Over time, technology has created many gadgets and tools for reducing manpower and consuming less time. One of them is computers, which are mostly accessible and affordable for people to work on.
The size and quality of the monitors are necessary to be considered because that helps in increasing the productivity of the work. Dell is one of the companies that manufacture computers, laptops, and notebooks.
- Dell P-Series monitors focus on providing essential features for productivity and affordability, while U-Series monitors emphasize superior color accuracy, resolution, and build quality.
- U-Series monitors professional target users, such as graphic designers, video editors, and photographers, while P-Series monitors cater to general office use.
- Dell U-Series monitors often include features like USB-C connectivity and KVM switching, which are uncommon in the P-Series lineup.
Dell P Series vs Dell U Series
Dell P Series is a Professional series of monitors from Dell Technologies with an IPS panel type and a screen size of 23.8 inches. Dell U Series is a line of monitors that is manufactured by the Dell Company, with a screen size of 24 inches and an IPS panel type. The ‘U’ stands for UltraSharp.
Dell P Series monitors of the Dell company stands for the Professional series of monitors. The screen size of the P Series monitor is about 23.8 inches, and it has an IPS panel type.
The weight of the P series monitors is around 7.19 lbs, which is quite light. The screen display of the P Series monitors is coated by Antiglare with 3H.
Dell U Series monitors that are manufactured by the Dell company stand for the UltraSharp series of monitors. The screen size of the U Series monitors is about 24 inches, and also has an IPS panel type.
The UltraSharp series monitors have a very bright screen display and can be increased up to 300 cd/m2. The screen display is coated by the Antiglare with 3H.
|Parameters of Comparison||Dell P Series||Dell U Series|
|Series||Professional Series||UltraSharp Series|
|Size of Screen||23.8 inch||24 inch|
|Native Resolution||1920 × 1080||1920 × 1200|
|Maximum Brightness||250 cd/m2||300 cd/m2|
|Connectors provided||USB 2.0, 3.0, CGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort||USB 3.0, HDMI, Audio Lineout, Display Port, and mini-DisplayPort|
|Weight (with packaging)||More||Less|
What is Dell P Series?
Dell P Series of monitors are the monitors that stand for the Professional series and are being manufactured under it. The monitors are created with such ease that there is distraction-free viewing.
The exterior design shows that it is developed for workstations and has ultra-thin bezels that increase the display area on its three sides.
The size of the screen of the monitors is around 23.8 inches and has a dull brightness compared to the U series. The brightness of the monitors can be maximized up to 250 cd/m2.
The backside of the monitor panel is the place where different connecting ports are placed. These ports are slightly above the bottom edge of the panel, and they are – USB 2.0, 3.0, CGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort.
The display screen of monitors is coated with Antiglare and 3H (full high definition). The native resolution of the screen is around 1900 × 1080 pixels, and they eventually weigh approximately 19 lbs, including packaging.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Dell P Series 23-Inch FHD 1080p Screen LED-lit Monitor (P2319H),Black||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Dell P Series 21.5" Screen FHD 1080p LED-Lit Monitor Black (P2219H)||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Dell U Series?
Dell U Series monitors are the monitors that stand for the UltraSharp series and are being manufactured under it.
The external design of the Dell U Series resembles the P Series and has ultra-thin bezels on the three side that increases the display area while providing distraction-free viewing.
These are also developed for the workstations and appear very professional. The size of the screen for the U Series is about 24 inches. The monitor has luminescent brightness and can be maximized up to 300 cd/m2.
The rear-view panel or the backside of the monitor is the place where the different connecting ports are present. These connecting ports are near the bottom edge of the panel and are – USB 3.0, HDMI, Audio Lineout, Display Port, and mini-DisplayPort.
The screen display of the monitor has an Antiglare coating with 3H along with a native resolution of about 1900 * 1200 pixels. The monitors of U Series weigh around 7 lb with packaging.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Dell U Series 27-Inch Screen LED-lit Monitor (U2718Q) (Renewed)||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||CPU Cooling Fan Intended for Dell Latitude 5480 5490 Series Laptop Replacement Fan (Only Fits for...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Dell P Series and U Series
- The Dell P Series monitors stand for the monitors of the Professional series, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the monitors manufactured under the Dell U Series are the monitors that stand for the UltraSharp series.
- The size of the screen of the Dell P Series is around 23.8 inches in dimensions, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the size of the screen of the Dell U Series is around 24 inches in dimensions.
- The native resolution of the Dell P Series is about 1920 × 1080 pixels, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the native resolution of the Dell U Series is about 1920 × 1200 pixels.
- Dell P Series monitors have a somewhat dull monitor appearance, and they can be maximized up to 250 cd/m2, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the Dell U Series monitors have an illuminating monitor appearance that can be maximized up to 300 cd/m2.
- The monitor of Dell P Series comes with five different ports, USB 2.0, 3.0, CGA, HDMI, and DisplayPort, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the monitor of Dell U Series also comes with five different ports, USB 3.0, HDMI, Audio Lineout, Display Port, and mini-DisplayPort.
- The weight of the monitors with the packaging of Dell P Series is around 19.80 lb, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the weight of the monitors with the packaging of Dell U Series is around 7.19 lb.
- The price of the Dell P Series monitors is less, whereas comparatively, on the other hand, the price of the Dell U series monitors is higher.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.