- Operating Systems: Dell Inspiron runs on Windows, while MacBook Air runs on macOS, offering different software ecosystems.
- Performance: Dell Inspiron offers various configurations for everyday tasks and light workloads, while MacBook Air utilizes the efficient M1 chip for optimized performance.
- Design and Portability: Dell Inspiron has versatile designs with the sturdy build quality, while MacBook Air features a sleek and lightweight design, prioritizing portability.
What is Dell Inspiron?
Dell Inspiron is another popular line launched by the company Dell. Through this series of laptops, the company offers various models to suit depending on different requirements and budgets. This series has been best known for its versatility for both professional and casual users. The laptops are available in screen/display sizes of 15.6 inches or 13.3 inches.
Dell Inspiron is powered by Windows 10 as its operating system, while it has Intel Core i3, i5, or i7 as its processor. It has an in-built graphics card, NVIDIA GeForce MX330, or Intel UHD Graphics.
It has a variety of ports for compatibility with other devices, such as – headphone jack, HDMI, USB-C, USB-A, and SD card reader. It has a battery life of up to 8 hours. And additionally, it has a storage capacity of up to 1 TB SSD or 2 TB HDD.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Dell 2022 Newest Inspiron 15 Laptop, 15.6" HD Display, Intel Celeron N4020 Processor, 16GB DDR4 RAM,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Dell Newest Inspiron 15 3511 Laptop, 15.6" FHD Touchscreen, Intel Core i5-1035G1, 12GB RAM, 256GB...||Check Price on Amazon|
What is MacBook Air?
MacBook Air is the renowned series of laptops launched by Apple and is best known for its high-end performance and sleek design. The laptop has been designed in such a way to be lightweight and ultra-thin so that it is quite easy to carry around in the office or home.
The key feature of the MacBook Air is the Retina display that provides stunning visuals with a resolution of 2560*1600 pixels. Another feature includes reduced glare to be used in various lighting conditions.
The laptop has been powered by Apple M1 Chip, specially designed for their Mac. Additionally, it provides a battery life of up to 15 hours after a single charge. With all the high-end powerful performance and features, the price range goes too expensive.
We found the best deal(s) on Amazon for you
|1||Apple 2023 MacBook Air Laptop with M2 chip: 15.3-inch Liquid Retina Display, 8GB Unified Memory,...||Check Price on Amazon|
|2||Apple MacBook Air with Intel Core i5, 1.6GHz, (13-inch, 4GB,128GB SSD) - Silver (Renewed)||Check Price on Amazon|
Difference Between Dell Inspiron and MacBook Air
- Dell Inspiron is manufactured by the company Dell whereas, similarly, the MacBook Air is manufactured by the company Apple.
- The operating system powered by Dell Inspiron is Windows 10. On the other hand, the operating system powered by the MacBook Air is macOS.
- Dell Inspiron has two display/screen sizes – 15.6 and 13.3 inches. While in contrast, MacBook Air is available in only 13.3 inches.
- The processor used in Dell Inspiron is Intel Core i3 or i5, or i7. At the same time, MacBook Air uses an Apple M1 chip as its processor.
- The screen resolution of Dell Inspiron is 3840*2160 pixels or 1920*1080 pixels. In contrast, the screen resolution of the MacBook Air is 2560*1600 pixels.
- The storage capacity of Dell Inspiron is up to 1 TB SSD or 2 TB HDD, whereas, on the other hand, the storage capacity of MacBook Air is up to 1 TB SSD.
- The battery life of the Dell Inspiron is approximately about 8 hours, while the MacBook Air’s battery life is approximately 15 hours.
- The graphics used in Dell Inspiron is NVIDIA GeForce MX330 or Intel UHD Graphics, while the graphics used in MacBook Air is Apple M1 chip with integrated graphics.
- The ports available in Dell Inspiron are – a headphone jack, USB-C, USB-A, SD Card reader, and HDMI. At the same time, the ports available in MacBook Air are – a headphone jack and 2 USB-C ports.
- The weight of Dell Inspiron 15.6 inches is 4.16 lbs, and 13.3 inches is 3.82 lbs. On the other hand, the weight of the MacBook Air is 2.82 lbs for 13.3 inches.
- The price range of Dell Inspiron is budget-friendly, while on either side, the MacBook Air is expensive.
Comparison Between Dell Inspiron and MacBook Air
|Parameter of Comparison||Dell Inspiron||MacBook Air|
|Operating System||Windows 10||macOS|
|Display Size||15.6 inches or 13.3 inches||13.3 inches|
|Processor||Intel Core i3 or i5 or i7||Apple M1 chip|
|Resolution||3840*2160 or 1920*1080||2560*1600|
|Storage||1 TB SSD or 2 TB HDD||1 TB SSD|
|Battery Life||8 hours||15 hours|
|Graphics||NVIDIA GeForce MX330 or Intel UHD Graphics||Apple M1 chip with integrated graphics|
|Ports||Headphone jack, USB-C, USB-A, SD Card reader, HDMI||Headphone jack, 2 USB-C ports|
|Weight||4.16 lbs for 15.6 inches or 3.82 lbs for 13.3 inches||2.8 lbs|
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Sandeep Bhandari holds a Bachelor of Engineering in Computers from Thapar University (2006). He has 20 years of experience in the technology field. He has a keen interest in various technical fields, including database systems, computer networks, and programming. You can read more about him on his bio page.