When it comes to SEO tools, they are used to investigate the web page’s potential for high placement on pages of search engine rankings.
They on the Internet offer insights into SEO competition. They also provide information on keywords as well as backlinks. For webmasters and experts, monitoring the domain is vital to determine how to optimize for search.
In the market, there are several sources across the web for SEO tools like Moz, Yoast SEO, Screaming Frog, Google Trends, Answer the Public, Google My Business, and many more.
In this article, the chief aim is on differentiating SimilarWeb and Ubersuggest.
- SimilarWeb provides extensive data about website traffic, while Ubersuggest focuses on keyword analysis.
- Ubersuggest offers cost-effective solutions for smaller businesses, whereas SimilarWeb targets larger organizations.
- SimilarWeb delivers more comprehensive analytics, while Ubersuggest specializes in SEO and content strategy.
SimilarWeb vs Ubersuggest
SimilarWeb is a website that provides website analytics and insights, while Uber Suggest is an SEO tool that helps with keyword research, content ideas, and competitor analysis. SimilarWeb focuses more on website traffic and data, while Uber Suggest helps improve SEO strategies.
SimilarWeb is a tool that estimates the traffic’s total amount different websites get. It also allows seeing top traffic sources of a competitor which is classified into social traffic, referring sites, top search keywords, etc.
It also gives more granular detail related to the content you are posting.
Ubersuggest started as a tool of keyword research, but it become a pretty tool of nifty SEO that helps inform strategy based on things such as keyword traffic volume, PPC difficulty, and difficulty to rank for a particular keyword.
It also uses data that is based on location.
|Parameters of Comparison
|In the United Kingdom
|In the United States
|24/7 Live Support
|SEO professionals and online marketers
|Only SEO professionals
|There is a free trial as well as a free version available
|There is a free trial available but not a free version
What is SimilarWeb?
SimilarWeb is a contributor of digital intelligence for enterprise as well as SMB customers. It offers web analytics services and provides its users’ information on their competitor’s and clients’ performance and web traffic.
It is an industry of mainly market intelligence, advertising, and information technology. SimilarWeb achieved the first Israeli SeedCamp which attracted the investors and international media’s attention.
SimilarWeb raised its Series A round with the investment of $ 1.1 million being by Docor International Management and Yossi Vardi.
SimilarWeb ranks apps and websites based on engagement metrics and traffic. Its ranking is calculated about the collection and with new data updated every month.
It acquired “Embee” in November 2021 to extend its data sets of the mobile user.
The ranking system of SimilarWeb covers the website’s categories of 210. It was designed to be an estimate of the growth potential & popularity of a website.
It ranks websites based on engagement and traffic data and ranks apps in the Google Play Store and App Store based on active users & installs data.
What is Ubersuggest?
Ubersuggest is an SEO tool that specializes in new keyword ideas generation to expand and improve content marketing strategy.
Originally founded as a tool that scraped Google suggest terms. For content optimization, it allows users to gain deep insights into the content pieces as to top-performing for any keyboard.
Users can view the competitiveness, volume, and even seasonal trends of distinctive keywords and also generate an optimized keyword list.
Backlink’s buildup is also possible as it allows users to see the content which is exact people are linking. Action plans can be set by users to improve page ranking and link profiles.
Once interfaced with Chrome, Ubersuggest works independently for searches. It offers the minimum when it comes to SEO. The keyword tracking option of Ubersuggest is impressive as it updates very often.
Typically, customers of Ubersuggest are mainly small businesses and freelancers. In terms of server speed, sometimes Ubersuggest’s server speed is not good.
It fails to give broad keyword search as well as features like Ahref. There is a bit of a curve of learning when they first start using it and also a little frustrating at the start.
Main Differences Between SimilarWeb and Ubersuggest
- The integration of SimilarWeb is Google, Adverity, AT Internet, Google Analytics, Desktop.com, Salesforce, Data Virtuality, Shift, Netpeak Checker, and Ad Clarity. Meanwhile, Google, Desktop.com, Shift are only three of the integration included in Ubersuggest.
- The alternatives of SimilarWeb are AB Tasty, Rank Ranger, Visual Visitor, Metomo Analytics, App Annie, and many more. On contrary, Semrush, SpyFu, Keyboard Tool, Long tail Pro, etc. are some of the alternatives of Ubersuggest.
- In terms of features, the features offered by SimilarWeb are campaign management, multiple people site management, keyword tracking, goal tracking, referral source tracking, and many more. In contrast, keyword search tools are the only product feature of Ubersuggest.
- When it comes to cons, the cons of SimilarWeb are data inaccurate, traffic threshold, expensive with low ROI, and not all competitive sites are similar. On the flip side, the ceiling on a maximum number of results, numbers are not always correct, and actualization backlinks and DR are some of the Ubersuggest cons.
- The training offered by SimilarWeb is in the form of webinars, in person, documentation, and Live online. On the other hand, documentation is the only form through which ubersuggest offers training.
Last Updated : 13 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Emma Smith holds an MA degree in English from Irvine Valley College. She has been a Journalist since 2002, writing articles on the English language, Sports, and Law. Read more about me on her bio page.