- Asus Vivobook: Versatile and stylish laptop series designed for portability, affordability, and everyday productivity.
- Lenovo ThinkPad: Renowned for durability, reliability, and robust performance, targeting business users with business-centric features and exceptional keyboard quality.
- Choice depends on individual requirements, such as portability, budget, durability, and specific use cases, with Asus Vivobook catering to versatile everyday tasks and Lenovo ThinkPad focusing on business professionals’ needs.
What is Asus Vivobook?
ASUS VivoBook is a line of laptops produced by ASUS, a Taiwanese multinational computer hardware and electronics company. The VivoBook line is designed to be affordable, portable, and stylish, making it a popular choice among students, professionals, and casual users.
VivoBooks come in various sizes and configurations, including ultraportable models with 11-inch screens and larger 15-inch models with more powerful hardware. They run on Windows 10 operating systems, with specifications such as Intel or AMD processors, solid-state drives (SSDs), and high-resolution displays. Some models also feature dedicated graphics cards for improved performance in gaming or other graphics-intensive tasks.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||ASUS Vivobook Go 15 L510 Thin & Light Laptop Computer, 15.6” FHD Display, Intel Celeron N4020...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||ASUS VivoBook 14" FHD 1080p Laptop, Intel Core i3-1115G4, 8GB RAM, 256GB PCIe SSD, Backlit Keyboard,...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is Lenovo ThinkPad?
Lenovo ThinkPad is a line of business-oriented laptops and tablets produced by Lenovo, a Chinese multinational computer technology company. The ThinkPad line was originally developed by IBM in 1992 but was later acquired by Lenovo in 2005.
ThinkPad laptops are known for their durability, reliability, and security features, making them popular among business professionals and government organizations. They run on the Windows operating system and feature a range of specifications, including Intel or AMD processors, solid-state drives (SSDs), and high-resolution displays. Some models also have additional security features, such as fingerprint scanners, encrypted hard drives, and tamper-resistant designs.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Lenovo ThinkPad T480s Laptop, 14 IPS FHD (1920x1080) Matte Display, Intel Core i7-8650U 4.20 GHz,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Lenovo ThinkPad T490 14.0 FHD (1920x1080) 250 nits IPS Anti-Glare Display - Intel Core i5-8265U...||Check Price on Amazon|
Difference Between Asus Vivobook and Lenovo ThinkPad
- ASUS VivoBook is designed to be slim, lightweight, and stylish, making it a good choice for casual users or students who value portability and aesthetics. On the other hand, Lenovo ThinkPad has a more traditional, business-oriented design that focuses on durability and reliability.
- Lenovo ThinkPad offers more advanced security features than ASUS VivoBook, such as fingerprint readers, smart card readers, and encrypted hard drives, making it a better option for businesses and professionals prioritising security.
- Lenovo ThinkPad laptops come with more powerful hardware, such as higher-end processors and dedicated graphics cards, making them a better choice for users who need to run demanding applications or work with graphics-intensive software. ASUS VivoBook laptops, while still powerful, are generally more focused on balancing performance with affordability.
- ASUS VivoBook laptops are known for their long battery life, with some models able to last up to 10 hours or more on a single charge. While still offering respectable battery life, Lenovo ThinkPad laptops may not be able to match the endurance of some VivoBook models.
- ASUS VivoBook laptops are generally more affordable than Lenovo ThinkPad models, making them a good choice for budget-conscious consumers or students. Lenovo ThinkPad laptops, while more expensive, are designed with business users in mind and offer advanced features and performance that justify the higher cost.
Comparison Between Asus Vivobbok and Lenovo ThinkPad
|Parameters of Comparison||Asus Vivobook||Lenovo ThinkPad|
|Display||Generally have decent speakers but may not match the sound quality of higher-end laptops.||Typically comes in standard screen sizes (14-15 inches) with high resolution, anti-glare displays for better viewing in bright light environments.|
|Audio||Generally have decent speakers but may not match the sound quality of higher-end laptops||Often feature Dolby Audio and/or Harman speakers for better sound quality.|
|Build Quality||While sturdy, ASUS VivoBooks are not designed for rough handling or extreme conditions.||Lenovo ThinkPads are built to military-grade standards and are designed to withstand extreme conditions such as shock, vibration, and temperature changes.|
|Weight||ASUS VivoBooks are generally lighter than Lenovo ThinkPads, making them more portable.||Lenovo ThinkPads tend to be heavier than ASUS VivoBooks, but their sturdiness and durability make them a better option for users who travel frequently or work in challenging environments.|
|Brand Reputation||ASUS has a good reputation for producing affordable and reliable laptops with a strong focus on design and innovation.||Lenovo has a reputation for producing high-quality laptops that are built to last and designed with the needs of business users in mind.|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.