Humidifier, as the name suggests this device is used to humidifies the air and is broadly categorized into two categories, namely warm humidifier and cold humidifier. The operation and working of these two humidifiers are different from one another. The cool humidifier is cheaper to operate, and on the other side, the warm humidifier is a heating element and requires more energy.
Warm vs Cool Humidifier
The main difference between warm and cool humidifiers is that a warm humidifier is a heating element that is commonly used to produce steam by heating the water and consequently humidifies the air. It is often used to control or reduce germs and bacteria and to achieve a good, high level of moisture saturation. On the contrary, Cool humidifiers are usually available in ultrasonic and evaporative technologies. They are easy to clear and comparatively cheaper to operate. Cool humidifiers are more energy-efficient and can be considered as safest to use for kids and pets.
The warm humidifier has a heating element which they use to boil water and warm the room air by making the steam. Due to the heating element and steam, it is not safe to be kept near children and pets. This humidifier is used effectively to control and reduce disease-causing bacteria and germs.
Cool Humidifiers are easy to operate and use a fan to humidifies the air, or in other words, the fan is used to evaporate the water into the air. The tank of this humidifier is easier to clean, but the operation would be noisy because the fan of the humidifier dispels the mist. Overall it would be a good choice that an individual can use throughout the year.
Comparison Table Between Warm and Cold Humidifier
|Parameters of Comparison||Warm Humidifier||Cool Humidifier|
|What is it?||It humidifies the room’s air by using the inbuilt heating element and is usually used to control or reduce germs and bacteria and to achieve a good, high level of moisture saturation.||Cool humidifiers are usually available in ultrasonic and evaporative technologies and are easy to clean.|
|Costing||It is comparatively costlier as it required more energy||It is cheaper to operate|
|Operation||It is operated silently because there is no adjacent fan in the humidifier||It is noisier to operate because the fan is used to evaporate water into air|
|Cleaning aspect||It is hard to clean||It is easy to clean|
|Hazard||The heating element used in the humidifier may cause harm or scald to the kids or animals||There is the possibility to diffuse material like minerals and microorganisms in water into the air|
What is Warm Humidifier?
Warm humidifiers are generally used to make steam and warmen the room’s air. This could be done by a heating element which is fitted in the humidifier and boil the water. A warm humidifier is used for controlling and reducing bacteria and germs and consequently helps to achieve moisture saturation.
It is operated and used without any internal fan, which makes it quieter, but the heating element requires more energy, and it could be dangerous if used around kids or animals. Various benefits are associated with installing a warm humidifier, including healthy air and quiet operations. It can work in smaller areas. This type of humidifier works well during the winter months.
What is Cool Humidifier?
A cool humidifier, as the name suggests, uses a fan to evaporate the water into the air and provide a chilling effect and is considered safer for the kids and babies. It is easier to clean, but as the fan is used, the operation would be noisier. Although, there is the possibility to diffuse material like minerals and microorganisms in water into the air
Usually, two types of cool humidifiers are available in the market, namely, evaporative and ultrasonic humidifiers. The Evaporative cool humidifier is operated by using an internal wick filter that consequently absorbs water, and the fan is used to blow the air through the adjacent filter. On the other side, Ultrasonic humidifiers use ultrasonic vibration technology.
Main Differences Between Warm and Cool Humidifier
- Humidifiers are used to provide moisturization to the air. Warm and cool humidifiers are used for their specific purpose. A warm humidifier humidifies the room’s air by using the inbuilt heating element and is usually used to control or reduce germs and bacteria and to achieve a good, high level of moisture saturation. On the contrary, a cool humidifier uses a fan to evaporate the water into the air and provide a chilling effect and is considered safer for kids and babies. It is easier to clean, but as the fan is used, the operation would be noisier.
- Warm and cool humidifiers worked on different technologies and were used for different purposes. Hence the costs of these two vary from each other. The cool humidifier is cheaper to operate and do not consume more energy. On the other hand, a warm humidifier is operated on the heating element, which requires more energy and is considered as costlier as compared to the cool humidifier.
- A warm humidifier operates silently because the heating element does not make any noise. On the other hand, a cool humidifier is noisier because the fan is used to evaporate the water into the air and provide a chilling effect to the room’s air.
- Cleaning and Hygiene play a major role in maintaining the humidifiers. Due to the heating element and the manufacturing design, it is a bit difficult to clean a warm humidifier. On the contrary, a Cool humidifier is operated on the fan, and hence it is comparatively easy to clean them.
- With every electrical appliance, there is some hazard that it may cause to the user. In a Warm humidifier, the hazard would be caused due to its heating element that may cause harm or scalding to the kids or animals and hence it is avoided to be used near kids or babies. On the other side, in a cool humidifier, there is the possibility to diffuse materials like minerals and microorganisms in water into the air.
Humidifiers are used to humidifies the air by adding moisture to it and provide comfort to the user. Both warm and cool humidifiers are equally good to get their job done. You can use or prefer any of these humidifiers according to your need. The warm humidifier works well in the winter season months as it warms the room’s air. On the other side, a cool humidifier operated well by providing the chilling effect, which is preferred in the summer months.
|AskAnyDifference Home||Click here|
Table of Contents