Databases are a collection of information that is organized and stored in computers. This helps in easy managing and access of data. It makes it very easy to store the information in an organized way. It removes all the confusion and chaos that is created when large information/data is being stored or kept. Among these are two different databases owned by different corporations, i.e., Oráculo Database and SQL database. Both of them serve the basic functions of databases but have different features and characteristics.
Oracle vs SQL
The difference between Oracle and SQL is the Oracle is a database owned by Oracle Corporation, and SQL is a database created and owned by Microsoft Corporation. Both of them are different in terms of their procedural languages, usage, database sharing, package concept, and many more. Oracle has several advantages over the SQL database; it has more features and is more powerful.
Oracle is a database system produced and marketed by the Oracle Corporation. It is a multi-model database management system that is used for running online transactions and data storing. It is considered one of the most powerful databases. It has few advanced features. It is very complex to use.
SQL or Structured Query Language is a type of language for programming made for retrieving information from the databases. It also serves as sorting and organizing the data. It is simple and easy to use. It can be learned in one week also.
Comparison Table Between Oracle and SQL
|Parâmetros de comparação||Oráculo||SQL|
|Propriedade de||Oracle Corporation.||Microsoft Corporation.|
|Uso||Complex to use||Simple to use.|
|Sharing of databases.||Can share databases||Cannot share databases.|
|Concept of Package||Supports the concept||Has no such concept|
O que é Oracle?
It is a product by Oracle Corporation providing a multi-model relational database management system. Following are the features of Oracle:
- It has features such as Real Application Cluster and Portability, making it more scalable for usage.
- It has the feature of recovering the data from any type of failure.
Importance: it is based on what is demanded by the user, and accordingly, changes are made by adding new features or by improvising the old ones. Oracle Corporation works on it by keeping in mind the latest requirement of technology as well as users.
- Performance: it has the best performance, data is retrieved without any difficulty, it is very powerful, etc.
- Multiple Databases: it can handle multiple databases on a single server. Different methods are provided by this to manage CPU allocations.
- Editions: there are different editions of oracle offered by the corporation. Therefore users can buy which is best suitable according to their needs.
- Clusters: it provides a high data availability system by using the Real Application Cluster. Real Application Cluster has certain benefits such as load balancing and flexibility to increase processing capacity etc.
- Procedural Language: Oracle uses the PL/SQL as Procedural language or programming.
O que é SQL?
Structured Query Language (SQL) by Microsoft Corporation is a database that has the following advantages:
- It can retrieve a large amount of data quickly and easily.
- It is very user-friendly as no coding skills are required for retrieving the data; simple keywords are used with simple syntactical rules.
- It has standard languages providing a uniform platform for the users.
- It can be used in various programs and also can be embedded with other applications as per the requirements.
- Answer to any query is received in very little time, and it is very easy and simple to understand as well as to use.
- It has some difficult interfaces that can lead to difficulty in usage by the users.
- Some versions of SQL are very costly, which everyone cannot afford.
- Complete control of the database is not provided.
- It is used as Business Intelligence Tool all around the world.
- It performs a function such as Data Manipulation and data testing.
- Tools such as Spark and Impala are fully dependent on SQL.
- It is very demanded in industrial skills.
- Used by developers.
- Used by Database Administrators for writing Data Integration Scripts.
- Used for retrieving data and information.
- Used for Insertion, Deletion, and Updation
Main Differences Between Oracle and SQL
- Oracle Database is owned by the Oracle Corporation, whereas SQL Database is owned by the Microsoft Corporation.
- Syntaxes used in Oracle are more complex and efficient, and syntaxes used in SQL are comparatively easier and simpler.
- Oracle uses the PL or SQL languages, and SQL uses the T-SQL language for procedural.
- Job scheduling in Oracle is done by the oracle scheduler, and in SQL, it is done by the servidor SQL Agent.
- Oracle uses the bit map, indexes that are based on function and reverse keys, whereas SQL uses no such bitmap indexes.
- Oracle uses star for query optimization, but SQL has no such query optimization.
- Oracle uses both after and before triggers, but SQL uses only after triggers.
- In SQL, rollback is not allowed during the transaction process, but in Oracle, rollback is allowed.
- Concurrent accesses are not allowed in the SQL, but it is allowed in the Oracle.
- Change values can be changed before the commit in SQL, but in Oracle, values are not changed before the commit.
- In comparison, Oracle has the upper hand in power over SQL.
- Oracle has a concept of packages, but there is no such concept in SQL.
With all the above information, it is crystal clear how both the databases, Oracle and SQL, are different from each other. Despite all the above differences, they have a similarity that they both are rational types of databases.
Database Management System is a group of various programs that help the user to access database; it was first implemented in the 1960s. There are various advantages that DMS provide which include, several techniques to retrieve data, security of details of data representation and storage, and many more. But it has certain disadvantages too.