Sometimes when we speak English, certain words sound or are pronounced similarly, but when we look at their meaning, they are completely different. The are several such words that play with our minds and challenge our English speaking and writing skills.
Two of such words are Delhivery and Delivery when we pronounce these words, they almost sound the same, but when we look at their meaning, they are completely different. And what is the difference between the two? Let’s find out.
- Popcorn is a type of corn with a hard, moisture-retaining kernel that pops when heated, while sweet corn is a variety with a high sugar content, harvested and consumed as a vegetable.
- Popcorn is used primarily as a snack, while sweet corn is served as a side dish or incorporated into various recipes.
- Popcorn kernels have a tough, inedible hull, whereas sweet corn has a soft, edible exterior and is eaten off the cob.
Delhivery vs Delivery
Delhivery is an Indian logistics and supply chain services company that offers a range of courier services including express parcel transportation, LTL and FTL freight, reverse logistics, and more. Delivery is a general term that refers to the act of transporting goods from a source location to a predefined destination.
Delhivery: It is India’s leading and fastest-growing unified logistics Services Company by turnover as of Fiscal 2021, with a footprint in every province and Delivery to over 17,000+ pin codes.
Versatile shipment choices, such as LTL, expedited parcel solutions, and cross-border fulfilment agreements with Aramex and FedEx, provide the expanding customer room to develop.
Delivery: The practice of transferring items from a source point to a predetermined location is known as Delivery.
There are different modes of Delivery through which the product or the services reach the client, such as Highways and railways on land, ship channels on the sea, and aviation are the primary modes of transport for cargo.
|Parameters of Comparison
|Delhivery is a shipping and e-commerce logistics firm based in India.
|Delivering paper mails, packages, or items is called Delivery.
|Used as term
|Name of company
|Act of transporting goods to the destination location.
|Type of Noun
|Related to e-commerce
|It is an online courier company
|It is a word used in e-commerce businesses to transfers goods to the desired location
What is Delhivery?
Delhivery is a shipping and e-commerce logistics firm based in India. Sahil Barua, Mohit Tandon, Bhavesh Manglani, Suraj Saharan, and Kapil Bharati started this firm in 2011.
The company’s main investors are Carlyle Group, Tiger Global, Fosun International, etc.
History of Delhivery: Delhivery was founded in May of 2011. During the first couple of months after its creation, it was conceived as a hyper-local rapid Delivery service operator for offline retailers, transporting flowers and food regionally in Gurugram.
After a few months after its inception, it was the time when India’s online shopping and e-commerce sectors were rapidly growing, with international investors exhibiting keen attention to the sector.
As the online business started flourishing in India, so does the business of Delhivery firm.
Services Provided by Delhivery: As the company is growing, there is a need to keep up with the market as a result, Delhivery has included some of the best services that are purely intended to keep its customer happy and satisfied.
Some of its services include:
1. Express Parcel: Delhivery manages a fast-developing network that supports all Express Parcel and Heavy Parcel demands, including major equipment and furnishings, with same-day, next-day, and 48-96 hour shipping options.
2. Warehousing: The ability to tailor and adjust your warehousing and fulfilment processes down to the smallest detail is provided by Delhivery’s network of warehouse centres and unique software.
3. Freight Facility: Orders are delivered at extremely low prices across India. Full truckload and part truckload logistics can help you leverage your business.
4. Cross-border shipment: It is simple and efficient with Delhivery; people can enjoy untroubled international shipping in a shorter period and at a lower cost.
What is Delivery?
Delivery is a crucial part of commerce and trade, and it entails both transportation and Delivery.
Distribution refers to the overall process of distributing commodities, whereas logistics refers to the study of efficient systems for delivering and disposing of items and employees.
History of Delivery: As we know, the word Delivery is mainly used by a firm or business related to delivering goods and services.
So the history of Delivery started in 1889 when the first food Delivery occurred in Naples, Italy. It was when King Umberto and Queen Margherita ordered pizza from Pizzeria di Pietro e Basta Cosi, which has since become a famous landmark.
Gradually, Mahadeo Havaji Bachche is claimed to have come up with the idea after a Paris banker sought home-cooked food at his workplace. He then began a Delivery service with roughly a hundred individuals until endeavouring to organize it in 1930.
Working of Delivery services: When two parties agree to engage in an agreement, they must decide on several crucial conditions: the deal’s price and the contract’s maturity date.
When the maturity date arrives, the seller must either deliver the actual product to the buyer or pay the agreement for a profit or a loss. Dealers handle Delivery in a variety of methods based on the type of product in question.
Also, some products are not possible to deliver physically, but there is a medium through which these services or product are delivered to the customer such services include oil, electricity, internet, etc
Main Differences Between Delhivery and Delivery
1. Delhivery is a brand, while Delivery is an English word that is used by retailers and e-commerce businesses.
2. Delhivery is related to the courier service, while Delivery is closely related to e-commerce or transport services.
3. Delhivery started in May 2011, while the concept of Delivery started in 1889.
4. Delhivery is a company’s unique name, while Delivery has different means in a different field.
5. Concerning logistics Delhivery is a courier company, while Delivery means the goods have reached their destination.
Last Updated : 26 July, 2023
I’ve put so much effort writing this blog post to provide value to you. It’ll be very helpful for me, if you consider sharing it on social media or with your friends/family. SHARING IS ♥️
Chara Yadav holds MBA in Finance. Her goal is to simplify finance-related topics. She has worked in finance for about 25 years. She has held multiple finance and banking classes for business schools and communities. Read more at her bio page.