When buying a laptop, we want to be thorough about the features to make sure it suffices our needs.
If you are confused between Windows and Apple, then you can go through this article and see which suits you better, Dell XPS 15 or MacBook Pro.
- Dell XPS 15 runs on Windows, while MacBook Pro uses macOS, offering different software ecosystems.
- MacBook Pro is known for its sleek design and build quality, while Dell XPS 15 provides better hardware customization options.
- Dell XPS 15 is generally more affordable than MacBook Pro, providing a competitive alternative for those on a budget.
Dell XPS 15 vs MacBook Pro
Dell XPS 15 is a Windows-based laptop. It is known for its sleek design, high-resolution display, and powerful performance. It can be used for video editing, graphic design, etc. MacBook Pro, is a laptop that runs on macOS and can be used for video editing, graphic design, and many other tasks.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Dell XPS 15 is an affordable model that comes with 10th gen quad-core Core i5. It comes with 8GB RAM, but you can extend it to 64GB.
It includes several great features, and therefore it is also called a laptop from the future. It has a USB-C to USB-A dongle to offer for full-size connecting.
MacBook Pro is a laptop from Apple that is not very affordable but comes with many features. It is a 9th gen 6-core Core i7. Its RAM can be extended up to 64 GB, and its storage can be extended to 8TB.
It will also offer you an HD camera.
|Parameters of Comparison||Dell XPS 15||MacBook Pro|
|CPU||Its CPU is 10th gen quad-core Core i5.||Its CPU is 9th gen 6-core Core i7.|
|RAM||Its RAM can vary from 8GB to 64GB.||Its RAM varies from 16GB to 64GB.|
|Storage||It has 256GB storage and it can be extended to 2TB.||It has 512GB storage and can be stretched to 8TB.|
|Price||It costs less when compared to the MacBook Pro.||It costs a lot more than Dell XPS 15.|
|Weight||It weighs 4 pounds.||It weighs 4.3 pounds.|
|Display||It has a 15.6-inch display.||It has a 16-inch display.|
|Webcam||It has a 720p webcam.||It has a 1080p FaceTime HD camera.|
|Battery||It has an 86Whr battery.||It has a 99.8Whr battery.|
|Audio||It has Quad stereo speakers.||It comes with six speakers and stereo sound with Dolby Atmos.|
What is Dell XPS 15?
The house of Dell is known for producing devices that are unique, and every version of it is upgraded. XPS 15 is no different in this matter.
Its gradual improvement is noticeable. Dell XPS 15 is a compact laptop that weighs light as well. Its size is 344.72 x 230.14 x 18 mm.
Its hard disk is 512GB PCIe, and the display is 15.6-inch long. One can enjoy a full HD option that too in an affordable price range.
On average, the brightness of Dell XPS 15 includes 434.2 nits. It also comes with a touchpad and touchscreen. It includes a fingerprint scanner that is integrated into the power button.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Dell XPS 15 9520 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i7-12700H(14-Core) 512GB PCIe SSD 16GB RAM FHD+ (1920x1200)...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Dell XPS 15 9520 15.6" FHD+ (Intel 12th Gen 14-Core i7-12700H (Beat i9-11980HK), 32GB DDR5 RAM, 1TB...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is MacBook Pro?
MacBook Pro is a notebook from the MacBook family of Apple. The CPU is 9th gen 6-core Core i7, and the display is 16 inches with 3072 x 1920 dimensions.
For port connection, it has 4 Thunderbolts and 3 headphones. It is a lightweight notebook with several impressive features.
The exterior of it is stunning too. However, Apple does not come with an added 4K display. If you want a 4K display and touchscreen, then you need to pay extra money for that. MacBook Pro has 429 nits of brightness to offer.
If you buy a MacBook Pro, then you will get six speakers with Dolby Atmos. The touchpad of Apple’s keyboard is very smooth. It is solid and large enough to comprehend.
In case you are not very well acquainted with using computers, then MacBook Pro will be perfect for you. It is easy to understand, and you can operate it without any complications.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Apple 2022 MacBook Pro Laptop with M2 chip: 13-inch Retina Display, 8GB RAM, 512GB...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Apple 2023 MacBook Pro Laptop M2 Pro chip with 12‑core CPU and 19‑core GPU: 16.2-inch Liquid...||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Dell XPS 15 and MacBook Pro
- The CPU of Dell XPS 15 is 10th gen quad-core Core i5, whereas the CPU of MacBook Pro is 9th gen 6-core Core i7.
- The RAM of Dell XPS 15 varies from 8GB to 64GB, while the RAM of MacBook Pro varies from 16GB to 64GB.
- Dell XPS 15 has 256GB storage, and one can extend it to 2TB, while MacBook Pro comes with 512GB storage and can be stretched up to 8TB.
- The price of the Dell XPS 15 will appear a lot less when compared to the MacBook Pro, which is an expensive model.
- Dell XPS 15 weighs 4 pounds, while MacBook Pro weighs 4.3 pounds.
- Dell XPS 15 comes with a 15.6-inch display, while MacBook Pro includes a 16-inch display.
- The battery of the MacBook Pro will last for a longer time as it has a 99.8Whr battery, but Dell XPS 15 has an 86Whr battery.
- MacBook Pro comes with a better quality webcam as it includes an HD camera of 1080p. On the other hand, Dell XPS 15 has a 720p webcam.
- Dell XPS 15 has Quad stereo speakers, but MacBook Pro includes Dolby Atmos stereo sound.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.