Lighting is a very important part of life, especially in the surgical room, where it plays a vital role. Earlier, Halogen was used everywhere by everyone for any surgical purpose, but then it was noticed that it may not be the best option as it has certain disadvantages too.
Few disadvantages were the less reliability, more energy requirement, more heat production, and many more, then Led Lights came into power. It is considered the best option for any surgical event. It has certain properties and advantages which were lacking in the Halogen, and since then, it is being used and recommended by everyone.
Led Lights vs Halogen
The main difference between Led Lights and Halogen is that Led Light has more advantages when it comes to efficiency, reliability, and many more. They also differ when it comes to the Lighting Color Temperature, where also Led Lights are wining. It also produces less heat in comparison to Halogen. Led Lights are brighter and clear. Halogen only has one advantage over Led Lights, which is less costly than it.
Led Lights are the light that emits light when current flows through them. Photons energy is released when electrons are recombined with the electron present in the semiconductor. It is used in surgical events by medical facilities the most. It is considered the most efficient and reliable source of lighting.
Halogen is the type of light. It is also called a halogen lamp. When compared to any other light (especially Led Lights), halogen lights are less reliable and require more energy to produce light, and it is less efficient and produces more heat. This contributes to global warming too. But for some purposes, Halogen light is still a good option.
Comparison Table Between Led Lights and Halogen
|Parameters of Comparison||Led Lights||Halogen|
|Reliability||More reliable||Less reliable|
|Lighting Color temperature||4300K||4000K|
|Heat||Produce Less heat||Produce More heat|
|Efficiency||More efficient||Less efficient|
|Cost||More expensive||Less expensive|
What is Led Lights?
Led or Light Emitting Diode is an electric light that produces light using the minimum energy. It is considered a more eco-friendly and affordable light.
Advantages of Led Lights are:
- Energy-efficient and long-lasting: led lights are used more nowadays, and the main reason behind it is that it requires less energy and with the same energy it can be bright as same as the light which uses more energy and sometimes, even more, brighter than them. Not only is it energy efficient, but it also long last for a good period.
- Smart home upgrades: they come in a variety, especially for the home. There is an up-gradation in lighting since Led has been introduced. They usually come in variety which results in making the house look attractive and cool.
- More affordable: if the price of led lights had been high, then all the uses and pros it have over bulb or light would have been gone in vain, but that is not the case at all. Led Lights not only come with advantages that support the environment or energy, but it also supports the pocket of an individual as it is affordable. Although it is a little expensive than the other light with all features it has, it is still affordable.
- No toxic components: led lights contain any toxic components such as mercury which is very common in other bulbs or lights.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||DAYBETTER Led Strip Lights 100ft (2 Rolls of 50ft) Smart Light Strips with App Control Remote, 5050...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Halogen?
It is a type of incandescent lamp that uses halogen gas, and that’s why called Halogen light. They are best known for their efficiency, affordability, and quality of light. It is the most used type of light; it is used in buildings, surgeries, homes, and many places.
When compared to Led lights, it has certain disadvantages, but still, it is far better than the other lights available in the market and is very much affordable. And this is the only reason if anyone chooses it over led as led is quite costly than it. And due to its cheapness, it is acquired by every section of society.
It has certain advantages and disadvantages too:
- Advantages: it produces bright white light, while most of the bulb or light is still yellow. One of the best feature or advantage it has that makes it the best choice is that it comes in a variety of bulb’s shapes and sizes, making it a very convenient option, it is good where varying light levels are needed, etc.
- Disadvantage: it has disadvantages such as its life period is very short, it produces so much heat, it is sensitive to vibrations, and uses more energy, etc.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Woods 500 Watt Portable Work Light, Yellow||Check Price on Amazon|
Main Differences Between Led Lights and Halogen
- Led Lights are more reliable than the Halogen, and the reason is that their bulb-life rate is much higher in comparison to the Halogen. It ranges from 40000-50000 hours on average, whereas Halogen only has 1500 to 2000 hours of life rate.
- Led Lights are also more efficient than the Halogen as less power is required by it to operate, whereas, in comparison, Halogen needs more power to operate.
- Led Lights are also leading when it comes to energy usage; it requires comparatively lesser energy than a Halogen to provide the same or even more illumination.
- When it comes to cost, of course, Led Lights are providing some great features; therefore, in comparison to the Halogen, it is slightly more expensive.
- Halogen and Led Lights have different Lighting Color Temperature. While the Lighting color temperature of Led Light is 4300K, that implies it produces more white and cooler light than the Halogen whose temperature is 4000K.
- Led Lights also do not produce more heat resulting in less environmental depletion, whereas Halogen when compared, produces more heat.
Halogen and Led Lights both are very similar to each other, but with all the above-mentioned differences, there is no doubt how both of them are not the same. Although it is said that Led Lights are way better than the Halogen, but still it depends upon the need of the individual for what purpose it is required, and if Halogen can fulfill that purpose, then it might be a good option as it is less costly than the Led Light.
Most of the medical facilities have both of these systems so that at the time of emergency, they could choose what they think is the best.
Last update on 2022-05-20 / Amazon Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API