Lighting is very important in the surgical room, earlier where Halogen was used everywhere by everyone for any surgical purpose, but then it was noticed that it might not be the best option as it has certain disadvantages too.
A few disadvantages were less reliability, more energy requirement, more heat production, and many more, then Led Lights came into power.
- LED lights are more energy-efficient than halogen bulbs, which means they use less electricity to produce the same amount of light.
- Halogen bulbs have a shorter lifespan than LED lights, which can last up to 25 times longer than halogen bulbs.
- LED lights produce less heat than halogen bulbs, making them safer and reducing fire risk.
Led Lights vs Halogen
Light-emitting diodes (LED) produce light with minimum power consumption. It has a colour temperature of 4300k, which creates a cool white light. LED lights are eco-friendly options as they produce less heat. Halogen is a high-performance incandescent lamp that uses more energy to produce light. It has a colour temperature of 4000k, which creates a soft, warm light. Halogens produce high heat.
Led Lights are the light that emits light when current flows through them. Photon energy is released when electrons are recombined with the electron present in the semiconductor.
It is also called a halogen lamp. When compared to any other light (especially Led Lights), halogen lights are less reliable and require more energy to produce light, and it is less efficient and produces more heat.
|Parameters of Comparison||Led Lights||Halogen|
|Reliability||More reliable||Less reliable|
|Lighting Color temperature||4300K||4000K|
|Heat||Produce Less heat||Produce More heat|
|Efficiency||More efficient||Less efficient|
|Cost||More expensive||Less expensive|
What is Led Lights?
Led or Light Emitting Diode is an electric light that produces light using the minimum energy. It is considered a more eco-friendly and affordable light.
Advantages of Led Lights are:
- Energy-efficient and long-lasting: led lights are used more nowadays, and the main reason behind them is that it requires less energy, and with the same energy, they can be bright, as same as the light which uses more energy and sometimes even more, brighter than them.
- Smart home upgrades: they come in a variety, especially for the home. There has been an up-gradation in lighting since Led was introduced.
- More affordable: if the price of led lights had been high, then all the uses and pros it has over a bulb or light would have gone in vain, but that is not the case.
- No toxic components: led lights contain any toxic components such as mercury which is very common in other bulbs or lights.
What is Halogen?
It is a type of incandescent lamp that uses halogen gas, and that’s why called Halogen light. They are best known for their efficiency, affordability, and quality of light.
Compared to Led lights, it has certain disadvantages, but still, it is far better than the other lights available in the market and is very affordable.
It has certain advantages and disadvantages too:
- Advantages: One of the best features or advantages it has that makes it the best choice is that it comes in a variety of bulb shapes and sizes, making it a very convenient option, it is good where varying light levels are needed, etc.
- Disadvantage: it has disadvantages such as its life period being very short, it produces so much heat, it is sensitive to vibrations, and uses more energy, etc.
Main Differences Between Led Lights and Halogen
- While the Lighting color temperature of Led Light is 4300K, that implies it produces more white and cooler light than Halogen, whose temperature is 4000K.
- Led Lights also do not produce more heat resulting in less environmental depletion, whereas Halogen produces more heat.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.