It helps treat Scurvy, which is caused by a Vitamin C deficiency.
It was first discovered in the year 1912 by two scientists who also received a Nobel prize for it. They are Albert Szent-Györgyi and Walter Norman Haworth. It can be found in many foods, but storing Vitamin C for a long time may reduce its effect.
Vitamin C Serums are used because the Vitamins you take are necessary for your body and may not be there in sufficient amounts. That is why Vitamin C Serum is used, and it is very popular.
Because Serum contains a high concentration of Vitamin C, they are used so much and loved by people because it works and is applied to the skin. Applying Serum twice daily (morning and night) will give your skin instant brightness and glow.
All the dark spots present in your skin will disappear if you apply Vitamin C serum.
Vitamin C serum has many uses and is safe on all skin types. It works excellently. It is hydrating. The serum helps to prevent the loss of water in your body and tries to retain moisture. It can make your dull skin glowy and smooth.
Vitamin C serum can be used if you have skin inflammation or redness. It helps in fading hyperpigmentation like age spots, sun spots etc. It boosts collagen production and prevents your skin from sagging, wound healing and sun damage.
What is Lemon Juice?
The species of Lemon is an evergreen tree. It is used for both non-culinary and culinary purposes. Lemon juice is used for both cooking as well as cleaning. It is highly alkaline. It acts as a cleaning agent.
The distinguished taste of lemon, i.e. sour, makes it one of the important ingredients in cocktails, lemonades, Refreshing drinks and lemon meringue pie. The origin of Lemon is unknown but thought to be grown firstly in Assam, China and Northern Burma.
The cultivation of lemon began in Genoa, Europe, in mid 15th century. The term ‘lemon’ comes from Middle Eastern and means lime or nimbu in Sanskrit. Lemon is used for making liquor, garnishing food, zest, pudding, rice etc.
Lemon juice is also used as a preservative and as marinades for fish and meats. In fish, it neutralizes amine and converts it into non-volatile ammonium salts. In meats, it is used for tendering and hydrolyzing collagens.
People have used Lemon Juice for the prevention of viruses and deadly diseases by mixing it with honey and ginger. One tablespoon of lemon juice contains 3 grams of calories and 1 gram of carbohydrates.
It is an excellent source of Vitamin C. Lemon juice is a very rich source of beneficial phytochemicals and has multitudes of health-promoting effects. It also has antifungal and antibacterial properties.
Main Differences Between Vitamin C Serum and Lemon Juice
- Vitamin C Serum was discovered in 1912 by Albert Szent-Györgyi and Walter Norman Haworth. Lemon Juice’s origin is unknown, and it was grown for the first time in Assam, Northern Burma and China.
- Vitamin C Serum has a pH value ranging from 2.6 to 3.2. Lemon Juice has a pH value of 2 and is highly alkaline.
- Redness, itching, and skin irritation are some of the side effects of Vitamin C Serum. Lemon Juice has side effects like it can cause dryness, peeling off the skin and eroding your enamel if taken in higher quantities.
- Vitamin C Serum brightens complexion, makes skin even and toned, reduces wrinkles etc. Lemon Juice helps in digestion, blood sugar, weight loss, preventing kidney stones, freshens breath etc.
- Vitamin C Serum is applied twice a day for glowing skin. Lemon Juice is healthy if drunk daily.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.