Many people don’t understand the concept of Tiempo estándar and Daylight time which is pretty basic. Standard time and Daylight time are a distinguished form of time but are not similar to one another.
Standard time is referred to as the hora local of a region or a country depending upon the position of that region or a country geographically. So, if you live in a country like Germany or India than the time that you read by your usual clock will be the Standard time of that country, but there will be some time difference between the Standard times of these two countries due to their geographical positions.
Standard Time vs Daylight Time
The difference between Standard time and Daylight time is that Standard time is divided into various time zones which are different for different regions and country and Daylight time is advancement or modification in clocks that people do by moving their clocks one hour ahead in summers and setting them one hour back in winters.
Comparison Table Between Standard Time and Daylight Time (in Tabular Form)
|Parámetro de comparación||Tiempo estándar||Hora de verano|
|Concepto||In this, Time is influenced by the position of the earth to the position of the sun due to which different countries and regions experience different Time Zones.||In this, Time is influenced by Human interaction by moving the clock one hour forward in spring and then setting the clock one hour behind in autumn.|
|Positives||This gives the exact duration of day and night of each region and country due to which people can analyze their entire day.||This gives you an extra hour of daylight in which people could explore outdoor activities, be more productive, and enjoy.|
|Negatives||This affects communication between countries and regions of the world which makes it difficult to work together.||This increases one hour of Daylight but decreases one hour of sleep time which causes sleep deprivation in some people.|
|Affect on Economy||This causes people to have different working and sleeping hours due to which people living in different countries cannot work together simultaneously.||This gives a person an extra hour of Daylight in which a person could either work, travel or spend which is overall beneficial to the economy.|
|Origen||It would be right to say that Standard Time is an old concept as old as the civil societies and empires.||Daylight Saving Time is a concept that came in the 18th century suggested by Benjamin Franklin and Henry Hudson.|
What is Pacific Standard Time?
Pacific Standard Time is a specific Standard Time used by some provinces of North America and even Canada during winters. Pacific Standard Time is not used by other Asian countries and European countries.
Pacific Standard Time is behind the Universal Standard Time by approximately 8 hours.
What is Pacific Daylight Time?
Pacific Daylight Time is a specific Standard Time used in Summer in countries located in the Pacific region especially Canada and the USA. Pacific Daylight Time is not used by other countries in the Pacific region like Indonesia, Russia, Peru, and other countries.
Pacific Daylight Time is currently behind the Universal coordinated Standard Time by approximately 7 hours.
Pacific Daylight Time is used by the same states and countries which use Pacific Standard Time in winters like California, Nevada, Washington, British Columbia, Baja.
The main difference between Pacific Standard time and Pacific Daylight time is that Pacific Standard Time is one hour behind than the Pacific Daylight Time.
What is Eastern Standard Time?
Eastern Standard Time also known as Eastern Time Zone is observed and seen in countries like North America, the Caribbean, and even in Central America.
This Standard Time is observed in Winters in these countries.
Eastern Standard Time is behind the Universal Coordinated Time by approximately 5 hours.
What is Eastern Daylight Time?
Eastern Daylight Time is observed in Summers in countries like North America, the Caribbean, and Central America.
Eastern Daylight Time is behind the Universal Coordinated by approximately 4 hours.
The main difference between Eastern Standard time and Eastern Daylight time is that Eastern Standard Time is one hour behind than Eastern Daylight Time.
Main Differences Between Standard Time and Daylight Time
- Standard Time is different for every country and region in the world it is mainly due to the longitude and latitude that affect the geographical position of that region due to which the Standard Time of that region differs. Whereas certain countries follow Daylight Time and certain countries don’t as it is a human-made process which includes modification in clock by moving time one hour ahead in summer and one hour back in Winter.
- Daylight Time which gives one extra hour of Daylight at hand is beneficial because during that one-hour people can travel, indulge in outdoor activities and explore themselves and make themselves productive. Standard Time doesn’t affect most of our activities in a good way or a bad way.
- Standard Time doesn’t affect the Economy in any way but Daylight Time positively affects the Economy as if people get one hour of extra Daylight they like to shop and spend money which is overall good for the Economy.
- Pacific Standard Time is behind the Universal Standard Coordinated Time by approximately 8 hours and Pacific Daylight Time is behind the Universal Standard Coordinated Time by approximately 7 hours.
- Eastern Standard Time is 5 hours behind the Universal Standard Coordinated Time whereas Eastern Daylight Time is 4 hours behind the Universal Standard Coordinated Time.
Standard time and Daylight time is just a system that is created by us to measure time, Standard time cannot be changed or influenced but Daylight time can be changed and influenced by us as it has its benefits and negatives but if anyone uses his/her time efficiently we won’t even need a discussion like this.
Tabla de contenido
- 1 Standard Time vs Daylight Time
- 2 Comparison Table Between Standard Time and Daylight Time (in Tabular Form)
- 3 What is Pacific Standard Time?
- 4 What is Pacific Daylight Time?
- 5 What is Eastern Standard Time?
- 6 What is Eastern Daylight Time?
- 7 Main Differences Between Standard Time and Daylight Time
- 8 Conclusión
- 9 Referencias