People with Lupus are prone to different types of cancer in the human body. There are 2 types of incurable diseases present, namely Cancer and Lupus, which are detailed below with their distinguished symptoms and treatment.
- Cancer involves uncontrolled cell growth, leading to malignant tumors; lupus is an autoimmune disease causing inflammation and organ damage.
- Cancer treatment primarily focuses on surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy; lupus treatment uses anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive medications.
- Cancer can occur in any body part, while lupus primarily affects the skin, joints, and internal organs.
Cancer vs Lupus
Cancer is a group of diseases that involve abnormal cell growth and the ability of those cells to spread to other parts of the body and is diagnosed through biopsy and imaging tests. Lupus is an autoimmune disease in which the body’s immune system attacks its own tissues and organs.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
The out-of-control growth of particular human body cells creates lumps in various organs, developing masses, ulceration, and Syst due to natural factors. It affects the tissue cells in the human body.
The term Lupus is referred to as a life-threatening disease, namely Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE). It is also referred to as some tuberculosis disease as well.
|Parameters of Comparison||Cancer||Lupus|
|Name origin||The Disease name was discovered from the animal marine crabs having the name Cancer.||The Disease name was discovered from the Latin word Lupus means wolf (An Animal).|
|Definition||Cancer is a serious disease-causing abnormal growth of cells.||In Lupus, the human body is harmed by its immune system.|
|Causes||The common causes of Cancer are environmental factors.||On the other hand, The common cause of Lupus is when the immune system damage healthy tissues|
|Symptoms||There are 3 main symptoms of Cancer mainly: Local, Systematic, and Metastatic.||The few common symptoms of Lupus are Joint pain, facial rashes and hair loss, etc.|
|Prevention||In preventive care of Cancer, one should avoid causative carcinogens.||In preventive care of Lupus, there are no options as it is an autoimmune disease.|
What is Cancer?
Disorder of body cells in an unsystematic manner and uncontrollable growth, including the spreading of this abnormal factor in the whole of the body, means Cancer disease. It can start with any body part or organ of the human body since it’s a genetic disease.
Every kind of cancer has a different genetic combination. The process through which cancer cells are transmitted into different body parts is known as metastasis.
Modifications happen in the normal cells of the body, and they form an out-of-control structure. Hormonal imbalance is considered one of the major risks of Cancer.
What is Lupus?
Lupus is also prominently known as SLE- which is abbreviated as Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. The disease seems similar to cancer but the disorder of lupus results in various types of cancer in the human body.
Immunosuppressants, corticosteroids, NSAIDs, and methotrexate are some available treatments to manage the impact of Lupus. As per research, it is highly detected in females, and women facing lupus are prone to breast cancer significantly.
Lupus has one kind, called neonatal Lupus, where women suffering from lupus cannot give birth to a healthy baby. The majority of Lupus patients suffer from fatigue problems.
Main Differences Between Cancer and Lupus
- Diagnosis: Cancer can be diagnosed through initial screening like X-ray or CT, whereas Lupus can be diagnosed through Anti-Nuclear Antibodies (ANA).
- Treatment or Management: Cancer is treated via surgical removal, and Lupus is treated through therapy protecting tissue attacks, although both are non-curable.
- Signs: In Cancer, no specific sign appears in cancer patients and In the case of Lupus, harsh red patches in butterfly shape appear gradually on the face of Lupus patients.
- Transmission: The transmission of cancer from one organ to another is rarely possible, whereas Lupus easily transmits from one part of the body to another.
- Traits: Cancer is not further converted into Lupus, whereas Lupus, if not controlled medically, will turn out to be Cancer in the human body.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.