Who doesn’t like good music? Attending a good music festival is one of the best weekend plans. Call it a music festival or music carnival, and you will observe a good variety of music being presented there.
Be it national, modern, or classic music, A music fest is themed accordingly.
Coachella and Lollapalooza are the two great music fests we all know of the United States. Suppose, You have tickets to both, but on the same day, what will you choose? Here is the comparative study on both, For you to decide accordingly.
- Coachella and Lollapalooza are two popular music festivals held in the United States.
- Coachella is held in California, while Lollapalooza is held in Illinois.
- Coachella is known for featuring a mix of music genres, while Lollapalooza focuses mainly on alternative rock and hip-hop.
Coachella vs Lollapalooza
Coachella and Lollapalooza are two of the most popular music festivals, differing in location and musical focus; Coachella takes place in California and is known for its indie music and arts scene, while Lollapalooza, in Chicago, features a more diverse range of genres.
Want to save this article for later? Click the heart in the bottom right corner to save to your own articles box!
Coachella is a music and arts festival organized by Goldenvoice, and you will experience a variety of genres at Coachella, call it Rock, Pop, Hip-hop, electronic dance music, or indie style.
It was last active in 2019. Coachella gets its name from the Coachella Valley. Apart from music lovers, It attracts lakhs of Exploring souls and desert lovers every year.
The term Lollapalooza means an exceptional event. It is a music and arts festival in the middle of Chicago city, which not only presents the major genre but, also is a big platform for Visual arts and Nonprofit organizations.
Apart from music lovers, It attracts lakhs of after-party lovers every year.
|Parameters of Comparison||Coachella||Lollapalooza|
|Scheduled||It has evolved from a single-day concert to 3 days to a Two-weekend continuous festival. organized in the month of April, every year.||It is a four days consecutive festival, organized in the month of September last time in 2019.|
|Location||It happens at the empire polo club in Indio California.||The beautiful festival is one of the best things to see in Chicago, Grant Park, Illinois.|
|Organizers||AEG’s subsidiary, known as Goldenvoice. is the organizer of this music festival.||Lollapalooza is known as the festival of Perry Farrell, who created this festival as a Jane Addiction farewell tour.|
|Weather||The temperature here is experienced from forty degrees Celcius to forty-three degrees Celcius in the month of April.||Lollapalooza experiences a temperature of around Thirty-seven degrees Celcius.|
|Average Crowd Density||On average, More than two lakh bookings are made annually.||On average, Lollapalooza observes four lakh attendees annually.|
What is Coachella?
A two-weekend festival and people cheer their favourite artist’s names, everything from rock to electronic music is celebrated here. Being in the desert, temperature reviews for Coachella are pretty great.
This festival is considered the start of music carnivals and fests in the US.
Organized by Goldenvoice in the late 90s for the first time. It was the fest of 1999, which proved to be the game-changer. As time passed, Coachella evolved from one day concert to three days and now to a two-weekend festival.
Making it one of the highest-profiting concerts in the US.
Coachella experiences more than two lahks of bookings. This festival is important for the crowd and artists who see this as a big opportunity for their followers to increase.
What is Lollapalooza?
Perry Farrell started the Festival, and Lollapalooza has evolved from a touring event to one of the best music festivals in the US.
One point which makes Lollapalooza different from any other music fest happening in the US is, They not only feature Rock bands, EDM’s, hip hop, etc. but also a big platform for Nonprofit entities and political institutions.
Also spelt as “lollapalootza”, the meaning of this term actually describes the festival itself: an extraordinary or exceptional event.
Some performances which can never be forgotten from here are Kanye West in 2008, Outkast in 2014, and Chance The Rapper in 2013. This music festival is organized internationally.
Countries like Chile, Brazil, Germany, Sweden, France, Israel, and Argentina host their version of lollapalooza every year.
Main Differences Between Coachella and Lollapalooza.
- Coachella was started as a One day concert in 90’s to Three days concert in 2007, and then in 2010, as a whole two-weekend festival. Whereas Lollapalooza was expanded from three days festival to four days on completion of its 25-year of journey.
- Empire polo club of Indio in California hosts the Coachella festival annually, People visit the Colorado desert to attend this beautiful music festival, whereas for Loallapalooza, which is organised in mid of the city, is in Grant Park, it is more convenient for people to attend here.
- Goldenvoice, an ancillary of AEG presents, are the organisers of the Coachella music festival, whereas Lollapalooza is the festival started by Perry Farrell as a Jane addition farewell tour.
- Being compared on the basis of weather, Lollapalooza is chosen by many, as its mid summertime when one can experience a bit of rain and temperature worth tolerance. Whereas in Coachella, people often complain of dehydration and extremely hot weather.
- While Coachella is one of the highest-profiting music festivals in the US, it is the lollapalooza whose average crowd count is more, which is around four lahks compared to 2.5 lakhs of Coachella.
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Piyush Yadav has spent the past 25 years working as a physicist in the local community. He is a physicist passionate about making science more accessible to our readers. He holds a BSc in Natural Sciences and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental Science. You can read more about him on his bio page.