Starting with a healthy diet change? Let us help you in making healthier life choices by summarizing and differentiating between what seems to be the staple breakfast for many countries that is egg beaters and egg whites.
Egg Beaters vs Egg Whites
The difference between egg beaters and egg whites is that egg beaters are a substitute for chicken eggs with egg whites occupying 99% of its composition and ingredients like xanthan gum, guar gum, vitamins & added flavors occupying the rest of the 1%. There is no egg yolk in egg beaters.
Comparison Table Between Egg Beaters and Egg Whites
|Parámetros de comparación||Egg Beaters||Egg Whites|
|Duracion||90 days||60 days|
|Vitamina A||5.2 IU||0 IU|
|Vitamina B12||1.1 ug||0 ug|
|gordo||0 gm||0.2 gm|
- IU – International Units
- ug – Microgram
- gm – gram
What are Egg Beaters?
Eggbeaters are industrially produced substitute products for chicken eggs marketed as a healthier choice due to their no cholesterol content in comparison to a normal egg having 373 mg of cholesterol. The calories are also reduced from 52 to 25 in comparison to egg whites. As a bonus, they also have zero fat content.
They were first introduced in 1972 as a product of “Fleischmann’s Egg Beaters” and were initially sold as a frozen product. In their earlier stages, egg beaters were sold with a little bit of egg yolk. The refrigerated packaging was introduced in the year 1994. People prefer them due to their better shelf life of 90 days and easy portability.
Easy portability is a result of container packing available in various sizes. To provide a better understanding of measurement one-fourth cup of egg beaters is equal to the contents of one egg.
Egg beaters have a shelf life of 90 days beating regular egg whites by 30 days. Longer shelf life combined with different quantities of containers provides a greater advantage to egg beaters over regular egg whites.
People with heart attack risks are prescribed egg beaters instead of normal eggs owing to no cholesterol content. Egg beaters also come in seven different flavors which are Original, 100% Egg Whites, Garden Vegetable, Cheese & Chives, Southwestern Style, Three Cheese, and Florentine.
Encontramos las mejores ofertas en Amazon para ti
|Egg Beaters, Egg Separator, Stainless Steel Egg Whisk and Egg Yolk White Separator Tool; Manual...||Consultar precio en Amazon|
|OXO Good Grips Egg Beater||Consultar precio en Amazon|
|Hand Mixer Electric, Kuopry 7 Speed Hand Mixer Electric Hand Mixer Portable Kitchen Hand Held...||Consultar precio en Amazon|
What are Egg Whites?
Egg white is the transparent, slimy liquid surrounding the yellow-colored yolk. It is also called the albumen or glaire/glair . It is made up of 90% water and 10% of various proteins like albumins, mucoproteins, and globulins.
It is formed from the layers of secretions of the anterior section of the hen’s oviduct during the passage of the egg. We know! Sounds disgusting for a good tasting food item.
Egg whites contain about 56% of proteins present in a whole egg. Contrary to egg yolk, egg whites contain little to no fat and the carbohydrate content is just 1%.
This may come as a surprise to those who consider egg whites as a great source of only protein but they are used to make vaccines for influenza. Egg whites are also used as fining agents in the clarification and stabilization of wine. The late 1700 also witnessed the use of egg whites to prevent swelling.
Egg whites are named glaire because they were used in the gilding process of books to give that outer cover shine. They were even used as a binding agent in early photography and the prints obtained through this process were called albumen prints.
Doctors recommend at least a single egg in the daily diet to maintain a healthy body. Keep your fingers crossed for the day when it is announced, “An egg a day keeps the doctor away.”.
Encontramos las mejores ofertas en Amazon para ti
|365 by WFM, Eggs Liquid Egg Whites Organic, 16 Ounce||Consultar precio en Amazon|
|Amazon Brand - Happy Belly Cage Free Liquid Egg Whites, 16 Fl Oz||Consultar precio en Amazon|
|Organic Valley Liquid Organic Egg Whites, 16 oz||Consultar precio en Amazon|
Main Differences Between Egg Beaters and Egg Whites
- Eggbeaters are industrially produced forms of eggs with added vitamins, flavors, xanthan gum and guar gum while egg whites are manually extracted from regular eggs.
- Egg beaters contain added flavors and vitamins while egg whites are either extracted manually by you or you can buy them from a supermercado but egg whites don’t contain any added ingredients.
- Egg beaters are cheaper in comparison to regular eggs but if you are buying in bulk then regular eggs would be a better option as they come cheap in bulk.
- Egg beaters come in different flavors and can be bought according to your liking while egg whites have the same kind of aroma and flavor all over the world.
- egg beaters are fat-free while egg whites have some hints of fat. So if you are on a strict diet of fat-free food where even the tiniest fat content matters, we would recommend you to give egg beaters a try.
- Egg beaters have 75 mg of sodium while egg whites have 166 mg of sodium. Cutting on sodium can help you to avoid high blood pressure, heart diseases and stroke.
- Egg beaters are low on calories as compared to regular egg whites which can immensely help in maintaining a fit and healthy body in turn protecting you from the worthless accumulation of carbohydrates and fats.
Eggs were staple breakfast items for many centuries in countless countries and they are still used as a base in the majority of bakes and cakes but if you are looking for another source of protein with less heart risks then egg beaters are your best friends.
Eggbeaters are a healthy substitute for eggs which can be easily introduced into our lifestyles due to their better shelf life and portability. Some people might disagree that egg beaters cannot compare to real eggs but the research says otherwise.
Egg beaters are gaining fame due to their versatility and the fact that they can replace eggs in most of the egg dishes . They can even be used as an egg base in bakery which gives them that extra little edge.
If this isn’t good enough to convince you to flip over egg beaters side, Doctors have found egg beaters to be the better mode of nutrition for protein requirements with no intake of cholesterol which is a plus in itself.
Doctors even recommend to include a single egg in our daily diets. Whether you want to go with regular eggs or egg beaters, the choice is completely yours!
Última actualización en 2021-07-29 / Enlaces de afiliados de Amazon / Imágenes de la API de publicidad de productos de Amazon
Tabla de contenido
- 1 Egg Beaters vs Egg Whites
- 2 Comparison Table Between Egg Beaters and Egg Whites
- 3 What are Egg Beaters?
- 4 What are Egg Whites?
- 5 Main Differences Between Egg Beaters and Egg Whites
- 6 Conclusión
- 7 Referencias